forum

Introducing the Mapping Assistance Team!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pasonia
Hey folks, I guess some of you by now would've noticed that twenty-plus people now have a purple name. Whoa?

These guys, henceforth, are your Mapping Assistance Team members, and with that, there are some key procedural changes in requesting for beatmap moderation.

Previously, the example scenario would be that a BAT is approached by a mapper requesting for a mod, and if the minimum pre-requisites are met the moderation will occur. Player-moderation, professional or otherwise, is entirely optional.

However, with the new MAT-to-BAT system, a mapper will now be encouraged to first approach a MAT member. The MAT will assess the beatmap and then deliver recommendations to the BAT, who will then look at the maps and decide if the maps are indeed of rankable standards, just as before. A BAT can, however, skip this step if he/she finds a map of high quality that hasn't been picked up by a MAT yet.

To put it in a simpler way, the MAT is a standards-assurance buffer, as well as our way of getting the community more involved in beatmap moderation. The MAT is our way of recognising the efforts of our player-moderators, and each member invited into the team have proven, sturdy track records of good beatmap moderation.

To know who's in the team, click this.

Once again, a very warm welcome to the newly-appointed MATs. Y'all deserved to be a MAT for all that you've contributed to the community. o.<b

Want to be a MAT too? Check this space soon!
minyeob
Red color is the worst
May this system works......
NoHitter
Congratulations to the new MATs.:)

And to their temporary leader Ephemeral, a thanks for handling the team until the permanent leader arrives. :D

I have high hopes for this team!
Ephemeral
Before people start asking: yes, I am the interim manager of the MAT, and yes, the MAT will operate on an open application basis which means effectively anybody who mods decently and does enough of it can get into the team within a decent time period.

So if you didn't get chosen on the initial run, keep your eyes peeled for application postings sometime in the near future - they will be happening, rest assured!
Andrea
Congratulations to all the new MATs!

Have fun, and help people :D
Jarby

Pasonia wrote:

Want to be a MAT too? Check this space soon!
I fail to see how checking this space would make me a MAT.
Nachy
I kind of find the acronym funny lol, MAT heehee

anyways congrats to the assigned MATs and good luck to them :)
lukewarmholiday
If Umineko 5 wasn't released I'd be modding again :V
Zekira
a mapper will now be required to first approach a MAT member.
...uh? I must have misunderstood something lol, I thought MAT-approval was optional lol, but anyway this should still be good (and maybe even better)
lukewarmholiday

Zekira wrote:

a mapper will now be required to first approach a MAT member.
...uh? I must have misunderstood something lol, I thought MAT-approval was optional lol, but anyway this should still be good (and maybe even better)
Sounds fine to me
Jeffro
So we now have to beg MAT's to pleeeease check our maps now lol, I'm curious though if a MAT actually gives us a "MAT-bubble" so to speak if BAT's will really go ahead and check it our. I hope this system will avoid many graves. :)

Good luck to all!
Sleep Powder
Does MAT have to follow any specific rules?
Zekira

animask wrote:

Does MAT have to follow any specific rules?
Basically our rules are almost identical to what BATs follow.
Atmey
DeathxShinigami
I'm not in agreement with Agnes or Shinde being on the team but everything else just looks dandy!
Wojjan
It's over.
We are making this into an assebly line.
where doing it man
Zekira

Atmey wrote:

I'm sorry, I lol'd so hard...
Nakata Yuji

Atmey wrote:

Priceless.
Sousei
DUDE OMFG I WANT TO BE A MAT!! I WANT THAT PURPLE NAME SO MUCHUCHUCH SUAHDAS DSADLJASKLAS;!

no i don't really want to be a matgaygyayg :], BUT HOW CAN I GET A PURPLE NAME? WAAAAAAAAA

Congrats you guys :]

SHINXYN AND EIRROL SITTING IN A TREE.
EEeee
MAT, looks good, i'm looking forward to see how much this works ^^'
Good luck guys ^^'
show more