forum

[invalid] i.ppy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Birdy
Aside from breaking down flagcounters (some - not all of them for a reason or none) and several other things people have complained about (fade-in load, loading time etc.), copying an i.ppy link and trying to [img]tag it, it shows nothing at all.

Please revert to showing images from their original hosts, thank you very much.
KinkiN
this looks more like a request
Marcin
Why do you need flag counter (other than obvious reason i won't mention here)? Why do you need to directly link i.ppy.sh links?

If you need original link simply quote post and it will show it.
- Marco -
i think it's because i.ppy.sh it's caching the image but it can't cahe the iage on it's own server? D:
Topic Starter
Birdy

Marcin wrote:

Why do you need flag counter (other than obvious reason i won't mention here)?
Even if it's unnecessary, why do you need to break it if people find it handy?

Marcin wrote:

Why do you need to directly link i.ppy.sh links? If you need original link simply quote post and it will show it.
I am aware. Unfortunately not everyone is.
Lewder
the flagcounters that broke had a custom title
loading images for me takes ages because i have a slow connection and sometimes im unaware that someone embedded an image in their post due to the stupid lazyloading that i cant disable
is this imageproxy hosted on the same server as puu.sh because if so host it elsewhere i'd like it to be online more than offline
can you elaborate for me the purpose of implementing the image proxy, as almost none of the following were really ever an issue to my knowledge (especially as browsing for images is considerably slower since they don't load at times and for people with a lower bandwidth they don't exist until they're completely finished loading, but that's lazyloading not the image proxy)?

peppy wrote:

The osu! site now uses an image proxy for profile user pages and forum posts. This means it is now 100% SSL traffic, which should make your browser a lot happier (no more broken lock icons in your URL bar). It also means people can’t snoop on you accessing their profiles, and should speed things up a fair bit.
IppE

peppy wrote:

and should speed things up a fair bit.
I really wish this was a thing, but instead we get http://i.imgur.com/Q9fmPq6.png
silmarilen
how does it speed things up if i have to wait a couple of seconds before the images even load?
KinkiN
I think it speeds up text , not pics
Marcin

Yuzuru wrote:

I think it speeds up text , not pics
n-no?...
Lewder
previously cached images load faster i think, no idea what makes you think text is affected in any way
Flanster
Its pretty much the same for me, just have to wait for the fade-in. I don't mind it really.
Topic Starter
Birdy
loliflan why

You don't mind, 97% (at least) of others do.
Rio-
the advantage of i.ppy is probably the usefulness of spoilerbox now (You need to open the spoilerbox to load the images now)

but some things that I don't really like are the caching progress and the image won't load at all sometimes (an error like the one that IppE has)
Topic Starter
Birdy
More problems in exchange for getting rid of a problem probably nobody ever noticed! Great deal!

Seriously though, please.
MillhioreF
You can remove the fadein with custom user scripts. I think someone posted one in the neither funny nor interesting thread.
Lewder
and about the issues that are actual issues..
MillhioreF
The i.ppy proxy itself isn't going away, because it allows the site to be 100% https (which makes browsers happy) and prevents users from stalking people who load their images (or worse, harvest IP addresses.) Lazy-loading saves a lot of bandwidth on image-heavy threads, but I agree the performance could stand to be improved, if possible. I imagine the fadein is a lot less tolerable on slow connections.
Lewder
thanks for the response, i'd be completely happy if there was a way to disable lazyloading on a personal level in a settings menu so only people who actually look to be able to disable it do disable it and if the proxy was more stable
silmarilen
i still find a lot that images arent loading at all, even opening the url directly in a different tab doesnt work (it asks me to save the image instead)
show more