forum

Most efficient way of getting SS?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
exboshy
So lets say I want to get an SS on map with minimum amount of time/attempts. How do I go about it? Just playing same map from start to finish? Or playing the parts that I fail more? Or I play on harder difficulties and then come back and own it?
otonashi-senpai

exboshy wrote:

Or I play on harder difficulties and then come back and own it?
This.
But SS'ing a song isn't important. You shouldn't focus on SS and just keep playing and try to FC (Full Combo) songs.
Genki1000

exboshy wrote:

So lets say I want to get an SS on map with minimum amount of time/attempts. How do I go about it? Just playing same map from start to finish? Or playing the parts that I fail more? Or I play on harder difficulties and then come back and own it?
This. I only try to SS maps I 100% know I can SS within 1~3 tries, unless I really like the song.
ABCD_old_1

He4rtl3ss wrote:

exboshy wrote:

This.
But SS'ing a song isn't important. You shouldn't focus on SS and just keep playing and try to FC (Full Combo) songs.

explains some stuff
Vuelo Eluko

ABCD wrote:

explains some stuff
my acc higher than urs and i still agree with him SS's are pointless to go for.
the only SS i have on an actual insane was luck, id never bother retrying even if i only had 1 or 2 100's.

why bother? it's not fun and you aren't going to get as much valuable skill increasing experience as challening yourself will.
Topic Starter
exboshy

He4rtl3ss wrote:

exboshy wrote:

This.
I like getting SS. I'm doing full combo all the time.
silmarilen
the most efficient way to SS is to first learn how to acc and then play maps that are easy
Oinari-sama
Play from start to finish. If you feel that there's nothing stopping you from getting SS, then get it within a few retries.

If there's a particular part of the map causing trouble, then identify the skills required (eg reading / streaming / jumping), add the map to Collection and just forget about it for time being. Keep a pool of such maps for warm ups (F2, play once and move on to the next). Train the "missing skills" in harder diff/maps.

SS should be fun, at least that's how I see it. Stressing over 100 retries to SS a map isn't the most efficient way to improve :)
Rewben2
SS'ing stuff is quite pointless but if you want to, do what silma said
GoldenWolf

Rewben2 wrote:

This game is quite pointless.
RaneFire
Accuracy is best practiced on easier stuff, but you should focus on developing your skills on harder stuff as well. It doesn't matter how many SS's you have on easier stuff, the moment you try harder stuff, that all feels like a waste when you realise you're lacking in everything, even reading.

exboshy wrote:

Basically... Yes. But don't wait 6 months before coming back to easy stuff. Come back to easier stuff on a more frequent basis... every week even.
winber1

GoldenWolf wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

not as pointless as my pencil
Saphirshroom

winber1 wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

not as pointless as my pencil
You do have a point there.
[-Cloud-]
If it's your goal to SS stuff, go for it. Best way to learn accuracy is playing OD10.
buny
72k playcount 7 SS

no regrets
Topic Starter
exboshy

[-Cloud-] wrote:

If it's your goal to SS stuff, go for it. Best way to learn accuracy is playing OD10.
What's OD10?
gregest

thelewa wrote:

Going for SS is useless for your general accuracy if you use a billion tries for it, so it's not worth the effort. Eventually something will click into place and accuracy will get easier.
uzzi

exboshy wrote:

[-Cloud-] wrote:

What's OD10?
I feel like if you're asking questions like that, you shouldn't be too worried about SS'ing maps or being efficient or whatever.
chainpullz
The difference in pp between having a single 100 and having an SS is quite negligible. Unless the song is easy for you, a 99.5% might as well be an SS for the amount of time it will take you to actually SS it.
Kouya-
I use to focus on trying to SS every song I came across when I was pretty nooby . (And Still am ;~;)

But, like other people are saying, you shouldn't really focus on getting SS because they aren't really important unless you SS'ed something you're really proud of like an insane song.

But seriously, just practice FCing and getting really good acc 97.00%+ is good considering your accuracy you need to fix as of right now .
show more