forum

Apocalyptica - Hall of the Mountain King

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pishifat
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, December 23, 2014 at 7:30:43 PM

Artist: Apocalyptica
Title: Hall of the Mountain King
Tags: cello thrash symphonic orchestral classical cult Edvard Grieg best
BPM: 62
Filesize: 5600kb
Play Time: 02:18
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.56 stars, 150 notes)
  2. Extra (5.49 stars, 525 notes)
  3. Hard (3.27 stars, 321 notes)
  4. Insane (4.55 stars, 445 notes)
  5. Normal (2.09 stars, 232 notes)
Download: Apocalyptica - Hall of the Mountain King
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

!
Jaketin
Wow, the timing sure looks complicated. You must've spent quite a few hours with it!
I tried Extra, Insane and Hard. I played Hard with Nightcore, expecting it to sound awkward due to the timing, but it was actually good. I specially liked the Insane difficulty.
A well polished map, not much to mod here. Well done! :D
Mint
Hello, pishifat! pm request :)

:idea: General

* Dat timing.
* 1.15MB background image? I think you can decrease the size :)
* Why not add KIAI close after the middle of the song, the instruments are really wild and fast there.
* I see that you don't have any tags, try finding some here (also check the title with a BAT)
Wikipedia page of the song
Wikipedia page of the album
Wikipedia page of the album "Cult"
I think you can add tags like: "Edvard Grieg" and maybe "Cult"

:arrow: Testplay

* Easy (+DT,HR) - Score ~ Replay
* Normal (+DT) - Score ~ Replay
* Hard - Score ~ Replay
* Insane - Score ~ Replay
* Extra (+NF) - Score ~ Replay

Easy

* 00:07:189 (1,2) - I really don't understand why you used this rhythm in the beginning. The beginning is quite calm and the rest of the rhythm here should be easy to follow. I highly recommend to change the first slider.
* 01:20:633 (1) - The flow broke here a little. I'd put this slider a little bit up and closer to the slider end of (2) - you'll have to redo the pattern after this to make it DS'ed, I'm afraid.

Normal

* Can't really find anything major, but look at the other diffs for hitsound/NC suggestions.

Hard

* 00:19:172 (1) - You had a nice circular flow going on, and I highly recommend to place it somewhere else to keep the flow.
* 00:39:412 (3,4,1) - You could sort of blanket these, I guess.
* 00:45:582 (4) - (all diffs) I'd add a whistle here, fits with the strong guitar imo. There are more parts in the song where you could apply it, like at 00:49:053 (4) -
* 01:19:403 (1) - Flow here would be better if you pointed the slider end down and the red slider point more to the right, but it's not a big issue.

Insane

* 00:33:666 (1,1,1) - These NC's are only present in the Insane diff. Not really a big error, but I'd atleast try to make the NC's consistent with the Extra diff.
* 00:40:325 (1,2,3) - This placement seems random. I'd move (3) further away for DS.
* 00:48:417 (3,4,5,6,1) - Would look nicer if you used symmetry here with a kind of blanket at (3) and (1).
* 00:59:997 (6,2) - Blanket could be slightly improved here by moving (2)'s slider points a bit.
* 01:02:585 (5) - CTRL+G this? There's enough time to go to the next slider, so it's fine now as well.
* 01:27:795 (2) - Really depends on what you are following at 01:24:972 (1,2) - , but maybe turn this repeat slider into a single hitcircle to repeat the rhythm?
* 01:52:018 (3) - No red point as you usually do with sliders like this?

Extra

* 00:37:143 (2) - (H/I/EX) Shouldn't the NC be here.
* 00:56:525 (5) - (N/H/I/EX) NC this? The timing changes by 14BPM here, and the slider is a little faster than usual.
* 01:15:692 (1,3) - Personal preference, but I wouldn't do this here. The AR is 9.3 which is a bit too much for me to read this. But of course I'm no pro or anything ^^
* 01:13:231 (1) - (all diffs) Starting from this combo, there's a string/violin-instrument you're following on every new combo. Changing the volume every combo to make it sound like the instrument would go fine here. Something like the volume in/decrease at 01:19:403 (1) - and 01:20:633 (1) -
* 01:25:276 (5) - Adding a kickslider here might not be a bad idea.
* 02:16:368 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - (all diffs) Consider adding whistles here.

Not really much to mod here. I can't really play it very well, due the lack of skills - but it's fun!

Sorry for the short mod, no kd if it didn't help.
Couldn't really find any big problem in this map, good mapping and timing skills here o3o/

Have a star and good luck :roll:
Ringating
ppl getting pissy about file size fine have another

Topic Starter
pishifat

Jaketin wrote:

Wow, the timing sure looks complicated. You must've spent quite a few hours with it!
I tried Extra, Insane and Hard. I played Hard with Nightcore, expecting it to sound awkward due to the timing, but it was actually good. I specially liked the Insane difficulty.
A well polished map, not much to mod here. Well done! :D

oh thanks o.o unexpected people testing the map is cool

apple re:
SPOILER

appleeaterx wrote:

changed
kinda changed/comments
not changed

Hello, pishifat! pm request :) got rid of your light blue becuase it screwed with the reply lol

:idea: General

* Dat timing. mmmm
* 1.15MB background image? I think you can decrease the size :) ringatingdid
* Why not add KIAI close after the middle of the song, the instruments are really wild and fast there.
* I see that you don't have any tags, try finding some here (also check the title with a BAT)
Wikipedia page of the song
Wikipedia page of the album
Wikipedia page of the album "Cult"
I think you can add tags like: "Edvard Grieg" and maybe "Cult" moved this to pending last night and forgot kiai/tags lol. (as well as some unsnapped objects). so yea added kiai and tags

:arrow: Testplay

* Easy (+DT,HR) - Score ~ Replay
* Normal (+DT) - Score ~ Replay
* Hard - Score ~ Replay
* Insane - Score ~ Replay
* Extra (+NF) - Score ~ Replay didnt even need no fail :/

Easy

* 00:07:189 (1,2) - I really don't understand why you used this rhythm in the beginning. The beginning is quite calm and the rest of the rhythm here should be easy to follow. I highly recommend to change the first slider. (1) is snapped one millisecond before the SV change ooooooops
* 01:20:633 (1) - The flow broke here a little. I'd put this slider a little bit up and closer to the slider end of (2) - you'll have to redo the pattern after this to make it DS'ed, I'm afraid. i see what you mean. i adjusted it by changing some directional stuff with 01:19:403 (2) - though so i wouldn't have to re-do the whole pattern

Normal

* Can't really find anything major, but look at the other diffs for hitsound/NC suggestions.

Hard

* 00:19:172 (1) - You had a nice circular flow going on, and I highly recommend to place it somewhere else to keep the flow. that was intentional actually, considering i've got a very similar flow-breaker in insane/extra at this point. since it's a new combo breaking from the previous combo's flow isn't too uncommon
* 00:39:412 (3,4,1) - You could sort of blanket these, I guess. did so for (1), but doing it for (3) would break the intended movement so that one's staying
* 00:45:582 (4) - (all diffs) I'd add a whistle here, fits with the strong guitar imo. There are more parts in the song where you could apply it, like at 00:49:053 (4) - doing that would cause there to not be any distinction between beats 2 and 4 of this section, since i also have whistles there. whistles are much more representative of high pitch noises in the music, which i've attached to the high pitched cello notes. doing so for teh guitar wouldn't fit quite so well, and may also lead to some obnoxious overhitsounding
* 01:19:403 (1) - Flow here would be better if you pointed the slider end down and the red slider point more to the right, but it's not a big issue. i agree that flow could be improved there. did so, but not in the same way you suggested

Insane

* 00:33:666 (1,1,1) - These NC's are only present in the Insane diff. Not really a big error, but I'd atleast try to make the NC's consistent with the Extra diff. NC was originally there to mark the SV change but now that's gone so NC can go too
* 00:40:325 (1,2,3) - This placement seems random. I'd move (3) further away for DS. moved 2 closer to 1 instead. same idea i guess
* 00:48:417 (3,4,5,6,1) - Would look nicer if you used symmetry here with a kind of blanket at (3) and (1). symmetry looks so gross tho :/ i decided to make it look even less symmetrical and i like it more now lol
* 00:59:997 (6,2) - Blanket could be slightly improved here by moving (2)'s slider points a bit. don't really like the super-huggy-blankets all that much so i'd rather keep this like it is. a lot of maps use this and it seems more appropriate than a super bendy blanket imo
* 01:02:585 (5) - CTRL+G this? There's enough time to go to the next slider, so it's fine now as well. why didnt i do this before i dont know
* 01:27:795 (2) - Really depends on what you are following at 01:24:972 (1,2) - , but maybe turn this repeat slider into a single hitcircle to repeat the rhythm? if it were the same rhythm in the song i'd do that, but 01:25:276 (2) - distinctly cuts off while 01:27:744 (2) - continues into the next phrase
* 01:52:018 (3) - No red point as you usually do with sliders like this? uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dunno what i was thinking

Extra

* 00:37:143 (2) - (H/I/EX) Shouldn't the NC be here. don't think so. it's probably hard to tell because of all the timing points and weird rhythm prior to this, but 00:36:667 (1) - is the downbeat so NC-ing (2) would be weird
* 00:56:525 (5) - (N/H/I/EX) NC this? The timing changes by 14BPM here, and the slider is a little faster than usual. considering i've mapped this as a 1 beat slider in every difficulty (i think), the slight difference in bpm shouldn't actually affect any gameplay aspects
* 01:15:692 (1,3) - Personal preference, but I wouldn't do this here. The AR is 9.3 which is a bit too much for me to read this. But of course I'm no pro or anything ^^ pretty sure that lowering the approach rate would make this harder to read lol. it shouldn't really be a problem though because follow-points are pretty clear about where the next object is, as well as (3)'s offset beneath (1).
* 01:13:231 (1) - (all diffs) Starting from this combo, there's a string/violin-instrument you're following on every new combo. Changing the volume every combo to make it sound like the instrument would go fine here. Something like the volume in/decrease at 01:19:403 (1) - and 01:20:633 (1) - i've got that sort of idea already starting at 01:19:403 (1) - when the music has a gradual but noticeable volume increase. the thing you mentioned doesn't really seem to be as dynamic as that, so i think it might be better to just stick with emphasizing the most dynamic volume change
* 01:25:276 (5) - Adding a kickslider here might not be a bad idea. as i mentioned on the hard (i think), there's a noticeable pause at 01:25:276 (5) - so filling a gap of emptiness with a kickslider would mean not followign the music :/
* 02:16:368 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - (all diffs) Consider adding whistles here. there are whistles tho o.o the stuff with soft additions wouldn't work with the same whistles as the ones with the drum sampleset tho

Not really much to mod here. I can't really play it very well, due the lack of skills - but it's fun!

Sorry for the short mod, no kd if it didn't help. of course it did
Couldn't really find any big problem in this map, good mapping and timing skills here o3o/

Have a star and good luck :roll: <3

Ringating wrote:

ppl getting pissy about file size fine have another

uƨobuʞ on
kakifly
time 2 mod // i remember this song in elementary school

thx apocalyptia for not using metronomes

Easy

1. 00:27:278 (1,2,3) - idk maybe try 1/1 slider here with slider tick rate 2... for me (unless my headphones r dying becuz they kinda are) the sound of 00:27:782 (2) - is a little lower than 1 & 3.. getting 300 on circles that change bpm is hard.....
  2. i feel like 00:36:180 - and or 00:36:423 - should be mapped??
  3. 01:16:929 (2,3) - maybe just have a slider here.. nothing much to be emphasized in music with circles
    nice diff
Normal

1. 00:13:161 (4,5,6) - ctrl+ j these? will look more symmetrical with 1,2,3
  2. 00:33:666 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - fix NC's here to be consistent.. unless theres a reason u did this.. so many timing points i dont even kno if this is necessary
  3. 00:45:820 (3,4) - just one example ; not sure if these are needed; doesnt really follow much in music but keeps a nice beat tho..
  4. 01:03:461 - add note
  5. 01:08:653 - ^
  6. 01:47:461 (4) - add clap
    again nice diff.. DTHDHR testplayed but got bad acc since bpm / offset change rip http://puu.sh/chlBk/5ac9628e3e.jpg
Hard

1. 01:47:461 (1) - maybe add hitsound on tail
  2. wtf perfect map;; though just some distance stuff; testplayed but found some jumps awkward becuz of inconsistent spacing
Insane

1. 00:17:143 (3,4,5,6) - imo i dont like this circle formation illuminati try a simple curve like..
  2. 00:29:283 (4,5,6) - i would like this better if it was pointing downwards rather than to the left
  3. 01:23:426 (5) - 1/4 doesnt work; should be 1/2 becuz sound comes on 1/2
  4. 01:24:667 (5) - 01:25:893 (5) - 01:27:135 (5) - ^
  5. 01:47:461 (1) - same as hard
  6. 02:17:422 (1,2,3,4) - why dont you do what you did with hard.. or stream here?
sorry couldnt find much have my star good luck~
Topic Starter
pishifat
kakifly re

kakifly wrote:

time 2 mod // i remember this song in elementary school

thx apocalyptia for not using metronomes nice people

Easy

1. 00:27:278 (1,2,3) - idk maybe try 1/1 slider here with slider tick rate 2... for me (unless my headphones r dying becuz they kinda are) the sound of 00:27:782 (2) - is a little lower than 1 & 3.. getting 300 on circles that change bpm is hard..... i see what you mean and agree. decided to just cheat the timing there instead and use 1/2 reverse slider stuff. nobody should care about like 2 milliseconds
  2. i feel like 00:36:180 - and or 00:36:423 - should be mapped?? i'll see what others think about this. i know it's kind of awkward, but i mean the song is awkward because it's just weird. so thinking about it
  3. 01:16:929 (2,3) - maybe just have a slider here.. nothing much to be emphasized in music with circles hmm now that i think about it that would make 01:21:864 (2,3) - stand out more so yes
    nice diff
Normal

1. 00:13:161 (4,5,6) - ctrl+ j these? will look more symmetrical with 1,2,3 i'd want to have 4,5,6 going the opposite direction of 1,2,3 so ctrl g is opposite of intention :/
  2. 00:33:666 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - fix NC's here to be consistent.. unless theres a reason u did this.. so many timing points i dont even kno if this is necessary each NC is on the high pitch cello sound, which i did in every diff except hte easy (since doing it on easy would just mean a new combo on each object). it's kind of there to indicate that bpm is super crazy cuz within these parts it moves steadily from like 70bpm to 130bpm and confusing
  3. 00:45:820 (3,4) - just one example ; not sure if these are needed; doesnt really follow much in music but keeps a nice beat tho.. it's following the super strong sound on the red tick before each downbeat ;-;
  4. 01:03:461 - add note
  5. 01:08:653 - ^ i ignored the same beats up until this point so dont see why they should be added now o.o
  6. 01:47:461 (4) - add clap only times i've used claps are when tehre's that bass drum noise, like 01:08:180 (1) - otherwise pattern is with finishes
    again nice diff.. DTHDHR testplayed but got bad acc since bpm / offset change rip http://puu.sh/chlBk/5ac9628e3e.jpg S is all that matters
Hard

1. 01:47:461 (1) - maybe add hitsound on tail the head is way more emphasized than the tail so adding a hitsound to unemphasized thing weird
  2. wtf perfect map;; though just some distance stuff; testplayed but found some jumps awkward becuz of inconsistent spacing inconsistent spacing is my specialty
Insane

1. 00:17:143 (3,4,5,6) - imo i dont like this circle formation illuminati try a simple curve like.. they're representative of the note pitches tho :c when it goes up, i have the object higher, when it goes down, object lower blahblah. a simple curve would mean not represneting
  2. 00:29:283 (4,5,6) - i would like this better if it was pointing downwards rather than to the left did a stuff
  3. 01:23:426 (5) - 1/4 doesnt work; should be 1/2 becuz sound comes on 1/2 pretty sure this is repetitive 1/4 throughout the entire section. at least that's how i timed it so
  4. 01:24:667 (5) - 01:25:893 (5) - 01:27:135 (5) - ^
  5. 01:47:461 (1) - same as hard
  6. 02:17:422 (1,2,3,4) - why dont you do what you did with hard.. or stream here? uh oh wow im bad. shouldn't be any 1/4 here yet hard is entirely 1/4 so i changed hard stuff to rhythms from insane.
sorry couldnt find much have my star good luck~ stars mmm
guineaQ
hai hai from pm request

[General]
Dem timing points
Turn off widescreen support since you don't have a storyboard.

[Easy]

00:13:161 (2) - Try to make the slider reverse toward the next slider. I think it will help newbies to expect where the next slider will come and FL players
00:36:180 - to 00:36:423 - sounds very awkward
02:18:476 (1) - I would prefer 2 circles for more emphasis.

Other than that, really flawless easy.

[Normal]

01:23:107 (1,2,3) - for simple symmetry and stuff

There isn't much I can point out ;w;

[Hard]

02:13:202 (1,2) - I'm not 100% sure about this jump to 2 circles. I think it would be more tolerable if it was a jump to a slider :3

Other than that....nothing wrong owo

[Insane]

Why not just go to BATs

Consistency at its best.
imho there isn't a better alternative to the rhythms to the ones you used in this insane.
I was able to play them just fine so I can't see anything wrong playability wise pfft

[Extra]
pfft I suck too much to pass this

I don't mod difficulties I can't pass sorry ;w; (I tried couple of times)

Gonna shoot a star cus it deserves it.

EDIT: images are broken damn it fixed it
Topic Starter
pishifat
guinea re

guineaQ wrote:

hai hai from pm request

one hour later: mod complete

[General]
Dem timing points
Turn off widescreen support since you don't have a storyboard. o yes

[Easy]

00:13:161 (2) - Try to make the slider reverse toward the next slider. I think it will help newbies to expect where the next slider will come and FL players hmm yes
00:36:180 - to 00:36:423 - sounds very awkward last mod pointed that out too. only option is a 1/2 gap between 3 and 1. don't know if that's bad but no other options
02:18:476 (1) - I would prefer 2 circles for more emphasis. at 250bpm i think it may be too hard to tap for an easy. this is why i've avoided placing multiple circles 1 beat apart during the kiai

Other than that, really flawless easy. 2kind

[Normal]

01:23:107 (1,2,3) - for simple symmetry and stuff intention was to have direction of reverse slider stuffs changing on each barline. so 3 was barline therefore it faces other direction. it may not have been clear with the first combo, but the second combo at 01:25:581 (1,2,3,4) - shows this a lot more cleanly

There isn't much I can point out ;w;

[Hard]

02:13:202 (1,2) - I'm not 100% sure about this jump to 2 circles. I think it would be more tolerable if it was a jump to a slider :3 yea you right

Other than that....nothing wrong owo

[Insane]

Why not just go to BATs waiting for the magic 12

Consistency at its best.
imho there isn't a better alternative to the rhythms to the ones you used in this insane. woo
I was able to play them just fine so I can't see anything wrong playability wise pfft

[Extra]
pfft I suck too much to pass this

I don't mod difficulties I can't pass sorry ;w; (I tried couple of times)

Gonna shoot a star cus it deserves it. let me kiss you

EDIT: images are broken damn it fixed it
SkinnyJommy
yoo Jimmy here with the mod!!

[Extra]

00:18:646 (6) - Maybe you could make this have a little more space from 5 because of the higher pitch in the string, try moving this to 484, 260

00:50:113 (3) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2168095 I think having 3 like this flows a little better

00:53:588 (6,7) - move 6 to 420, 256, and 7 to 216, 80 i think this plays better, it should look like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2168101

hmm this was pretty hard to mod because each note is connected somehow to another note, but thats a good thing! nice map

[Insane]

00:18:646 (6) - Same thing as in the Extra, you could move this farther away, but im not sure if thats good or not

00:36:667 (1) - Maybe change this slider into 2 circles?

01:41:364 (2,3,4,5) - Keep the same distance snap?

02:04:483 (4) - You could move this to 124, 64

02:13:586 (3,4) - I think moving 3 to 136,272 and 4 to 192,356 is better, to keep the distance snap equal

Well that's it for my mod, I haven't modded a long time so i might have missed something, but really cool song, and maps! osu needs more variety!

GL
Topic Starter
pishifat
re

skinnyjimmy wrote:

yoo Jimmy here with the mod!! aye

[Extra]

00:18:646 (6) - Maybe you could make this have a little more space from 5 because of the higher pitch in the string, try moving this to 484, 260 that big of a jump seems like overkill imo, but i did do that kind of flow break thing by moving 6 in that direction

00:50:113 (3) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2168095 I think having 3 like this flows a little better tried it out and tbh i prefer what i've got right now :/

00:53:588 (6,7) - move 6 to 420, 256, and 7 to 216, 80 i think this plays better, it should look like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2168101 did something pretty close to that, just more horizontally condensed

hmm this was pretty hard to mod because each note is connected somehow to another note, but thats a good thing! nice map

[Insane]

00:18:646 (6) - Same thing as in the Extra, you could move this farther away, but im not sure if thats good or not did what i did on extra

00:36:667 (1) - Maybe change this slider into 2 circles? would be inconsistent with like everywhere tho so :c

01:41:364 (2,3,4,5) - Keep the same distance snap? would be inconsistent again, but i noticed a different inconsistency with the DS on 3,4 so fixed that lol

02:04:483 (4) - You could move this to 124, 64 not going for circular flow there tho :/

02:13:586 (3,4) - I think moving 3 to 136,272 and 4 to 192,356 is better, to keep the distance snap equal intention there was to not have ds equal. the jump there is placed the same as the extra diff to emphasize that one high pitched note's only appearance in the song

Well that's it for my mod, I haven't modded a long time so i might have missed something, but really cool song, and maps! osu needs more variety! thanks again <4

GL
AutoMedic
mod

[General]
I must commend you because you kept the "Apocalyptic" theme of the map while still retaining the ranking criteria. I'd suggest you fix your spacing first. Then you're good

[Normal]
00:08:157 (2) - Spacing
00:13:161 (4) - nc
01:01:924 (5) - ^
01:22:485 (5) - instead of nc'ing 01:23:107 (1), just nc that instead
01:24:972 (4,5) - would be better if a stack

[Hard]
Go change to AR8
00:31:300 (1) - this is on a weird spot please move it
00:52:389 (4,1,2,3) - obnoxious pattern. please fix it
01:02:585 (5) - please turn this into a stream
01:05:581 (1,2) - turn this into a stack
01:52:600 (1,2,3,4) - please rearrange this
02:12:966 (4) - remove and change this. awful sound

[Insane]
01:38:982 (3,4,5,1,2) - Did you intentionally create this just to make the pattern harder. I'd say you change it because it's obnoxious

overall, the map is great
Topic Starter
pishifat
sonatora

Sonatora wrote:

mod

[General]
I must commend you because you kept the "Apocalyptic" theme of the map while still retaining the ranking criteria. I'd suggest you fix your spacing first. Then you're good i commend you for using ringating's signature improvement

[Normal]
00:08:157 (2) - Spacing hmmyea they should be further apart. dunno what happened
00:13:161 (4) - nc sticking to teh one measure comboing pattern since i do that in all diffs for the intro :/
01:01:924 (5) - ^
01:22:485 (5) - instead of nc'ing 01:23:107 (1), just nc that instead wat why
01:24:972 (4,5) - would be better if a stack would be harder to read like that. having a stack under a 1/2 slider's end is a nop

[Hard]
Go change to AR8 but pourquoi
00:31:300 (1) - this is on a weird spot please move it um it's an ordinary stack not seeing the problem
00:52:389 (4,1,2,3) - obnoxious pattern. please fix it best explaination right here
01:02:585 (5) - please turn this into a stream 1/6 stream on a hard u funny
01:05:581 (1,2) - turn this into a stack stack yourself
01:52:600 (1,2,3,4) - please rearrange this i did like something between 1,2 i hope it satisfies your desires master
02:12:966 (4) - remove and change this. awful sound jsut like the awful song good ya ok

[Insane]
01:38:982 (3,4,5,1,2) - Did you intentionally create this just to make the pattern harder. I'd say you change it because it's obnoxious um. not seeing why. it's easy af. if anything 01:41:521 (3,4,5,1,2,3) - would be obnoxious and i like obnoxious

overall, the map is great you're great
Mazzerin
modchat
2014-10-25 22:53 pishifat: nice map you're modding
2014-10-25 22:53 Mazzerin: hi
2014-10-25 22:55 Mazzerin: i dont even know what could be wrong here
2014-10-25 22:56 pishifat: hopefully nothing lol
2014-10-25 22:56 Mazzerin: only very slight changes
2014-10-25 22:56 pishifat: like what?
2014-10-25 22:56 pishifat: mod me
2014-10-25 22:56 Mazzerin: its not enough
2014-10-25 22:56 Mazzerin: and its very
2014-10-25 22:56 Mazzerin: subjective
2014-10-25 22:56 Mazzerin: or atleast i think so
2014-10-25 22:57 pishifat: hmm alright
2014-10-25 22:57 pishifat: that's what most mods are anyway so it isn't like that's bad :P
2014-10-25 22:57 Mazzerin: i would move this further for example
2014-10-25 22:57 Mazzerin: 01:28:049 (1) -
2014-10-25 22:57 Mazzerin: from where it started
2014-10-25 22:57 Mazzerin: i mean from the thing before it
2014-10-25 22:57 Mazzerin: and also probably change the hitsound on its beginning to normal
2014-10-25 22:57 pishifat: screenshot what you're talking about
2014-10-25 22:57 pishifat: words hard
2014-10-25 22:58 Mazzerin: ok
2014-10-25 22:58 pishifat: you mean a normal finish?
2014-10-25 22:58 Mazzerin: yeah and the sampleset
2014-10-25 22:58 Mazzerin: i cant even hear it even if its normal
2014-10-25 22:59 Mazzerin: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2170943
2014-10-25 22:59 Mazzerin: sorry no numbers
2014-10-25 22:59 pishifat: that's a pretty far distance for a 1/4 jump lol
2014-10-25 22:59 Mazzerin: eh its not that 1/4 ish
2014-10-25 23:00 Mazzerin: those reverse sliders are much easier to do "1/4 jumps" on
2014-10-25 23:00 Mazzerin: im too lazy to think of examples
2014-10-25 23:00 Mazzerin: ok mythologias end
2014-10-25 23:00 Mazzerin: it has jumps from the down of the screen to the top of 1/4 sliders
2014-10-25 23:00 Mazzerin: the same reverse ones
2014-10-25 23:00 Mazzerin: i dont know they just work normal
2014-10-25 23:02 pishifat: the ones i'm seeing are all 1/2 jumps like that
2014-10-25 23:02 Mazzerin: the one i was thinking about is this
2014-10-25 23:02 Mazzerin: 02:57:054 (1,2) -
2014-10-25 23:02 pishifat: oh
2014-10-25 23:02 pishifat: well that does do that
2014-10-25 23:03 pishifat: that jump in your screenshot still seems further than that tho lol
2014-10-25 23:03 Mazzerin: yes yes
2014-10-25 23:03 Mazzerin: and the other thing is these near the end
2014-10-25 23:03 Mazzerin: 01:52:018 (3,4) -
2014-10-25 23:03 Mazzerin: i would want them with 1/4 notes
2014-10-25 23:04 Mazzerin: maybe just circles with a very tight stream
2014-10-25 23:05 pishifat: one sec
2014-10-25 23:05 pishifat: moving that first thing
2014-10-25 23:05 pishifat: this one 01:28:049 (1) -
2014-10-25 23:07 pishifat: alright that one is futher away a bit now
2014-10-25 23:07 pishifat: and i'll change that finish hitsound to just a custom finish
2014-10-25 23:07 pishifat: cuz the default soft is really bad -.-
2014-10-25 23:07 Mazzerin: yes
2014-10-25 23:07 Mazzerin: also these at the end
2014-10-25 23:07 Mazzerin: starting with this
2014-10-25 23:07 Mazzerin: 02:14:272 (1) -
2014-10-25 23:07 Mazzerin: some strong hitsound would be much better on them
2014-10-25 23:08 pishifat: they'll have a better finish
2014-10-25 23:08 pishifat: so i dunno if that works
2014-10-25 23:08 Mazzerin: because that drum tick tick thing doesnt seem good atm:D
2014-10-25 23:09 pishifat: for this 01:52:309 (4) -
2014-10-25 23:09 pishifat: i think i know why you think it's weird
2014-10-25 23:09 pishifat: cuz i usually have streams going into the strong downbeats of stuff
2014-10-25 23:09 pishifat: but here i don't
2014-10-25 23:09 pishifat: so i will do that
2014-10-25 23:09 Mazzerin: i meant both of them
2014-10-25 23:09 Mazzerin: 01:52:018 (3,4) -
2014-10-25 23:09 Mazzerin: it has a united sound or something
2014-10-25 23:09 Mazzerin: that would feel good to be mashed
2014-10-25 23:09 Mazzerin: :D
2014-10-25 23:10 pishifat: let me test it out
2014-10-25 23:10 Mazzerin: but its seperated
2014-10-25 23:11 pishifat: like https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2170975
2014-10-25 23:11 pishifat: separated like that you mean
2014-10-25 23:11 Mazzerin: actually i meant its "united" but its seperated now because of the slider+reverse slider
2014-10-25 23:12 Mazzerin: but if you seperate it like this it will also focus on the drums
2014-10-25 23:12 Mazzerin: so that actually might be good too
2014-10-25 23:12 Mazzerin: or not the drums
2014-10-25 23:12 Mazzerin: i mean the beat with that clap thingie
2014-10-25 23:12 pishifat: testing stuff will see if it's good
2014-10-25 23:13 Mazzerin: why is your bg different
2014-10-25 23:13 Mazzerin: and why is everything so long
2014-10-25 23:13 Mazzerin: i mean wide
2014-10-25 23:13 Mazzerin: double monitor?
2014-10-25 23:13 pishifat: that's a different map i was just looking at
2014-10-25 23:13 pishifat: and i was just screwing with different resolutions
2014-10-25 23:13 pishifat: thought this one was cool lol
2014-10-25 23:14 Mazzerin: how does it even work
2014-10-25 23:14 Mazzerin: wtf
2014-10-25 23:14 pishifat: gameplay is pretty much unchanged since height is still 768 pixels, which i'm used to
2014-10-25 23:17 Mazzerin: and why does this section have those weird longer sliders
2014-10-25 23:17 Mazzerin: 01:13:231 (1) -
2014-10-25 23:17 Mazzerin: 1/2 reverse ones would be fine
2014-10-25 23:17 Mazzerin: but those long ones are so weird to me since this section is full of 1/2 guitar
2014-10-25 23:18 pishifat: don't want it to be very intense rhythm wise there since the song is rather soft
2014-10-25 23:19 pishifat: a lot of maps do that and since i've got it consistent with every measure it shouldn't be bad :P
2014-10-25 23:19 pishifat: i really like that stuff
2014-10-25 23:19 Mazzerin: then get slider tick 2 maybe
2014-10-25 23:20 Mazzerin: it would be weird in the beginning though
2014-10-25 23:21 Mazzerin: oh wait the low bpm makes the sliders not get the ticks thats awesome
2014-10-25 23:21 pishifat: yup
2014-10-25 23:21 pishifat: but ones like 00:43:087 (3) -
2014-10-25 23:21 pishifat: don't want a tick there since there's no sound
2014-10-25 23:21 pishifat: and they would get ticks
2014-10-25 23:22 pishifat: also i think i worked a good way for that other thing
2014-10-25 23:22 pishifat: with the stream
2014-10-25 23:22 pishifat: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2171016
2014-10-25 23:22 pishifat: just gotta do it in the other place it happens now
2014-10-25 23:23 Mazzerin: yeah thats fine
2014-10-25 23:26 pishifat: plays really nicely :P
2014-10-25 23:26 Mazzerin: yes because now its more "together"
2014-10-25 23:27 Mazzerin: i suck at these terms
2014-10-25 23:33 Mazzerin: hahaha this is so funny
2014-10-25 23:34 Mazzerin: that this only has 27 favs
2014-10-25 23:34 Mazzerin: ACTION is listening to [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/473992 Apocalyptica - Last Hope]
2014-10-25 23:36 pishifat: at least the rating isn't bad :P
2014-10-25 23:36 pishifat: the only 1 star vote was like when it was first ranked
2014-10-25 23:37 pishifat: like every map has one of those so it's not like it means anything
2014-10-25 23:37 pishifat: also i'm still working on those stream things
2014-10-25 23:37 Mazzerin: i dont think ive even voted on any map
2014-10-25 23:37 pishifat: but if you want to post the logs and get kudous go for it
decided to change some slider>reverse slider patterns towards the end into stack>reverse slider patterns, add stronger hitsounds on certain parts, especially the end and some spacing changes where a note is much stronger/indicates a "jump" in music
Topic Starter
pishifat

Mazzerin wrote:

modchat
2014-10-25 22:53 pishifat: nice map you're modding
2014-10-25 22:53 Mazzerin: hi
2014-10-25 22:55 Mazzerin: i dont even know what could be wrong here
2014-10-25 22:56 pishifat: hopefully nothing lol
2014-10-25 22:56 Mazzerin: only very slight changes
2014-10-25 22:56 pishifat: like what?
2014-10-25 22:56 pishifat: mod me
2014-10-25 22:56 Mazzerin: its not enough
2014-10-25 22:56 Mazzerin: and its very
2014-10-25 22:56 Mazzerin: subjective
2014-10-25 22:56 Mazzerin: or atleast i think so
2014-10-25 22:57 pishifat: hmm alright
2014-10-25 22:57 pishifat: that's what most mods are anyway so it isn't like that's bad :P
2014-10-25 22:57 Mazzerin: i would move this further for example
2014-10-25 22:57 Mazzerin: 01:28:049 (1) -
2014-10-25 22:57 Mazzerin: from where it started
2014-10-25 22:57 Mazzerin: i mean from the thing before it
2014-10-25 22:57 Mazzerin: and also probably change the hitsound on its beginning to normal
2014-10-25 22:57 pishifat: screenshot what you're talking about
2014-10-25 22:57 pishifat: words hard
2014-10-25 22:58 Mazzerin: ok
2014-10-25 22:58 pishifat: you mean a normal finish?
2014-10-25 22:58 Mazzerin: yeah and the sampleset
2014-10-25 22:58 Mazzerin: i cant even hear it even if its normal
2014-10-25 22:59 Mazzerin: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2170943
2014-10-25 22:59 Mazzerin: sorry no numbers
2014-10-25 22:59 pishifat: that's a pretty far distance for a 1/4 jump lol
2014-10-25 22:59 Mazzerin: eh its not that 1/4 ish
2014-10-25 23:00 Mazzerin: those reverse sliders are much easier to do "1/4 jumps" on
2014-10-25 23:00 Mazzerin: im too lazy to think of examples
2014-10-25 23:00 Mazzerin: ok mythologias end
2014-10-25 23:00 Mazzerin: it has jumps from the down of the screen to the top of 1/4 sliders
2014-10-25 23:00 Mazzerin: the same reverse ones
2014-10-25 23:00 Mazzerin: i dont know they just work normal
2014-10-25 23:02 pishifat: the ones i'm seeing are all 1/2 jumps like that
2014-10-25 23:02 Mazzerin: the one i was thinking about is this
2014-10-25 23:02 Mazzerin: 02:57:054 (1,2) -
2014-10-25 23:02 pishifat: oh
2014-10-25 23:02 pishifat: well that does do that
2014-10-25 23:03 pishifat: that jump in your screenshot still seems further than that tho lol
2014-10-25 23:03 Mazzerin: yes yes
2014-10-25 23:03 Mazzerin: and the other thing is these near the end
2014-10-25 23:03 Mazzerin: 01:52:018 (3,4) -
2014-10-25 23:03 Mazzerin: i would want them with 1/4 notes
2014-10-25 23:04 Mazzerin: maybe just circles with a very tight stream
2014-10-25 23:05 pishifat: one sec
2014-10-25 23:05 pishifat: moving that first thing
2014-10-25 23:05 pishifat: this one 01:28:049 (1) -
2014-10-25 23:07 pishifat: alright that one is futher away a bit now
2014-10-25 23:07 pishifat: and i'll change that finish hitsound to just a custom finish
2014-10-25 23:07 pishifat: cuz the default soft is really bad -.-
2014-10-25 23:07 Mazzerin: yes
2014-10-25 23:07 Mazzerin: also these at the end
2014-10-25 23:07 Mazzerin: starting with this
2014-10-25 23:07 Mazzerin: 02:14:272 (1) -
2014-10-25 23:07 Mazzerin: some strong hitsound would be much better on them
2014-10-25 23:08 pishifat: they'll have a better finish
2014-10-25 23:08 pishifat: so i dunno if that works
2014-10-25 23:08 Mazzerin: because that drum tick tick thing doesnt seem good atm:D
2014-10-25 23:09 pishifat: for this 01:52:309 (4) -
2014-10-25 23:09 pishifat: i think i know why you think it's weird
2014-10-25 23:09 pishifat: cuz i usually have streams going into the strong downbeats of stuff
2014-10-25 23:09 pishifat: but here i don't
2014-10-25 23:09 pishifat: so i will do that
2014-10-25 23:09 Mazzerin: i meant both of them
2014-10-25 23:09 Mazzerin: 01:52:018 (3,4) -
2014-10-25 23:09 Mazzerin: it has a united sound or something
2014-10-25 23:09 Mazzerin: that would feel good to be mashed
2014-10-25 23:09 Mazzerin: :D
2014-10-25 23:10 pishifat: let me test it out
2014-10-25 23:10 Mazzerin: but its seperated
2014-10-25 23:11 pishifat: like https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2170975
2014-10-25 23:11 pishifat: separated like that you mean
2014-10-25 23:11 Mazzerin: actually i meant its "united" but its seperated now because of the slider+reverse slider
2014-10-25 23:12 Mazzerin: but if you seperate it like this it will also focus on the drums
2014-10-25 23:12 Mazzerin: so that actually might be good too
2014-10-25 23:12 Mazzerin: or not the drums
2014-10-25 23:12 Mazzerin: i mean the beat with that clap thingie
2014-10-25 23:12 pishifat: testing stuff will see if it's good
2014-10-25 23:13 Mazzerin: why is your bg different
2014-10-25 23:13 Mazzerin: and why is everything so long
2014-10-25 23:13 Mazzerin: i mean wide
2014-10-25 23:13 Mazzerin: double monitor?
2014-10-25 23:13 pishifat: that's a different map i was just looking at
2014-10-25 23:13 pishifat: and i was just screwing with different resolutions
2014-10-25 23:13 pishifat: thought this one was cool lol
2014-10-25 23:14 Mazzerin: how does it even work
2014-10-25 23:14 Mazzerin: wtf
2014-10-25 23:14 pishifat: gameplay is pretty much unchanged since height is still 768 pixels, which i'm used to
2014-10-25 23:17 Mazzerin: and why does this section have those weird longer sliders
2014-10-25 23:17 Mazzerin: 01:13:231 (1) -
2014-10-25 23:17 Mazzerin: 1/2 reverse ones would be fine
2014-10-25 23:17 Mazzerin: but those long ones are so weird to me since this section is full of 1/2 guitar
2014-10-25 23:18 pishifat: don't want it to be very intense rhythm wise there since the song is rather soft
2014-10-25 23:19 pishifat: a lot of maps do that and since i've got it consistent with every measure it shouldn't be bad :P
2014-10-25 23:19 pishifat: i really like that stuff
2014-10-25 23:19 Mazzerin: then get slider tick 2 maybe
2014-10-25 23:20 Mazzerin: it would be weird in the beginning though
2014-10-25 23:21 Mazzerin: oh wait the low bpm makes the sliders not get the ticks thats awesome
2014-10-25 23:21 pishifat: yup
2014-10-25 23:21 pishifat: but ones like 00:43:087 (3) -
2014-10-25 23:21 pishifat: don't want a tick there since there's no sound
2014-10-25 23:21 pishifat: and they would get ticks
2014-10-25 23:22 pishifat: also i think i worked a good way for that other thing
2014-10-25 23:22 pishifat: with the stream
2014-10-25 23:22 pishifat: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2171016
2014-10-25 23:22 pishifat: just gotta do it in the other place it happens now
2014-10-25 23:23 Mazzerin: yeah thats fine
2014-10-25 23:26 pishifat: plays really nicely :P
2014-10-25 23:26 Mazzerin: yes because now its more "together"
2014-10-25 23:27 Mazzerin: i suck at these terms
2014-10-25 23:33 Mazzerin: hahaha this is so funny
2014-10-25 23:34 Mazzerin: that this only has 27 favs
2014-10-25 23:34 Mazzerin: ACTION is listening to [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/473992 Apocalyptica - Last Hope]
2014-10-25 23:36 pishifat: at least the rating isn't bad :P
2014-10-25 23:36 pishifat: the only 1 star vote was like when it was first ranked
2014-10-25 23:37 pishifat: like every map has one of those so it's not like it means anything
2014-10-25 23:37 pishifat: also i'm still working on those stream things
2014-10-25 23:37 Mazzerin: i dont think ive even voted on any map
2014-10-25 23:37 pishifat: but if you want to post the logs and get kudous go for it
decided to change some slider>reverse slider patterns towards the end into stack>reverse slider patterns, add stronger hitsounds on certain parts, especially the end and some spacing changes where a note is much stronger/indicates a "jump" in music
extra now has more circles yay
Pho
Pho incoming~

Trifle: Just small things you might want to consider. Blanket's are trifle for me as well.
Preference: Just my humble opinion on stuff.
Written in bold: Fix this up as soon as possible.

[General]
  1. Those timing sections lol. I am no timing expert by any means, so sorry I can't give reasonable feedback concerning this. :(
[Easy]
  1. 00:23:072 - 00:23:072 - (These also go for hard) 01:02:506 - 01:56:852 - 02:05:678 - 02:09:843 - Not needed timing sections here, delete. Same in Normal
  2. 00:44:015 (1) - Add a red anchor at the slidertick here? I feel it fits in good to point out the violin note.
  3. 02:14:272 (1,2) - Put the second slider a bit more to the left, since I feel dropoff flow is more pleasing to play than a flowbreak:
  4. 02:16:368 (1) - This one's offscreen at 1680x1050 resolution already, please fix this up fast.
  5. 02:18:718 - Well, this is more preference, but I'm sure you are fine with a usual finish HS already, it looks like spam here. The same goes for every diff.
  6. No serious concerns here, really. Everything looks neat.
[Normal]
  1. 00:23:072 - 00:23:072 - Not needed timing sections here, delete
  2. 01:04:910 (4,1) - Trifle: Make these parallel
  3. Fine!
[Hard]
  1. 00:44:015 (1,2,3) - Please keep DS consistent here.
  2. 00:45:582 (4,1,2,3,4,1) - DS is a little bit messy here, you should stick with the 1.00xDS between the pairs here just like at
  3. 01:02:585 (5) - Should this one end on 01:02:856 - first? The flute sound clearly goes to this.
  4. 01:40:896 (1,2,3) - Inconsistent DS between these notes here, you should keep the 1.1-1.0-1.0xDS rule between the pairs just like you did at 01:38:330 (1,2,3) -
  5. 02:16:895 (3) - and 02:17:949 (3) - , Ctrl+g'ing those would make for a more interesting flow and would fit better to the 'desastrous' end of the music.
[Insane]
  1. 00:23:072 (4) - Just a note: This feels so strange to play, these eerie sounds in the background are not really noticeable (i didn't hear them out on my first playthrough, hmm).
  2. 00:35:924 (1,2) - Stuff I don't really understand: these notes belong to the same part of the music, i'd predict the note to be some below the slider 1, and not right behind it from where the cursor moved, making this jump feel pretty forced to me.
    I know this is a messy song, and it might go against your style, but please consider it. Having a little more sense of order won't hurt. My suggestion: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2181354 (with 2.0xDS)
  3. 00:42:618 (2) - Ctrl+g this? Makes for a more reasonable flow for me.
  4. 02:16:368 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I'd recommend something similar to the Hard map here.
  5. The insanes are so chaotic to play... I like it :3
[Extra]
  1. And suddenly, the green lines in the mid parts are gone...what even. >< I suppose you're reworking them.
  2. Idk about this diff... It's actually really fun to play, but the spacing makes me worry quite a lot, especially at your last kiai time. I may watch over it in the future, but I need a fresh mind to look at this diff again.
    My horrible 1st try btw: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2181444
Overall, mapset is good and fun to play and pretty unique in comparison to the other stuff coming out lately.
Funny how it gets more and more dispersed the further you go through the diffs. :)

Good luck for the ranks! /o/
Topic Starter
pishifat
pho

Pho wrote:

Pho incoming~

Trifle: Just small things you might want to consider. Blanket's are trifle for me as well.
Preference: Just my humble opinion on stuff.
Written in bold: Fix this up as soon as possible.

[General]
  1. Those timing sections lol. I am no timing expert by any means, so sorry I can't give reasonable feedback concerning this. :(
[Easy]
  1. 00:23:072 - 00:23:072 - (These also go for hard) 01:02:506 - 01:56:852 - 02:05:678 - 02:09:843 - Not needed timing sections here, delete. Same in Normal did so excluding the one at 2:05, since that's there for kiai stuffs
  2. 00:44:015 (1) - Add a red anchor at the slidertick here? I feel it fits in good to point out the violin note. i swear 00:36:667 (1) - had no red anchor before so i wanted to keep it consistent but it does so ummmmmmmmmm
  3. 02:14:272 (1,2) - Put the second slider a bit more to the left, since I feel dropoff flow is more pleasing to play than a flowbreak: kidn of had to rearrange things for the following point so yes?
  4. 02:16:368 (1) - This one's offscreen at 1680x1050 resolution already, please fix this up fast. shows how much i tested this -.-
  5. 02:18:718 - Well, this is more preference, but I'm sure you are fine with a usual finish HS already, it looks like spam here. The same goes for every diff. the song is spammy so i spammy kay
  6. No serious concerns here, really. Everything looks neat.
[Normal]
  1. 00:23:072 - 00:23:072 - Not needed timing sections here, delete
  2. 01:04:910 (4,1) - Trifle: Make these parallel supposed to be followign the not parallel things happening with 01:03:625 (2,3,4) - actually
  3. Fine!
[Hard]
  1. 00:44:015 (1,2,3) - Please keep DS consistent here. with teh way 1's slider end won't be strictly followed, having this semi ds break thing shouldn't be a problem. it plays more naturally than what the numbers may indicate :p
  2. 00:45:582 (4,1,2,3,4,1) - DS is a little bit messy here, you should stick with the 1.00xDS between the pairs here just like at this time i just screwd up uhh
  3. 01:02:585 (5) - Should this one end on 01:02:856 - first? The flute sound clearly goes to this. aint no flute
  4. 01:40:896 (1,2,3) - Inconsistent DS between these notes here, you should keep the 1.1-1.0-1.0xDS rule between the pairs just like you did at 01:38:330 (1,2,3) - same deal as that other one
  5. 02:16:895 (3) - and 02:17:949 (3) - , Ctrl+g'ing those would make for a more interesting flow and would fit better to the 'desastrous' end of the music. tried it out and i really prefer the way it is already. i don't really have any more reasoning than that im a bad person. insane too
[Insane]
  1. 00:23:072 (4) - Just a note: This feels so strange to play, these eerie sounds in the background are not really noticeable (i didn't hear them out on my first playthrough, hmm). changed it up to be similar to extra. it shouldn't really play differently, but it looks better at least
  2. 00:35:924 (1,2) - Stuff I don't really understand: these notes belong to the same part of the music, i'd predict the note to be some below the slider 1, and not right behind it from where the cursor moved, making this jump feel pretty forced to me.
    I know this is a messy song, and it might go against your style, but please consider it. Having a little more sense of order won't hurt. My suggestion: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2181354 (with 2.0xDS)would get rid of the drop motion i've got going for 00:36:667 (1) - , which i do in every difficulty :/ i'd rather have it flow like garbage here becuase the song is moving from calm to garbage
  3. 00:42:618 (2) - Ctrl+g this? Makes for a more reasonable flow for me. hmmmmmokay
  4. 02:16:368 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I'd recommend something similar to the Hard map here.
  5. The insanes are so chaotic to play... I like it :3
[Extra]
  1. And suddenly, the green lines in the mid parts are gone...what even. >< I suppose you're reworking them. nah, i just don't need scaling slider velocity to match the bpm changes in an extra difficulty :p
  2. Idk about this diff... It's actually really fun to play, but the spacing makes me worry quite a lot, especially at your last kiai time. I may watch over it in the future, but I need a fresh mind to look at this diff again. i can handle the kiai becuase of how many sliders there are, but the build up stuff with a bunch of 1/2 jumps i screw up on even tho it's only like 170bpm lol. anyway thanks for the mod :p
    My horrible 1st try btw: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2181444
Overall, mapset is good and fun to play and pretty unique in comparison to the other stuff coming out lately.
Funny how it gets more and more dispersed the further you go through the diffs. :)

Good luck for the ranks! /o/
A Mystery
There is nothing I could say that would improve this map. This map (and song lol) was very nice! The extra and the insane were chaotic in the end just like the song, and I loved that! I'll leave a star, this needs to be ranked haha
Topic Starter
pishifat

A Mystery wrote:

There is nothing I could say that would improve this map. This map (and song lol) was very nice! The extra and the insane were chaotic in the end just like the song, and I loved that! I'll leave a star, this needs to be ranked haha
oh thanks <3
Justify

Mod Queue, it's been super BUSY here, I've been PLAY testING all maps on my mod queue, so i've been in AWe trying to complete my mods.

[Easy]
  1. 00:36:676 (1) - too hard for easy mode - just ask eczabyte
  2. 01:33:215 (1,2) - ^

[Normal]

1. 00:11:135 (1,2,3) - should be the same as 00:09:150 (3) -
  2. 00:45:358 (3,4,5,6) - this is good
  3. 01:21:864 (3,4,5,6) - too much tapping for a normal player
[Hard]

due to the intensity of this map, ar7.8 is far too low for a map like this. Please increase to around/near 8.2-8.4
  1. 00:21:227 (3) - move this to x: 123 y: 152 (under the slider)
  2. 01:25:581 (1) - this seems too far down, move it near to the center of the playfield, keeping in line with 01:25:581 (1,2,1,2) - , i suggest you make this more symmetrical (aka a square, just for the sake of simplicity, and that because I know you love them so much)
  3. 01:37:368 (2) - this looks out of place (?)
  4. 02:06:197 (2) - ctrl+G
  5. 02:16:368 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - woah, you know this is only a hard diff right?

[Insane]

1. 01:03:625 (3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3) - this is really smooth and a nice pattern
  2. 01:57:002 (5,6,1) - a triple doesnt suit going here
  3. 02:01:540 (5,6,1) - ^
[Extra]

• I am not educated enough to do this.
bye
Topic Starter
pishifat
rejustify

Justify wrote:

Mod Queue, it's been super BUSY here, I've been PLAY testING all maps on my mod queue, so i've been in AWe trying to complete my mods. omg im sorry to take time out of ur schedule :c my map is not worthy

[Easy]
  1. 00:36:676 (1) - too hard for easy mode - just ask eczabyte eczabyte said it was ok. more awkward to have a 1.5beat gap than a .5beat gap, so yea. used to have it that way and no work
  2. 01:33:215 (1,2) - ^ dont even get this one cuz i do the same thing like everywhere on the map, yet pointing out only this instance uhmmmmmm
[Normal]
  1. 00:11:135 (1,2,3) - should be the same as 00:09:150 (3) - ya know i actually did this
  2. 00:45:358 (3,4,5,6) - this is good no its not
  3. 01:21:864 (3,4,5,6) - too much tapping for a normal player there are easy diffs with more tapping in a row made by les qats tho :/
[Hard]
due to the intensity of this map, ar7.8 is far too low for a map like this. Please increase to around/near 8.2-8.4 considering hards range from ~ar6-8, 7.8 is already near the highest part of the spectrum :/ want to keep a proper spread between this and normal so increasing more death
  1. 00:21:227 (3) - move this to x: 123 y: 152 (under the slider) but spacing
  2. 01:25:581 (1) - this seems too far down, move it near to the center of the playfield, keeping in line with 01:25:581 (1,2,1,2) - , i suggest you make this more symmetrical (aka a square, just for the sake of simplicity, and that because I know you love them so much) moved it higher no squares pklez
  3. 01:37:368 (2) - this looks out of place (?) pourquoi its a standard overlap
  4. 02:06:197 (2) - ctrl+G not seeing why like at all. it works like any other time id id this
  5. 02:16:368 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - woah, you know this is only a hard diff right? at the most intense part mmm
[Insane]
  1. 01:03:625 (3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3) - this is really smooth and a nice pattern no
  2. 01:57:002 (5,6,1) - a triple doesnt suit going here these are the same as the other triples everywhere wat
  3. 02:01:540 (5,6,1) - ^
[Extra]
  • I am not educated enough to do this. i will educate you
bye
Pereira006
hi

[General]

1. sourçe should add " The Best of Apocalyptica " ? I did read from wikipedia, so should be add in sourçe, for people will search this song
  2. tags, could add "orchestral" and "Classical" ? also if you don't wanna add that in sourçe what i did explain, you can add "the best of" in tags, just for people search this music
[extra]

hitsound:

1. 02:10:129 (1) - in begin, that clap shouldn't remove ? should consisntecy from other diff's
gameplay

1. 00:44:462 (2) - CTRL+G, the flow in 00:44:015 (1) and 00:44:910 (3) would be good example this http://puu.sh/cK1KR/320533c824.jpg imo
  2. 00:49:689 (2) - CTRL+G ^ same explain before, try testplay
  3. 01:20:018 (3) - ^ same
  4. 01:46:624 (5,1,2,3,1) - the color is very similiar, is hard to read, why don't try change color manual ? http://puu.sh/cK3Av/f812ac2147.jpg put NC with color 3 in 01:46:916 (1). if you do that, so that will be "read" should be good example you did in 01:03:953 (5,1,2,3,1,2,3) this part is good read because color. Ho if you do that, don't forget put red manually in 01:48:070 (1)
[Insane]

hitsound:

1. 01:02:273 (4) - missing add finish in begin
gameplay:

1. 00:48:417 (3,4,5,6) - the 3 and 5 is near but 4 is long why don't try same spacing? I mean the 00:48:417 (3) move place to x:364 y:183 (disable grid snap) so that spacing will be same also if you testplay feel the flow and symentric is good IMO example 01:12:288 (1,2,4) this part is same spacing http://puu.sh/cK5hn/267d4cee61.jpg
  2. 01:46:916 (1,1) - same happened in Extra
[hard]

Gameplay:

1. 00:37:584 (3,4) - jump or not, inconsistency spacing? because in 00:41:227 (3,4) - that ryhthm is same but you didn't make jump so i think this part is inconsistency spacing or that part in 00:41:227 (3,4) - make jump for consistency what you did pattern before
  2. 00:38:501 (1,2) - ^ same
  3. 00:39:412 (3,4) - ^ same
  4. 01:46:916 (4) - well you know this is "Hard" could NC there IMO is different from normal and easy just saying
[Normal]

Gameplay:

1. 00:07:198 (1,2,3) - I can see you original DS is 1.50x but this part is 1.60x, inconsistency spacing
  2. 00:20:153 (2,3) - ^ same (fix ds with 1.50x)
  3. 00:42:618 (4,5,1) - ^ same (fix ds with 1.0x)
  4. 00:55:356 (2,3,4,5) - I feel is unfit follow ryhthm, try this http://puu.sh/cK8Uf/6613cd6d87.jpg could follow better guitar and melody IMO like you did in
  5. 01:01:231 (3,4,5,6) that part ryhthm is same, just saying
  6. 01:55:716 (2,3,4) - ^ same (fix ds with 1.0x)
  7. 02:01:681 (1,2) - ^ same (fix ds with 1.0x)
  8. 02:09:052 (4,5) - ^ same (fix ds with 1.0x)
not really problem this diff, I understand u try use ds because timing, but is just for me, is simple suggestion

[Easy]

hitsound:

1. 01:16:929 (2) - missing finish in end slider
[]
Hitsound is very very consistency, is good. there only 3 missing (I did full check hitsound lol)
Gameplay, general, nice flow, I have funny from extra and insane
Hope my english (poor) and mod help you map
Any question ask me so I can explain better and I wish good luck

P.S : get bats D:
Topic Starter
pishifat
re

Pereira006 wrote:

hi

[General]

1. sourçe should add " The Best of Apocalyptica " ? I did read from wikipedia, so should be add in sourçe, for people will search this song
  2. tags, could add "orchestral" and "Classical" ? also if you don't wanna add that in sourçe what i did explain, you can add "the best of" in tags, just for people search this music put that stuff in the tags, including the album. last time i checked album shouldn't go in source, but i may be wrong.
[extra]

hitsound:

1. 02:10:129 (1) - in begin, that clap shouldn't remove ? should consisntecy from other diff's wow i screwed up. it's correct in this diff, but all the other diffs are using default sampleset finishes while it should be soft-addition finish/claps like here lol. so added those in other diffs
gameplay

1. 00:44:462 (2) - CTRL+G, the flow in 00:44:015 (1) and 00:44:910 (3) would be good example this http://puu.sh/cK1KR/320533c824.jpg imo did that + some re-arranging of positions
  2. 00:49:689 (2) - CTRL+G ^ same explain before, try testplay rather keep this one as is to maintain the similar flow to 00:42:150 (1,2) - . the one above this was inconsistent with other times that appeared in the song, so it made more sense to change
  3. 01:20:018 (3) - ^ same this one i just find flows better the way it currently is lul
  4. 01:46:624 (5,1,2,3,1) - the color is very similiar, is hard to read, why don't try change color manual ? http://puu.sh/cK3Av/f812ac2147.jpg put NC with color 3 in 01:46:916 (1). if you do that, so that will be "read" should be good example you did in 01:03:953 (5,1,2,3,1,2,3) this part is good read because color. Ho if you do that, don't forget put red manually in 01:48:070 (1) yea makes sense. did so for insane too
[Insane]

hitsound:

1. 01:02:273 (4) - missing add finish in begin dasdfads k
gameplay:

1. 00:48:417 (3,4,5,6) - the 3 and 5 is near but 4 is long why don't try same spacing? I mean the 00:48:417 (3) move place to x:364 y:183 (disable grid snap) so that spacing will be same also if you testplay feel the flow and symentric is good IMO example 01:12:288 (1,2,4) this part is same spacing http://puu.sh/cK5hn/267d4cee61.jpg got the idea and moved 4 to achieve the same result
  2. 01:46:916 (1,1) - same happened in Extra yeye
[hard]

Gameplay:

1. 00:37:584 (3,4) - jump or not, inconsistency spacing? because in 00:41:227 (3,4) - that ryhthm is same but you didn't make jump so i think this part is inconsistency spacing or that part in 00:41:227 (3,4) - make jump for consistency what you did pattern before i've only placed jumps where that long guitar noise can be heard. in the example you gave, there is no guitar noise despite it being the same rhythm, so no jump there :p
  2. 00:38:501 (1,2) - ^ same
  3. 00:39:412 (3,4) - ^ same
  4. 01:46:916 (4) - well you know this is "Hard" could NC there IMO is different from normal and easy just saying i wasn't trying to make ti the same as normal/easy, it was just a mistake lol
[Normal]

Gameplay:

1. 00:07:198 (1,2,3) - I can see you original DS is 1.50x but this part is 1.60x, inconsistency spacing
  2. 00:20:153 (2,3) - ^ same (fix ds with 1.50x)
  3. 00:42:618 (4,5,1) - ^ same (fix ds with 1.0x) did stuff iwth these first three
  4. 00:55:356 (2,3,4,5) - I feel is unfit follow ryhthm, try this http://puu.sh/cK8Uf/6613cd6d87.jpg could follow better guitar and melody IMO like you did in
  5. 01:01:231 (3,4,5,6) that part ryhthm is same, just saying asdfandthis
  6. 01:55:716 (2,3,4) - ^ same (fix ds with 1.0x)
  7. 02:01:681 (1,2) - ^ same (fix ds with 1.0x)
  8. 02:09:052 (4,5) - ^ same (fix ds with 1.0x) for these last three, following exact distance snap would make things spaced poorly becuase of the timing stuffs, which is why they're spaced visually the same. can't do much about that without breaking things
not really problem this diff, I understand u try use ds because timing, but is just for me, is simple suggestion

[Easy]

hitsound:

1. 01:16:929 (2) - missing finish in end slider o yea
[]
Hitsound is very very consistency, is good. there only 3 missing (I did full check hitsound lol)
Gameplay, general, nice flow, I have funny from extra and insane
Hope my english (poor) and mod help you map
Any question ask me so I can explain better and I wish good luck thanks for the mod <3

P.S : get bats D: soon D:
Okoratu
Shohei Ohtani
So uhhh I didn't find anything wrong so uhh here you go lmao thanks for not making shit maps
Topic Starter
pishifat
oh

OH
Shohei Ohtani
YES!!!!
Okoratu
well....

fuck
Shohei Ohtani
was there something you were doing? I assumed you were doing "Album is not source", and there was no source, so I assumed that you were all done

Sorry about that if I should have waited :(
Okoratu
lol it's ok CDFA I am just too late and pishi seems to be fine with it
Myxo
[Easy]

1. 00:07:198 (1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3) - I'd highly recommend you to make the sliders faster in that section. I agree that this creates perfect atmosphere, but there are two big problems: First of all, the spacing is sometimes 2.0x or even above (which is a problem in Easy, since newbies would have to speed-up after every slider) and secondly the change in velocity at 00:32:289 (2,3,1) - is huge and will most likely be unintuitive for newbies. If you remapped that first section with... let's say, 1.5x the velocity it currently has, it would seem more appropriate imo.
  2. 02:14:272 (1,2) - For an Easy, this movement seems a bit too complex or too sharp. Try something more simple, like http://puu.sh/d1wAw/b058acc957.jpg for example? o:
[Normal]

1. 02:14:538 (2,1,2,1) - It would be nice and make sense if you had similar spacings for the (2) -> (1) gaps, for example something like this: http://puu.sh/d1vJN/5e0043b817.jpg
[Insane]

1. 00:23:077 (4) - In the rest of the map you followed pretty obvious stuff so it might be better not to follow pretty not-obvious stuff here (by which I mean this sounds really overmapped although it might not be if you listen to it at ~5% speed)
[Extra]

1. 00:23:077 (4) - Same as Insane.
  2. 00:33:265 (3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1) - The spacing of that pattern is way too big imo. It feels really weird to play since the music doesn't have any special emphasis or something like that here... Please reduce all the spacings in that pattern somehow, preferably by moving the objects from the left side of the screen more into the center of the screen.
This is map is very bad, that's why my mod is so long. In case you remap that part in Easy (which I highly recommend you) I can only rebubble though, sorry.
Topic Starter
pishifat
this box is pointless

Desperate-kun wrote:

[Easy]

1. 00:07:198 (1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3) - I'd highly recommend you to make the sliders faster in that section. I agree that this creates perfect atmosphere, but there are two big problems: First of all, the spacing is sometimes 2.0x or even above (which is a problem in Easy, since newbies would have to speed-up after every slider) and secondly the change in velocity at 00:32:289 (2,3,1) - is huge and will most likely be unintuitive for newbies. If you remapped that first section with... let's say, 1.5x the velocity it currently has, it would seem more appropriate imo. uh 1.5x the current SV would mean 2.25x which is impossiblol so did 2x
  2. 02:14:272 (1,2) - For an Easy, this movement seems a bit too complex or too sharp. Try something more simple, like http://puu.sh/d1wAw/b058acc957.jpg for example? o: yaeaee
[Normal]

1. 02:14:538 (2,1,2,1) - It would be nice and make sense if you had similar spacings for the (2) -> (1) gaps, for example something like this: http://puu.sh/d1vJN/5e0043b817.jpg they are now. top right says otherwise but oh well
[Insane]

1. 00:23:077 (4) - In the rest of the map you followed pretty obvious stuff so it might be better not to follow pretty not-obvious stuff here (by which I mean this sounds really overmapped although it might not be if you listen to it at ~5% speed) sad day for 1/8 sliders everywhere
[Extra]

1. 00:23:077 (4) - Same as Insane. tears flow
  2. 00:33:265 (3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1) - The spacing of that pattern is way too big imo. It feels really weird to play since the music doesn't have any special emphasis or something like that here... Please reduce all the spacings in that pattern somehow, preferably by moving the objects from the left side of the screen more into the center of the screen. moved stuff and made slider bodies less stupidly angled
This is map is very bad, that's why my mod is so long. In case you remap that part in Easy (which I highly recommend you) I can only rebubble though, sorry. sorry it took so long to apply there was too much to fix im out of stamina

send me back to my homeland
Myxo
Insane is missing the additional Kiai fountain >www<
Topic Starter
pishifat
kill me

will fix it in like 8 hours

lol
Myxo
Gonna spread some BATmagic and here we go.

Rebübbled (ノ 'ω')ノ
Moo-Chan
gogogo, get this ranked !

take my star damnit
Myxo
pishi fixed something with hitsounds
o________o
Sieg
we fixed some minor things via irc

enjoy (:
Topic Starter
pishifat