forum

[Taiko] BNG / NAT List

posted
Total Posts
show more
Surono
I get 67, and I think I did a little bit mistakes... on A section, about how much time teh sonk mappah 4r rankablah? dem.. or more things I didnt knowing
My dumb friend, patzar got 69 and I saw Backfire is 69.555555555.. eww the minimum pass is 70, oh God..

and I feels on B section I get enough fair score, maybe would better more if my "Engrish" is well ( this my prublem )
now, tired.. just trying to spam modding and make some nice mod to apply bn on next time

fun fact, mostly the new BNs is rarely active and had limited to reqs.. dem
Bara-
Wasn't the limit 75 last time? We BN were given the same test. We were told that 75 points meant pass, less meant fail. They likely already lowered it to 70 because it was too harsh. Seeing all those people denied, and the low number of BN in Taiko, maybe the cut-off will be lowered as well. The only thing I can tell is that time will learn.

Also, Nofool, no need to bitch at the staff. Seeing as there are a ridiculous amount of applications, replying to them all individually will just take a long time. Just be patient, please
Raiden
English is a crucial requirement to become a BN in an international community. So it is exactly a must.

Honestly, those who got wrecked really hard at part A have either limited English skills, do not know how Ranking Criteria works, or just... do not rely in common sense? I guess... Those 3 are fundamental in the ranking process, so lacking in one (or various) of them is a heavy impairment in your knowledge as a Beatmap Nominator, and in my opinion that person does not qualify to be a nominator.

I apologize if this seems rude, but to be completely fair part A was moderately easy to get 40+ points on, assuming you understood the questions, had the Ranking Criteria next to you for some questions, and relied on your common sense.

Of course, this is just a generalization and there may have been cases where the failure on part A was not directly related to these 3 concepts. Hopefully for next time the applicants have learned that they can have the wiki open, they can ask for help (before doing the test, that is). As for English skills, I'm afraid that is not so easy to obtain but I'm guessing with enough effort anyone can overcome it.

Regarding the feedback, I got it really quickly for part A due to my reduced amount of mistakes (3) and for part B it was mostly some patterns that could be looked up in seconds. I suggest you insist to the managers to give you said feedback, as it should be your will to improve, not theirs.
Bara-
I personally don't think not being fluent at English is a problem
I often see people who talk either in Engrish, or something similar, yet I have little to no problems at understanding it.especially for Taiko, where the Japanese players are best at, I'd say if they are good at Japanese (kinda obv for a Japanese person though) and have decent English skills (as in, they can say things as, xxx should be K, because of the changing pitch. Even something as 'xxx-->k, change pitchsound' is understandable enough for the mapper to know what the mapper meant. And that is what counts imo. Your English doesn't need to be perfect, you just need to be understandable. And being able to understand what the other people say
Surono
yes, thanks Raiden and Baratje for clarification
maybe this time is not my lucky caused I not really focused and not ready as well ( because I taking themselves too trivial )

I can understand but I am not perfectly to use english, but this is not a my main problem, I just have to prepare carefully in the future.
Nofool
aight here is a serious post without hostility, this surely will be ignored :roll:

- I do think anyone should get a chance to be BN even if they can't speak english correctly (especially the japaneses in taiko since they represent a huge part of the community) => the test should be translated for them. Having specific country BNs won't divide the community, after getting a check from their specific BN they will sometimes need to contact an english speaker BN. This should end up in more people learning english for the sake of their maps being ranked, adding to the fact that we get overall more ranked maps anyways (which is the purpose of all of this isn't it??).

- We should know how active we need to be to have a chance to become BN => write somewhere (and put a link on the application sheet about it) how the system works considering your actual number of kudosu, your number of mods/month etc. You know what ? With this you reduce the number of applicants to only those who are active enough.
i was refused 2 times for low activity (maybe, i don't even know) with more than 100kd and 5 mods/month while some BNs get away with 3 mods/month.

- Anyone who tried the test should get feedbacks about his result... this is pretty obvious, why only some of them did get it?? It's not too late, you can still contact people by the way.

^ 3 main points, now im salty because looking at his mods/checks, it seems that this okorin guy used his standart activity stats to get the test, while it was about people being proificient in other modes. . . blabla specific BNs don't exist, then why do we have applications only for specific mods?? this is another issue that should be fixed but well..

So please staff make that application more transparent overall.. we just don't know shit about how it works, who does what etc. Being refused or failing without knowing why can be deceiving. no i didn't fail the test once again... i could not even try it and i don't exactly know why :/

edit : damn it's hard to stay serious with those answers tho.......... first point about japanese was an example i don't see why spanish talker shouldn't get their translation too zzz also do you realise japan is the core of this mod? no matter how you look at it
can you even tell me what do you gain by keeping the BN status for english pro only?? just you showing off your english skill that others don't necessarily have g g
also about my activity, check again what i wrote... im not complaining im asking for stats about what they call being "active", how do i know if i am active enough right now eh ? + what surono says

i never f*cking talked about the "quality" of my mods or anything so don't take what i write for me... here im just a normal guy saying what he thinks about the current system
yo boys please before answering something read correctly what people write
-Sh1n1-

Nofool wrote:

aight here is a serious post without hostility, this surely will be ignored :roll:

- I do think anyone should get a chance to be BN even if they can't speak english correctly (especially the japaneses in taiko since they represent a huge part of the community) => the test should be translated for them. Having specific country BNs won't divide the community, after getting a check from their specific BN they will sometimes need to contact an english speaker BN. This should end up in more people learning english for the sake of their maps being ranked, adding to the fact that we get overall more ranked maps anyways (which is the purpose of all of this isn't it??).

so, people from south america should ask for spanish translation? No, I support Raiden, english is very important to become Nominator.

no i didn't fail the test once again... i could not even try it and i don't exactly know why :/

well I fail the test on ctb, I'm modding ctb around 4 months ago and I got 67 points, I know that feel, when I was Taiko modder, I tried two times but Loctav/ztrot/QATs never give me the opportunity to take the test, this and TNA gave me a reason to leave Taiko. Lot of people know about the quality of your mods and the knownledge you have at taiko, so I understand why you are upset, but there is something true:

Surono wrote:

fun fact, mostly the new BNs is rarely active and had limited to reqs.. dem Except Volta?
anyways Nofool, if you don't have the enough activity, why do you want to join the BNG?
Surono
lol Volta is bit active too I guess due his irl ( oh boi university.. spend time for better life wwww ) and if he is Online he sure do it quickly with the stuff, "Less talk, do more" someone mania user who likes to say this word lol

maybe bcus still fresh, but a human dont know, let time to answer it~ /me flies away
Okoratu

Nofool wrote:

Encouraging language barriers seems nonsensical? Like if some Japanese BN wants to rank some English-speaker mapset and they can't communicate properly chances are stuff just goes wrong

Nofool wrote:

- We should know how active we need to be to have a chance to become BN => write somewhere (and put a link on the application sheet about it) how the system works considering your actual number of kudosu, your number of mods/month etc. You know what ? With this you reduce the number of applicants to only those who are active enough.
i was refused 2 times for low activity (maybe, i don't even know) with more than 100kd and 5 mods/month while some BNs get away with 3 mods/month.
1. Make a local copy of https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1417258688
2. Go to candidate Sheet
3. Enter Total kds after mods and the monthly mods
4. see the mod score

Idk if the threshhold for this is 1200 still or 1100, if it's 1100 the coloring is wrong but like this doesn't matter much
How the modscore formular works is explained in t/259742 (the principle is still in effect somewhat i guess just the general procedure is outdated, we could use a new post indeed

Nofool wrote:

- Anyone who tried the test should get feedbacks about his result... this is pretty obvious, why only some of them did get it?? It's not too late, you can still contact people by the way.
Like who??
You're way too vague with this or if this is the case and since they offered that for everyone who got a result back iirc.

Nofool wrote:

^ 3 main points, now im salty because looking at his mods/checks, it seems that this okorin guy used his standart activity stats to get the test, while it was about people being proificient in other modes. . . blabla specific BNs don't exist, then why do we have applications only for specific mods?? this is another issue that should be fixed but well..
Oh you're complaining about me actively modding and not mainly modding the test I signed up for? Why does it seem wrong to take modding activity for a modding test? Anyone who mods more than one mode could take all his activity and everyone who just mods taiko can take all their activity as well and do the ctb test, if they want to. I signed up for the test because as I am a nominator already, mainly for standard (i guess you noticed that already) but do play and somewhat mod taiko as well I wasn't sure if i should just start taking care of taiko sets because I didn't know how confident I'm supposed to be in my abilities. I figured taking the test to see the outcome would be the best solution if i should carry on with nominating this mode.
Aldwych

Okorin wrote:

I hope the people who didn't pass take the time to get the feedback that Loctav / ztrot and probs MMzz offer, It'll greatly increase their chances of passing next time
If only they will

I've never had any feedbacks from loctav on my mine on the previous one even if i asked him. Maybe my english skills are too bad to get understood. :<
Nofool

Okorin wrote:

Encouraging language barriers seems nonsensical? Like if some Japanese BN wants to rank some English-speaker mapset and they can't communicate properly chances are stuff just goes wrong
Maybe take the time to read what you just quoted, i literally wrote in it why this will in the end encourage people to actually learn english.. If some japanese BN wants to rank english-speaker's mapset then he has a reason to learn english lol. You even wrote it yourself rofl. When you say "something goes wrong" you need to add clear reasons, else it shows how low is your reasoning.

Okorin wrote:

1. Make a local copy of https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1417258688
2. Go to candidate Sheet
3. Enter Total kds after mods and the monthly mods
4. see the mod score

Idk if the threshhold for this is 1200 still or 1100, if it's 1100 the coloring is wrong but like this doesn't matter much
How the modscore formular works is explained in t/259742 (the principle is still in effect somewhat i guess just the general procedure is outdated, we could use a new post indeed
"outdated" alright you just wrote why we can ignore that comment thanks mate next time please don't waste your time. Also i suggested them to add this in the application sheet as something easily understandable instead of having some part of it everywhere on the forum.

Okorin wrote:

Like who??
You're way too vague with this or if this is the case and since they offered that for everyone who got a result back iirc.
The difference between us is that i know a bit the taiko community, i know a lot of applicants who failed, i talked to them, but it seems like you don't know much about that lol. However the fact that you know nothing about this is pretty interesting. Scores from all applicants should be made public since right now we don't even have a public proof that you guys passed the test.
And yes almost none (actually i know only one who managed to get feedbacks and he tried hard for it apparently) got any feedbacks if you want to know, some of them even tried to ask the staff and got no answer ;) . I don't think it is written anyweher that applicanst will get feedbacks etc, that's why i suggest staff to give feedbacks to all of them equally..

Okorin wrote:

Oh you're complaining about me actively modding and not mainly modding the test I signed up for? Why does it seem wrong to take modding activity for a modding test? Anyone who mods more than one mode could take all his activity and everyone who just mods taiko can take all their activity as well and do the ctb test, if they want to. I signed up for the test because as I am a nominator already, mainly for standard (i guess you noticed that already) but do play and somewhat mod taiko as well I wasn't sure if i should just start taking care of taiko sets because I didn't know how confident I'm supposed to be in my abilities. I figured taking the test to see the outcome would be the best solution if i should carry on with nominating this mode.
Alright man, if i ask you how many pp you have in taiko, do you answer me the addition of your standart and taiko pp? Now you might be able to see what is wrong in your reasoning :roll: . I never wrote anywhere that it was bad to be modding/mapping in more than one mode, once again read what you quote. We have no proof that you were active enough in taiko modding to be able to get the test because you gave your total number of kd and mod/month instead of your actual taiko stats. I was refused for a low activity in taiko modding (maybe, i still don't know since we get no explanation at all!) while i possibly had more than you lol.

I have nothing against you i don't even ask them to do anything about you, what i say is that this is not how a normal system works, i am pointing what i think are the flaws and i give suggestions about it.
Loctav

Nofool wrote:

The difference between us is that i know a bit the taiko community, i know a lot of applicants who failed, i talked to them, but it seems like you don't know much about that lol. However the fact that you know nothing about this is pretty interesting. Scores from all applicants should be made public since right now we don't even have a public proof that you guys passed the test.
And yes almost none (actually i know only one who managed to get feedbacks and he tried hard for it apparently) got any feedbacks if you want to know, some of them even tried to ask the staff and got no answer ;) . I don't think it is written anyweher that applicanst will get feedbacks etc, that's why i suggest staff to give feedbacks to all of them equally..
You should put your paranoia and "I am all the victim here" aside. I am not releasing names and scores due to privacy reasons. If said candidates want to reveal the PM I sent to them, giving them their test results, by themselves, they are free to do that. We only give feedback to those who explicitely ask for it. The last round fell flat a bit, but we also didn't test our current BNs with it. It is not feasible to give exhaustive feedback to every single individual, due to the sheer mass of applicants. Applicants receive in their Result PM a notification that they are free to sign up for appointments with us, so we can give them feedback.
fwiw you did not take part of any of the test rounds so far, so you legit have no right to complain about anything whatsoever, especially since your entire argumentation is based on hearsays of random people and you don't even mention their names. How do we know that you do not make that up entirely?

You are making vague and wrong statements for the sake of complaining about something you can not really complain about. And the more asshole you act towards people, the less they are willed to help you improving. You know... being nice helps sometimes. Being all demanding brings you nowhere.

Nofool wrote:

I have nothing against you i don't even ask them to do anything about you, what i say is that this is not how a normal system works, i am pointing what i think are the flaws and i give suggestions about it.
I am unable to determine any viable suggestion. You just say that they don't actively mod taiko. But they are an active part of the modding scene. That's all we seek for when initially checking activity. And apparantly, they have the sufficient proficiency to also look over taiko, based on the test results they received (best of all applicants, across all game modes and test rounds ever). So what? Do they occupy a slot? There is no limit in how many Taiko BNs we have. We only have so few because no one knows what they are doing. They are a Taiko BN now. Did that influence the other applicants in their chances to become one, too? Did they fill a rare slot of Taiko BNGship? No. There is no cap in how many Taiko BNs we have, everyone got their test judged individually and everyone had the same passing threshold (70/100 points). I would have been more than glad if 15 people would have passed the test, they would all be part of the BNG now. Your entire complaint is baseless, because they are active and they know what they do. Maybe they mod more standard than taiko, but I am sure you will get over that.

As long as you have nothing to say that actually helps the process to improve, don't say anything at all.
Okoratu
The BNG ranking is outdated, the formula isn't. I was told that the threshold for activity is set to a modscore of 1100 over the past 3 months. The point was if you really wanted to know you could have. The modscore threshold is there to filter for a minimum of modding activity, so i still think it shouldn't matter which mode you were active in, because the test doesn't test actual quantity but whatever. If you were refused to take the test you weren't refused because your taiko activity was too low but because your overall activity was too low. The suggestion to put that scoring mechanism it somewhere more visible is a good idea overall.

"If you wish to receive additional details about your test results, please let us know as well. We will get to that as soon as we can. Keep in mind that with that many testees, it might take some time until we find an opportunity to talk to you about the your results in detail." was written in both of the PMs from the standard and taiko test, I ASSUME they try to keep up with that.

Making the results of the test known to everyone? For what reason? Public shaming of the guys who failed? Are you ok with that? The ones who passed got a pm saying they did and were added to the bng? If you want my pm and score sure i can screen it lol. Edit: got ninja'd by loctav lol
Doyak
To say about the English thing, I think it's quite important. As a nominator, you should be able to communicate with all people, not only the ones from one country. You need to be able to discuss anything about a beatmap, with anybody. One can primarily mod the maps from their country, but that still doesn't mean it's sufficient. There always can be situations where they need to communicate with people from other countries, because BNs do their job for the whole community, not only for their country.

The test doesn't even contain that hard words/expressions. There's no time limit, you are free to use dictionaries and most of the osu-specific words are on the wiki. If one still cannot understand it with these, they just lack of English skills to become a BN.
Surono
yes I agree with you but,

Doyak wrote:

they just lack of English skills to become a BN.
this is not mainly the problem, theyre can using like web translate or etc to understand some words which theyre dont know what it is means.
as me well, I still using like that for better catch the meaning of the words and to make better grammar though is not perfectly/is poorly

not Japanese too, it depends on education of them ( well I lazy to learn it but I know this have must to be learned tbh )
Doyak
Oh that's true, but I already helped someone with translating when he got a standard test feedback, and I saw that they still need a minimal acknowledgement on English to understand them properly. Dictionaries can help them with the words, but understanding the whole meaning is different.
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
As it looks you guys need some time to sort your mind and calm down for a bit. Discussion is fine. Being insultive not. Due to this I will close and clean up the thread. Most of the said things were just false assumptions and information anyway. Responses to these have been given, so there is nothing more to add here.
MMzz
I think we are all calmed down now. :P
Arcubin
ayy...
late because some kind of drama

CONGRATS ALL NEW BN
Raiden
Your avatar triggers me.
5urface

Raiden wrote:

Your avatar triggers me.
There are never enough BN's though :P

I certainly hope there will be more new ones next time around as well
Surono

5urface wrote:

more pls, and the next is you one of them

edit:
oh dem ppl, meanwhile me.. trying to care myself.

bye
Kankri
yeah i agree with 5urface, hoping more will come
5urface

Surono wrote:

5urface wrote:

more pls, and the next is you one of them
If I got enough mods by then I don't mind trying ^^
Skylish
If I get more KDS, I will apply for it again hopefully. Somehow, the threshold is set too high imo (selfish mind).

Modding act. means less comparing with total no. of KDS, sigh.
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
2016-08-04 - Moving myself back to QAT lol
Bara-
gratz lol
Underforest

OnosakiHito wrote:

2016-08-04 - Moving myself back to QAT lol
etto... gratz lmao
_handholding
Shouldn't Okorin be in the QAT section too?
Niko-nyan

Kisses wrote:

Shouldn't Okorin be in the QAT section too?
No because he is focusing on standard, not taiko.
_handholding
Well the title of the lists are 'List of BNs who are capable of Taiko' and 'List of QATs who are capable of Taiko'

He is a QAT now so....
Bara-
QATs only focus on one mode AFAIK. Tari (for example) used to be BN for Std/CtB. Became a QAT --> STD only
Okoratu
http://osuqat.tumblr.com/

Given the subteams we are divided into i'm not sure myself, you could list me as bn if you want to i dont even know lol
mancuso_JM_
Nobody remember me as a tBAT hehe xDD

*runs*
Surono

mancuso_JM_ wrote:

*runs*
taiko batman.... but ur not on list tAlumni..
Niko-nyan

mancuso_JM_ wrote:

*runs*
don't worry mancuso, you will be on my heart as tBAT <3
Yuzeyun
It's been a great ride, folks.
Raiden
have fun at life and drink lots of cerveza
Nardoxyribonucleic
Oh, Gezo retired... :(
Thanks for your efforts as BN and wish you all the best in real life events!
Surono
Prepare yourself, mappers... spam BNs! (?)

taiko needs more rank maps, out there a lot more old/nice mappers who waiting maps of them gettin rank pls. not like some modes which is hard to find nice maps
so, #maketaikogreatagain
show more