osu! World Cup 2014 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jetzu

Kii- wrote:

D e s wrote:

I hope there is new mappool for the Grand Final next week
I don't think there is. I already clarified it again on the mappool discussion thread with loctav and it seems we are having the same mappool for the gf as well.
That's like super dumb.

Japan could possibly play the same map pool 5 times (against USA, Korea, Germany and Poland twice in grand finals)...
KRZY
Poland and Germany heavily underperformed didn't they

Japan/Korea would have beaten them easy...better bring your A game next week Europe
AmaiHachimitsu

KRZY wrote:

Japan/Korea would have beaten them easy...better bring your A game next week Europe

Korea wouldn't, that's one thing. forget that, you actually would

farto underperformed due to some problems with tablet.

WWW arrived shortly before the match started and had little time for a warm up.

If everything works well next time, we shouldn't be an easy prey.
Dostedt
Go Poland!
AmaiHachimitsu
I don't really want to belittle ztrot's commentating skills (again), but his knowledge about the game, maps, players is scarce (as we could see in our match). I'd love some expert to accompany him. Raiku or Jesse would be my picks.

Just please do this, ztrot is good at releasing the tension between the audience and the commentators, but we need someone who knows what is going on.
kuur0

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

I don't really want to belittle ztrot's commentating skills (again), but his knowledge about the game, maps, players is scarce (as we could see in our match). I'd love some expert to accompany him. Raiku or Jesse would be my picks.

Just please do this, ztrot is good at releasing the tension between the audience and the commentators, but we need someone who knows what is going on.
Yup. ztrot is kinda like the shoutcaster, responsible for hyping and general stuffs but not necessary too game related commentary while raiku or jesse or some other commentator takes care of the more in depth analysis. I think that would be ideal.
B1rd
Ztrot was funny trying to pronounce Amai's name, sounded like he was trying to do a kamehameha :) (but seriously Ztrot, Japanese is like one of the most phonetic languages)

There did seem to be a lot of breaks and fails in the finals. I am hoping for ruruchi and Japan to blitz though and win the tournament~
xAsylum

KRZY wrote:

Maybe they underperformed today because of some problems like Amai said, but still KRZY you had your chance already with your team against Poland but you failed so :)
buny
rip america

sadest day 12/6/14 :(
KRZY

xAsylum wrote:

KRZY wrote:

Maybe they underperformed today because of some problems like Amai said, but still KRZY you had your chance already with your team against Poland but you failed so :)
All true, don't get me wrong, Poland and Germany deserved to be there. Was just trying to point out that both teams really should have produced better scores than they did on that winner's bracket final, and Amai sorta explained why they underperformed lol
AmaiHachimitsu
We are fucked
Rikashet
RIP GERMANY
[-Cloud-]

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

We are fucked
Yes, you are.
Holorin

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

We are fucked
Seeing Rttyui this consistent, yeah u guys should be worried ;)
RIP Tommany. U will be avenged (or not) by WWWLand
[-Cloud-]

Oppai Neko wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

We are fucked
Seeing Rttyui this consistent, yeah u guys should be worried ;)
RIP Tommany. U will be avenged (or not) by WWWLand
It's not only rrt. Guy and especially Mecurius are doing a great job.
xAsylum
Everyone from jp is facking op atm. 2-3 players with fc or really high combos. You can't point anyone but I guess we can point rrt as safe Fc maker and Merc as his main backup but the rest is also really consistent
Holorin

[-Cloud-] wrote:

It's not only rrt. Guy and especially Mecurius are doing a great job.
Of course it was not a one man show, but he was the most consistent one. Poruteri carried hard the 1st map, Serea and Mercurius all contributed greatly.
Oh damn am I excited for the grand final. Are we going to have another mappool?
[-Cloud-]
I hope not. The actual mappool is extremely hard already. I love the Tiebreaker aswell. <3
Makan1
KRZY
Give us a good match Poland

Give us a great one

One you won't regret
Makan1

KRZY wrote:

Give us a great one

One you won't regret

AmaiHachimitsu

Makan1 wrote:

Don't do it Chris, suicide is not the way to go!
Vuelo Eluko

KRZY wrote:

Give us a great one

One you won't regret
you know Horo is ready and waiting if you guys win
just keep that in mind
not that you should throw the match or anything... :roll:
Cola
Really i wish good luck to Poland, because wow they will need it!
Japan was so good and seemed really strong. Will be really tough to beat them even with 2 attempts.
KRZY
that WWW expression so tense
Topic Starter
Loctav
Schedule is out
AmaiHachimitsu

Loctav wrote:

Schedule is out

So we are
Nakano Itsuki

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Let's fight again for the glorious 1 month supporter tag!
Still remembering this from the start of OWC. Poland proved they will receive more than one month of supporter tag. xDD
Anyway, best of luck to Poland. Go for champion! :)

...actually, good luck Japan as well... ;)
KRZY
Just fucking realized I'm not getting any supporter tags from this tournament

Holy shit I was looking forward to it so much

Wow

How
sables

KRZY wrote:

Wow

How
You should have thought of that before :D
Athrun

KRZY wrote:

Wow

How
It's "just 6 months."
VnSoul

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Loctav wrote:

Schedule is out

So we are
hahahaha omg i laughed my ass off
So let it be a fair and entertaing grand final. I believe you have a chance to beat Japan and you even have 2 tries to win it so nothing is over yet. Don't enter the match with that kind of attitude. Just believe, you can do it and show the asians how op europeans are!
AmaiHachimitsu
Guess what happened to MP links from the group stage matches. Thanks Obama

Since the OWC is ending soon, I'll just state my opinion that this OWC was worse than last year's.

And you know why.
Vuelo Eluko

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Since the OWC is ending soon, I'll just state my opinion that this OWC was worse than last year's.

And you know why.
Because no Rucker? I agree.
Makan1

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

And you know why.
nnnnnnnn can we discuss this after the match : ) it kinda slows down the momentum, you know?. just 1 day and we can be like blah bllah blah about our opinions.
AmaiHachimitsu
Nobody posts anything, the thread is half dead and the OWC isn't really hyped like last year. Sad.
CXu
Complaining about it isn't gonna help though. If you feel the thread is half dead and there isn't enough hype, try to "create" some hype rather than talking about negative things that basically has the opposite effect.
fartownik
woo ~`owc hype`~ woo

grand finals incoming

gogogo poland

notreally.psd
Darksonic
Just let it be, this is about to finish anyway.
Bass
show more