forum

[added] Disable Feature Request Voting for 48 Hours.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Do NOT vote on this until 48 hours have passed!

This is kind of a touchy feature to ask for, but one that might ultimately be for the better.

To clarify what the feature is I'm asking for: No user may vote on a thread until 48 hours since the first post was made.

Example: you won't be able to vote on this thread until July 14th 5:48am (PDT) or until this thread says "48 hours ago"

Positives:
  1. This prevents votes being wasted on duplicate threads.
    Frequently duplicate requests are made everyday. This will help prevent the loss of votes by users. This is really the main reason why I'm requesting this.
  2. This will allow a bit of discussion early on such as if this feature is invalid or helpful.
    Lots of threads with features may end up being invalid from the get-go. This will also prevent stars from being wasted.
  3. This may encourage more posts on threads.
    Right now, lots of people vote without even leaving a message saying anything about supporting. This could very well encourage more activity and ideas from different users.
Negatives:
  1. Threads may die before the 48 hours are even up which might lead people to think the request isn't worth it.
    Sometimes little requests are ignored because people don't respond to the threads and only shoot stars. This would only cause further harm to them.
  2. Waiting 48 hours is a long time...
If anyone has more Positive/Negative reasons for this. I'd love to hear them.

Right now I would like this Feature Request to have more opinions from other users. Like I mentioned, this is a pretty touchy subject and it could go both ways. Make sure to convey your opinions and thoughts to this FR!
Sea_Food

Lanturn wrote:

Like I mentioned, this is a pretty touchy subject and it could go both ways. Make sure to convey your opinions and thoughts to this FR!
Lol at seeing it as a touchy subject when its really just a minor thing, what is it 2% of stars that get wasted on dublicate threads?

Anyway have some feedback from the point of someone who dosnt use stars.

Positive: wont have to sigh at stupid people wasting stars
Takes care of some people.

Negative: stupid people wont learn important life lesson that they shouldnt invest at something before doing research on how safe it is.
Restrics people to use their hard earned kudosu because some other people need to be taken care of.

This is really like a question do you want an authoritan nanny state that takes care of people so they wouldnt hurt themselves, or do you want a libertarian state that gives freedom to people to do what they want at the cost of responsibility they may not be qualified to take.
Yukiteru Amano
So deep...
Oinari-sama
Will work well with t/225574

24hrs is probably good enough...
Topic Starter
Lanturn
24 hours would work nicely. I chose 48 mostly due to the fact that it's suggested to wait that long before tossing stuff.

As for that request. I think the two could work really well together.
Oinari-sama
Added :)
Nathanael
I can't see anything about this at changelog. <.<?
Oinari-sama
It's not in the log yet, but if you go to a request new enough you'll see this:

Marcin
I'm bugged, it won't be on log ;___;
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Oh cool. Thanks for adding this :) Hopefully it helps people out so that stars won't be wasted.
Bara-
Is it 48 hours, as requested by Lanturn, or is it 24 hours, like Oinara-sama said that that would be enough?
Also, sorry for 'bumping' old thread :P
Oinari-sama
It's 24hrs.