forum

[resolved] new way to search for beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
EMS REM
]i think osu should add a feature where you can find new songs by linking a song you already have. let me explain farther...

think of spotify/last.fm/pandora where you pick an artist/song and they will make a playlist out of songs that are like that artist or people that like that song what they are playing. but instead lets you choose beatmaps of the same artist/diffiuclty/ar/star difficulty/ playstyle/etc.

now you can code to where it will give you one song at a time you can download, or say download 20 song pack of that grouping of songs.

for me i just started using osutp.net because a osu player suggested it to me, and i used it when i got stuck on ranks, helped me drop rank because it gave me a list that as you got farther into the list it would get harder and harder. this is another thing we could add to make this game a lot better, i am currently an osu supporter and i wouldnt mind if it was a supporter only or not, i just prefer if you made it for everyone that we could get those searches in osu direct.
Oinari-sama
If it's similar difficulty you're after, there's already this function in beatmap listing:

If you just want songs from the same artist, simply search with the name of artist.

EDIT: Please wait at least 24hrs before adding stars next time to avoid wastage ;w;