forum

nao - Towa naru Kizuna to Omoi no Kiseki [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Stefan

Arrival wrote:

Stefan wrote:

About the BPM: Guys, please think logical: If you have a BPM of 290 and using 0.6x SV this is exactly the same like 145 BPM with 1.2x SV. I understand we stick for usual on 1.2-1.4-1.6 but at extremely high (starting from 260) or low BPM (85 or below) it's better to half/double the SV instead of the BPM. Also: What sounds like 145 doesn't has to be 145 but doubled. Same goes with the opposite. Just leave it to these users which are really experienced about this (which I do not include in this case but I know what I am talking about this issue. :P)

I am aware this was NOT the reason why this has been disqualified. But about this what some wrote I want to clarify why it's stupid to half the BPM. Barlines here, Barlines there: Some things seems not able to be fixed to 100%.
This isn't the problem. The problem is too double it IN ORDER TO overmap. We know it's the same if you double the BPM and the SV.

Would you have this at 200 BPM ? Probably not, same goes for this map. Now that everything is done this is stupid not to rank it again, but we shouldn't forget that "Your map must be perfectly timed." is written in the RANKING CRITERIA. I don't know why you guys think it's 290, it is 145, same goes for Kyouki Chinden, which is 140 and not 280.

We just should stop being hypocrites with this BPM-thing, and write in the Ranking Criteria something like : "Can be double if you want to make something hard". BECAUSE IT IS THE CASE FOR 30% OF THE MAPS ON OSU GOD DAMMIT
Ehm

There are no more notes because you double the BPM. The BPM affects the SV and the number and density of ticks you have. Unless you say that doubled BPM = overmapped without difference when it's not doubled.
Nashmun
That was not Arrival's point. It's easier to map things like this with a BPMx2 and SV1.4 instead of putting the real BPM (Which is 145) and double all the settings + use 1/8 everywhere.
Two Fruit Cakes
A map got DQ'd for having cleavage in the background. I thought we were more mature than this, guys? Are we really going to start "Thinking of the children" on things that don't cross the line into 18+? Pretty sad day for the entire Taiko community.

As for the BPM, is it not a non-issue? From a player standpoint it affects pretty much nothing. Changing the BPM from the "true" BPM is simply done for the convenience of the mapper, which shouldn't be a problem. The BPM could have been done slower but since it wasn't it wouldn't make very much sense to redo it with a slower BPM just so that it uses it's musically accurate BPM.
Ilikecheese
Nice edit on the BG, TK.

i cri eri tiem. re-rank please
Nashmun

Two Fruit Cakes wrote:

As for the BPM, is it not a non-issue? From a player standpoint it affects pretty much nothing. Changing the BPM from the "true" BPM is simply done for the convenience of the mapper, which shouldn't be a problem. The BPM could have been done slower but since it wasn't it wouldn't make very much sense to redo it with a slower BPM just so that it uses it's musically accurate BPM.
In most of the cases, yes. Once again, the point we are trying to make is not to put real BPMs everywhere, because (And especially on taiko) it makes it way easier to map and it is pretty much transparent in a players point of view. Regarding this map though, I must say I tend to agree with Ono, because on easier difficulties like Kantan, player is spammed with barlines because of the high BPM.
Nwolf
since when are barlines bad
OnosakiHito
Since ever. Even before your account in osu this was a thing. If possible, it has been prevented and mentioned by the old guys.
I still don't understand all the rage here by some people. Some of you act like this is now new, but even in a time we had no BATs, such stuff has been tried to be unranked. And you might not know, but in old times we used the .txt to change the 8/1 timing signature. Which of course, nowadays is not allowed.
Two Fruit Cakes

Nashmun wrote:

Two Fruit Cakes wrote:

In most of the cases, yes. Once again, the point we are trying to make is not to put real BPMs everywhere, because (And especially on taiko) it makes it way easier to map and it is pretty much transparent in a players point of view. Regarding this map though, I must say I tend to agree with Ono, because on easier difficulties like Kantan, player is spammed with barlines because of the high BPM.
I can see where you're coming from on the bar spam but in this case I don't think the bar spam is particularly bad. Probably just a difference of preferences.
shionelove
People who say BPM=145 should go to school and learn music again
Arrival

hutunohito wrote:

And you should go to school and learn how to make a correct argumentation again :>
Nashmun
I was about to make an answer but I don't think we should pollute the thread with debate like this.
Let just wait for the map to be ranked once again :)
Topic Starter
TKS

OnosakiHito wrote:

1.) First of all, I censored what you said TKS. That's exactly the reason why the DQ post has no details. Because it is NSFW talk.
i just asked you about an evaluation of criteria. you could suggest details in forum PM or something, it was so unkind to me.

OnosakiHito wrote:

2.) Now about the BPM - You didn't read my post properly, and it starts at the very first line:

OnosakiHito wrote:

Additional Modding

It's put under additional modding, which means you are free to disagree with it.
ofc i remember that but you said "since it isn't your fault but rather the fault of the editor. Else, it would be there." im using 290bpm as a correct bpm. therefore, it isnt the fault of the editor for me. in that case, i thougt it will be the disqualify reason for you. this is why i stick to the bpm.

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Your map must be perfectly timed. This means that your BPM and offset are spot-on, sliders end when they should, notes are generally following a recognizable rhythm (such as the lyrics or drums) which is comprehensible by a player, and that there are no unsnapped notes (you can check this by running AIMod (shortcut ctrl+shift+a) in the editor).
Luna
This disqualification is pretty ridiculous
wasonz
Just asking if someone not dim the BG or look at the BG while playing OR stare at the B :) :) B S when select the beatmap (\o it's me, i'm used to stare it before)

suggestion : let use mist for the censored pls ,like most Anime or the things like this

KD pls

maybe use this instead (pedo suggestion :lol: )

I agree to 145 BPM :o
OnosakiHito
Yeah, I agree TKS. That was the reason why I PM'd you today in game, so we can talk about it. Maybe I should have done it earlier?
Yes, the rule is stated clear. And I'm not a music expert who can tell if either BPM 290 or BPM 145 is the right thing. But what I can say -when refering to the rule- is, that either way the BPM is spot-on. BPM 290 or BPM 145; at the end you gain the exact same effect with the benefit, reducing the amount of barlines. If you don't wanna change it, I won't stop you. But again, look at the amount of barlines on the Kantan. When do you see so many barlines at once? In the past we fixed this by using 8/1 timing signature, but that isn't possible anymore. Which is why we have to find other solutions for this. Solutions which has been used before, too.

Some of you may believe me or not, but I'm not to 100% sure about the disqualification either. That's why there was a discussion towards some team members to clariefy this. But even so, we should think about if current comments are any helpful? Look at us. Bashing on each other for stuff which could have been changed within minutes or seconds. If it is the will of rightness, then many of us have approach the situation in the wrong way, if you ask me.

Bash at me. But please do not bash at each other for such minor stuff, which at the end is a thing that TKS and me should settle down. That's not a level our community should reach to. So please keep calm, and let TKS and me do this. Either in thread or PM, we will see.
Spy
New BG lol'd.
Kayano
Stars for this BG, it works perfect
Bara-
Now that the BG has changed, can this get reranked?
Kite
Oh boy..

Luna wrote:

+1
PatZar
nice edit TKS,
re-rank please
xGx

Timorisu

Luna wrote:

hutunohito wrote:

Spy wrote:

New BG lol'd.
This thread summed up.
Nashmun
Why are you all flaming on the DQ when it just follow the rules? You can argue against the rule, find it useless, stupid hypocrite or anything you want, but in that case, try to change it, do not rage because it is getting applied by the QATs.

Moreover, this mapset could have been reranked within a single day if we didn't bring unnecessary debate

Keep it constructive guys, and try to think twice before posting things that will not add useful infos to the topic.

@TKS I think you should make an answer to Ono's mod and then it should be alright
Timorisu
TKS' PC "broke down"...

Also

TKS wrote:

im done for now. had a good time.
Natteke
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/94744 No one seemed to complain, it even was played on OWC, what has changed?
Kite
Nobody cares until someone makes a big deal out of it..
People have various options to alter BGs they feel uncomfortable with, either dim when playing, remove completely or replace with another picture and same file name.
I encourage your attempts in trying to make osu safe for audiences of all age groups but at this point it was unneeded as the picture in question wasn't even borderline NSFW / Ecchi.
Kuro
I have to agree with Natteke and Kite. After seeing the BG in question, it just doesn't make any sense to me. It wasn't anywhere near being ecchi. I'd more than likely put a pg-13 stamp on it, because of the cleavage, and jump off a cliff before i slap nsfw, or anything close, on it.

Also I think the bpm is fine, 290 works excellently with the pace of the music

Off topic: Those are some pro BG editing skills TKS (o_o)b
Topic Starter
TKS

OnosakiHito wrote:

But again, look at the amount of barlines on the Kantan. When do you see so many barlines at once?
ofc i did.
thats not an excuse to break the rule.

OnosakiHito wrote:

[General]

1. Another problem we have here is the amount of barlines most of the difficulties provide. Especially in Kantan this is noticeable. Because of that, I recommend you to use BPM145 with SV multiplier x2.00. Of course, that means you can't have x1.20 in the Inner anymore. But dunno if it is that important compared to the amount of barlines. Or you just wait for this: p/3578338 (In this way barlines are fixed, and you have your acceleraiting part.)
    Note: I didn't put this into the disqualify reason since it isn't your fault but rather the fault of the editor. Else, it would be there.
  2. Lower diffs could use just some deletions. Not much, so no worries. But there should be some.
  3. SV in Kantan should be also higher like in the other diffs if you ask me. At least 0.70.
  4. SV in Kantan is 0.80 instead 0.70, that means it is like SV 1.60. Any reason for this? Maybe because it looks better and not too slow? Just wanna make sure. - SVs are fine for me.
  5. 01:45:109 - This note isn't snapped correctly. Though, it is in general hard to have a proper snapping here. Yet, I think on the blue tick it is more accurate. - bad to play when i move this one to blue tick.

[ Kantan]

1. 00:33:213 (27) - Such notes should be deleted. The song is intense indeed, which is why I'm fine with sections like 00:15:834~00:30:730 . But you should have at least some more breaks at certain places (e.g. at transition from one section to another).
  2. 00:39:834 - Do the same here or delete note at 00:41:489, so in this way it might sound nicer.
  3. 00:53:075 - ^
  4. 00:59:696 - ^ - i thought again but those are really necessary sound for me.

[ Futsuu]

Actually similar to Kantan, so I won't mention above said points. If you didn't like the suggestion, please try something else.

1. 00:15:834~00:30:730 - Note like 00:20:385 (37,38) - and 00:27:006 (58,59) - I recommend to delete. The spread is overall fine, indeed. The jumps from diff to diff are high, which is fine. But since the BPM here is pretty high and mapping continuous in this way for 15 seconds, having at least two rest moments is really important, so Futsuu player can rearrange them self and prepare for the next pattern. - your opinion makes sense for me but i would like to reject. because this part has the speedy pace of the song and i think i have to keep it for the flow. instead, i already made enough rest at next part also its working.
  2. 00:43:971~00:50:592 - ^
  3. 01:05:075 - Oh, maybe delete this note? So 01:08:385 this note would work as "rise of notes". Just an idea from me. - i want to keep the consistency this time.
  4. 01:31:971~01:45:109 - Same like above.
thanks for the mod but no changed.

@OniJAM
dont star please because i have already received new BG from lolcubes. :P
i will return some star to you someday lol
Kayano

TKS wrote:

@OniJAM
dont star please because i have already received new BG from lolcubes. :P
i will return some star to you someday lol
nvm, dont return back to me. whether you change the bg, i star for your map then :P
Stefan
Oh come on, really? D:
Akiyama Mizuki
rip
lolcubes

bbj0920 wrote:

rip
Topic Starter
TKS
lolcubes
Do it! ╭( ・ㅂ・)و
Seiga Kaku_old_1