forum

[duplicate] Osu Standard "Highscore Ghost" Mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Mist
Osu Ghost Mode

Now this title is gonna sound very confusing for many people, but that's the best way I can describe it.
So let's clear the doubt with a little picture from Mario Kart 7:

For those people who have never played Mario Kart 7, the translucent driver on the right of the picture is a ghost. It is the highscore of the player, visually epresented into a separate game, in real time.

Now that the doubt is cleared, why this new feature?

I'm quite sure all of us out there have songs that we cant SS, or cant FC and that we frequently replay that song trying to get a higher score. But the only way right now to know for sure if you can beat your previous highscore (or somebody elses), is to either complete the song or to get a significantly higher combo that the scoreboard to the left moves your current score a place up during gameplay. This means that if the song is a 3-4 minute song, or worst a marathon, you must play the whole song to know if your current score is going to be higher than your highscore.

Having a "ghost" playing along side you allows you to compare your current score with your highscore at that same point of the song continuously throughout the game. This is going to be extremely helpful when you are trying to beat your previous score.

But how can we represent this "Ghost" in Osu without visually obstructing the current gameplay?

One very easy solution is to represent this ghost as a separate player playing on the scoreboard, much like in multiplayer.

So what do you guys think?
Oinari-sama
t/11114

EDIT: And t/53057
Topic Starter
Mist
Oh thats wierd because it didn't show up when i searched "ghost"
Edit: Those post were from 3-5 years ago respectively. I think its time to bring back this idea.
ColdTooth
You can always post in there w/ your ideas
Chamelo
I'd say it'll be the main source of distraction.

Of course, it doesn't distract us in MK7. But for osu!, it's really matter.
Oinari-sama

EclMist wrote:

Oh thats wierd because it didn't show up when i searched "ghost"
Edit: Those post were from 3-5 years ago respectively. I think its time to bring back this idea.
It's perfectly fine to bump an old thread and add your opinions.

Gonna mark this thread as a dupe sorry ;w;