forum

kors k - Playing With Fire (Sota Fujimori Remix)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kibbleru
nic
Bearizm
shiirn, you are being very vile as of recently. your true colors are showing.
Shiirn
There are no true colors. I'm always like this. xD Blow up at minor mistakes, regret doing so, etc etc. If you ever bothered talking to me rather than slinging feces from on high and behind my back, you'd realize I'm not that bad a guy.
Bearizm
There are some things I'd like to ask, but then again this isn't the appropriate place to do it. Maybe if u catch me in modhelp, dm me.
Cherry Blossom
I know this can be manually changed by the QAT, but why these tags (let's do it now) ? ;w;
ac8129464363

Cherry Blossom wrote:

I know this can be manually changed by the QAT, but why these tags (let's do it now) ? ;w;
album name
Cherry Blossom
awh wow, sounds really fun :3
Anyway, Gratz RLC xlni !!!
Kibbleru

Shiirn wrote:

you'd realize I'm not that bad a guy.
i misread that as, 'you'd realize I'm not a guy'
Spy
https://remywiki.com/Playing_With_Fire_(Sota_Fujimori_Remix)
Well, the source of this song shouldn't be empty, right ?
I'm not finding troubles here but read more here
Harbyter
i think Spy is correct, up to the QAT now
IamKwaN
Please fill in the Source field like Spy said.

Also, the Artist should be Sota Fujimori as shown here (Gameplay Screen) and here (Let's Do It Now BONUS DISC - Catalog Number: LC2213).

Good luck with requalification.
Topic Starter
RLC

idk should I really put sota f twice?
IamKwaN
You could only fill in the Source with these references then.
Spaghetti
uzzi

Spaghetti wrote:

yet another case of double standards xd
nothing new tbh xd
Nathan
source added
Spy

Spaghetti wrote:

yet another case of double standards xd
I didn't see it before, and that one should be added too.
jonathanlfj
this is like the 10th time I've been hit with metadata related inconsistencies, we should really come up with a clearer way of dealing with them in the ranking criteria

Topic Starter
RLC
checking something before kibb

edit: added both "lets" and "let's" to tags
Kibbleru
requalified

now that tags n metadata is added
grumd
Just some things I found important.

1. I noticed that you are using doubles very often in this diff. Indeed most of times they are very fitting and played well, but there were a few places where doubles were very forced and were not mapped to the music.
    In the beginning we had these skipped notes: 01:05:145 - 01:06:626 - 01:16:997 - 01:18:478 -
    These notes are clearly very loud and must not be skipped. Notes in these timestamps include both synth and drum snare sounds, so I don't see a single reason why would you prefer to skip those and map only the surrounding doubles. More than that, 01:05:238 - this note, for example, only has a bass sound which is barely audible when listening to the song at full speed. I have a feeling that these doubles were mapped only for the sake of symmetrical patterns without regards to actual music sounding.
    However, there were similar music patterns in another part, which were mapped in a much better way:
    00:44:404 (2) - 00:50:330 (6) -
    Here the synth note is mapped and doubles are not forced where they don't belong to. That's a far better option.
  2. That was one issue, but doubles are misused in some other places too.
    This, for example: 02:21:997 (1,2,3,4,5) - 04:38:293 (1,2,3,4,5) -
    This pattern doesn't fit any pattern in the music, I listened to it a few times and I still don't know what it follows. It just uses the previous rhythm pattern, but it doesn't fit the song at all. The music actually suggests this rhythm instead: http://i.imgur.com/k8WaD9Z.png
    This part, I think, is the most important mistake in the whole map and I'd consider this one even unrankable, since it doesn't represent the music in any way.
    Edit: So after like 30 minutes of listening to it, after having to disable effects volume, I could notice the background wub wub which these notes compliment. However, the foreground melody synth sounds like a much better thing to follow, really. See my screenshot, that's a change I'd love you to make.
  3. 02:51:256 - 02:52:738 - 02:54:219 -
    Here the doubles patterns are getting misused again. Notes that I linked above all have a strong white tick bass sound which doesn't feel good to be skipped.
    These timestamps should contain a circle or something.
    02:57:089 (3,4,5) - 02:58:571 (3,4,5) - However, here the same music pattern is mapped in a much better way.
  4. Another question I couldn't find answer to was this:
    04:30:608 (4) - 04:31:441 (3) - I don't know what made you use 1/8 here. There's nothing in the music that suggests 1/8 sounds. It's just plain 1/4. Probably, you wanted to make it look more hard or intense by doing that?
    04:36:719 (4) - This 1/8 was far better, it was placed here for a reason, however.
    Addition by Charles: 04:30:839 - this is actually the 1/8 sound in the music, not the slider before it.
This is a great map, but the fact that it was qualified with little to no modding (I can see two mods there, seriously?) makes it vulnerable for such basic mistakes and this should not be slipped through your fingers. I strongly suggest you to consider these issues and not rush with qualifying for the sake of it. Don't ruin good maps as I myself used to do.
Topic Starter
RLC
I've looked through your points (both before and after your discussion with Charles), but to be honest I feel that it just boils down to my choice to follow certain layers. Naturally, layers often conflict, and when that happens--well, you're forced to make a choice. Yes, I could've put something on those white ticks, etc., but that would come at the cost of following another layer less faithfully. I followed what seemed most clear to me, but I suppose that varies by listener (as evidenced by this for example lol)

The 1/8 thing is because I heard 1/8, realized it was only partially present (as Charles pointed out), but still wanted to incorporate it--so I mapped it in a way where the player hits the sliderhead in agreement with the other more obvious layers that I'm following.

Anyhow, I assure you that I don't wantonly throw objects; I do things for a reason. (And trust me, I've gone through this map many times over in the two years it's been latent, as well as watched other people play it--two things which I personally find more revealing than mods anyway.)
grumd
I was more concerned about my points before my talk with Charles, but he made me listen to it a few thousands more times, and I finally could hear the layers you were following. Mostly my headphones/soundcard being bitchy and most likely representing the music in a slightly different way from his/your perspective (normalization issues?).
Still good thing that you looked through my things. Thanks to Charles, I no longer consider anything unrankable here, so these were essentially just some insights which could or could not make the map better in some way.

Much love, a great collab here, though RLC's parts were a bit better.
[ENT]
Why!!?!?!?!?! Why big HP and OD? You bad. -rep