forum

[added] Change the input for "moving notes with keyboard arrows"

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
bomber34
Maybe this belongs to technical issues however
It would be nice if I could position notes in the editor with other buttons than the arrow keys.
I use the arrow keys to move the time line left or right so I can see how my note looks in the overall pattern and it is a bit annoying that I have to uncheck the note and have to remember its exact position in my head.

Changing the keybindings for that would be really nice
PascalK
Yes. This new feature rustled my jimmies.
MillhioreF
It's most likely moving to ctrl+arrows. Still figuring out the best way to minimize functionality changes from doing so, though.

See this thread (second page): t/123509
Topic Starter
bomber34
thank you for your response
No_Gu
yesss...I'm also troubled by this new function...hope we can make a good input that not only benefit who want this function but also don't disturb who don't need this function
Oinari-sama
Feel free to continue the discussions from t/123509 in this thread, but please check p/3262355 & onwards for modification ideas before posting.
Konei
Yep, supporting a function to switch it on and off. Currently it's just plainly annoying for me.
Scorpiour
an option could be a good idea imo.
WingSilent
Uhm.. perhaps yes.

But..this is not better to be by default ctrl + arrows without setting to change it ?
Just wondering..
Topic Starter
bomber34
My idea was to either put them on numpad (my numpad even has arrows on 2,4,6,8 ) but I guess there are keyboards out there which don't have a numpad...

Other than that changing keybindings so you can put this function on any key you want

Or like others said a key combination of ctrl , alt or shift + arrow keys or so
LZD

Konei wrote:

Yep, supporting a function to switch it on and off. Currently it's just plainly annoying for me.
yes pls, i find this new feature a bit annoying cuz i usually use arrow keys D:
Lanturn
If people wouldn't mind keys being swapped around (honestly would take a day or two to adjust to it. Change isn't that bad)

Then how about moving the Left + Right arrow key default of Moving through the timeline to "," and "." (<> keys) as these aren't being used.

I don't really remember what the up and down arrow key used to do. but maybe that could be swapped to Shift+, . or [ ] or something.

What do you guys think? Change is hard, but in all honesty, in the end, it might be more convenient! This will let the hotkeys of moving by gridsnap and nudging by one coordinate stay.
Topic Starter
bomber34

Lanturn wrote:

If people wouldn't mind keys being swapped around (honestly would take a day or two to adjust to it. Change isn't that bad)
If the change would let you keep what you want to do (scrolling the time line in this case) it would be fine. Some don't have a mouse wheel or in my case my mouse wheel doesn't seem to work correctly with the time line or if it intended like that it is no alternative but a downgrade. It is way more unprecise than the arrow keys for me.
Konei

Lanturn wrote:

honestly would take a day or two to adjust to it. Change isn't that bad
Sure enough, that wouldn't be the problem.
But I really tried a LOT to get along with this one, and I just can't.
It's just like the way I mapped 2 years long is now gone and I just can't get used to this.
Ciyus Miapah
i dont think so, this feature makes me hard to fixes blankets
Eni

MillhioreF wrote:

What would you guys think of a binding shuffle to fit everything back in? Arrows move the timeline, ctrl+arrows move objects, alt+arrows jump to next bookmark

[...]

Might make alt + side arrows jump to bookmarks, alt + vertical arrows jump to timing points.
This sounds great.
Neil Watts
I'm mapping with a graphic tablet only.
I can't use a mouse wheel to move in the timeline, my tablet haven't something of this kind and I don't have a mouse, so I can only use the arrow keys.

And it's quite boring to unselect the item selected before every move in the timeline.

If you can add a toggle for this or just use MilihoreF's idea, it'll be really nice. Take my star.

Thank you in advance. :D
Oinari-sama

Thanks Milli :)