forum

Osu stream practise "game"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
gadrin
Hello there. Recently during my bath time, I have thought of an idea to make a simple game in unity, which would be quite beneficial to learning to "stream". The way this game works, is it tests your speed, as well as speed control. The game works by having a bar, which value can not go above 200, or below 0. If that happens, you fail. It is good for those who need to train speed, stamina as well as speed control (those who can not stream slowly). This "game" is still under development, but I decided to post it here anyway, please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Special thanks to Volcanism as well as SamC for helping me with some super degree rocket science calculations, as well as some general thinking ^^

Game link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3clra ... y_v1.3.rar

CLICK THE TOP LINK, NOT THE BOTTOM

22/06/2014:

- Fixed the bug where buttons didn't work.
- Fixed resolution problems.
- Added a better GUI in game.
- BPM of the Level is now shown on the top of the Level.
- Added more Levels (up to 255 BPM)
- Added a crappy exit button (Please excuse my terrible vector graphic skills)
- Survival/Point game modes
- Point/timer system

23/06/2014:

- Can't use puush for uploading, taking too much space ;;
- Levels now have music

What I plan to add:

- Achievements
- Better GUI .-.
- Saving Highscores
DeletedUser_2304476
LtBeanSniffer
I will play for Godrin-sama
Oinari-sama
The numeric value on the bar should be displayed somewhere stationary. It's very hard to read when it's constantly bumped around.
Topic Starter
gadrin

Oinari-sama wrote:

The numeric value on the bar should be displayed somewhere stationary. It's very hard to read when it's constantly bumped around.
I am currently working on a more eye-friendly color layout, so the bar will not have the numbers anymore. Instead there will be a gradient bar which is green in the middle, and goes to red on either left or right. It will also have an indicator so you can see if you are streaming too quickly or too slowly.
Oinari-sama

gadrin wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

I am currently working on a more eye-friendly color layout, so the bar will not have the numbers anymore. Instead there will be a gradient bar which is green in the middle, and goes to red on either left or right. It will also have an indicator so you can see if you are streaming too quickly or too slowly.
Something similar to hit error meter? That'll be great! But please make it a lot bigger :D
Topic Starter
gadrin
Something similar to hit error meter? That'll be great! But please make it a lot bigger :D
Yes, currently I'm trying to fix resolutions, so that the GUI is in the same position regardless of the resolution chosen. AGH working with division and decimals..... >.<

edit:

I've uploaded the fixed version with a better GUI in game.
Catch
wow!! thx gadrin!!
pola[r]is
gadrin-senpai
ty
[ Pingu ]
you so god gadrin.
StockNine
Thank you based carrot.
vidya
how do you win
Nya Nya Neko

vidya wrote:

how do you win
not at all :D
just practising ;)
Topic Starter
gadrin

Nya Nya Neko wrote:

vidya wrote:

how do you win
not at all :D
just practising ;)

Actually I just updated the game, and now I added two gamemodes. One is survival, in which you must survive as long as you can on the selected bpm, while the other one is called "points" because I ran out of creativity, which basically asks you to survive a selected amount of time on a selected difficulty level, and get as many points as possible. (You get points by keeping the tracker as close to the middle as possible).
Support
This can be so helpful to people who cant stream like me lol ;D
Oinari-sama
The new bar looks a lot better!

It'll be cool if there is metronome sound to help streaming at the correct tempo.
Topic Starter
gadrin

Oinari-sama wrote:

The new bar looks a lot better!

It'll be cool if there is metronome sound to help streaming at the correct tempo.

I am going to experiment with adding correct bpm songs, and giving you a choice of the songs in game. I was also planning to make a different gamemode, which will require you to play a whole song that you select, with its bpm.
Jerome
deleted
Topic Starter
gadrin

Jeromelol wrote:

By playing a whole song do you mean just tapping Key1 and Key2 at the required song bpm for its entire duration?
Y..Yes? ;; I might add some other features like um.. breaks?
[cocoa]_old
Excuse me but i still don't get it how to use this :|
could you explain it?
Topic Starter
gadrin

[cocoa] wrote:

Excuse me but i still don't get it how to use this :|
could you explain it?
You start the game and pick the level of difficulty. Each level has two numbers, for e.g. 1-2. (1) represents the bpm of the song (it goes up by 15 every time the first number changes) and the (2) represents the "drain" or "od" of the level, so basically the sensitivity of the clicks and the speed of the tracker. There are currently two gamemodes. One is survival, where you have to survive as long as you can, currently there is no other principles. The other gamemode is "points" where you must keep the tracker as close to the middle as possible in order to get as much points as possible. This game was made mainly to train streaming, and I must say, from experience it did help me, even though I did not play it.. A LOT...
[cocoa]_old
oh okay i get it now, thank you :D
Topic Starter
gadrin

[cocoa] wrote:

oh okay i get it now, thank you :D
You are most welcome.
Miterosan
please use a another upload platform like mediafire, google drive or dropbox or puush

this is a stoneatyourheadthower webpage ...
Topic Starter
gadrin

Miterosan wrote:

please use a another upload platform like mediafire, google drive or dropbox or puush

this is a stoneatyourheadthower webpage ...

As soon as I get back from holidays :D
leepdesu
Game too hard to understand.
Jk it's pretty useful ^^
Howl
If I will ever be able to download this at 100% I'll upload it elsewhere.
Topic Starter
gadrin

TheHowl wrote:

If I will ever be able to download this at 100% I'll upload it elsewhere.
Thank you, that would help!
Coffee Hero
Howl
Miterosan

Howl wrote:

sorry for the delay ~
http://www.mediafire.com/download/54z5v ... Beamyy.rar
Thank you :)
show more