forum

.sm to .osu conversion

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_underjoy
Hello,
I'd like to ask if there is an option to convert .sm file to .osu! file. What do I mean:
I have a song in Stepmania (4k) with steps placed. I want to create an osu!mania version of the song, and I want to convert all those BPM, offset and steps from Stepmania to osu!mania. Is this possible? Or I have to do it manually?
CephiCC
I'm pretty sure you have to do it manually...? I"m not sure. Sometimes that big ol stepmania convert mediafire folder will get linked, and since there are so many songs, it would make me think that there might be a program that would do that. But as far as I know, no there isn't :[
Agka
it exists, and that's all I really want to say about it

happy hunting
Ryu Sei
Do it manually. I've tried it and it works. GL~
Bobbias

Agka wrote:

happy hunting
lol that's just mean
Topic Starter
_underjoy

Agka wrote:

happy hunting
Nice one. Thanks :)
Cuppp
There is a converter which is really easy to use. A few searches wouldn't hurt.
iWhorse
31Gabe
I have a problem. Songs in Couple Play and/or TechnoMotion Play do not get converted as 8-Key charts; instead, stripped out 4-Key charts get made. Could you please fix this? I will be doing a DDR 2ndMIX osu!mania Beatmap Pack, complete with Couple charts. Since osu!mania now has a Co-Op feature, I demand you to fix converting Couple charts to 8-Key charts, please.
Fullerene-
Not happening
Cuppp

31Gabe wrote:

I have a problem. Songs in Couple Play and/or TechnoMotion Play do not get converted as 8-Key charts; instead, stripped out 4-Key charts get made. Could you please fix this? I will be doing a DDR 2ndMIX osu!mania Beatmap Pack, complete with Couple charts. Since osu!mania now has a Co-Op feature, I demand you to fix converting Couple charts to 8-Key charts, please.
wow fuck you
[Crz]Noire
exist a way to convert .osu to .sm files? :?:
31Gabe
There is a bug in the current version of the conversion program. Even if I try to assign an Overall Difficulty other than 7, the beatmaps will ALWAYS export them as Overall Difficulty 7 setting.

Can someone please fix it? I do not want to handle changing all the beatmaps' overall difficulties manually inside the osu! editor.
GetDerekt

Ryu Sei wrote:

Do it manually. I've tried it and it works. GL~
How do you do it manually? The converter worked for a few step charts, but not all of them. And of course it didn't work on any of the ones I made -_-
31Gabe
The original link is down. Someone please re-upload it as a mirror.

I remember having the files until I had to re-format and re-install my computer due to a strong viral infection.

(EDIT) Never mind. The mirror can be found on this thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/121149
Tnupatake

iWhorse wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1idbavx4bbpxikl/SM%20to%20osu!%20converter.rar

have fun

uhh the link is broken
Matix99
https://arrowvortex.ddrnl.com/

Arrow Vortex is a Stepmania editor, but it also opens osumania beatmaps and you can convert in both directions.
31Gabe
I noticed a bug in the editor: each time I successfully convert an SM to OSU file, the song information section incorrectly calls "Unicode" as "Unicide", causing titles with Unicode text to not appear properly. Is it possible for the app to be updated so newly-converted OSU files will no longer have the "Unicide" misspelling?
Sies
Please create a new thread instead of necroposting an old thread. Thank you!