forum

[invalid] i.ppy

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rio-
the advantage of i.ppy is probably the usefulness of spoilerbox now (You need to open the spoilerbox to load the images now)

but some things that I don't really like are the caching progress and the image won't load at all sometimes (an error like the one that IppE has)
Topic Starter
Birdy
More problems in exchange for getting rid of a problem probably nobody ever noticed! Great deal!

Seriously though, please.
MillhioreF
You can remove the fadein with custom user scripts. I think someone posted one in the neither funny nor interesting thread.
Lewder
and about the issues that are actual issues..
MillhioreF
The i.ppy proxy itself isn't going away, because it allows the site to be 100% https (which makes browsers happy) and prevents users from stalking people who load their images (or worse, harvest IP addresses.) Lazy-loading saves a lot of bandwidth on image-heavy threads, but I agree the performance could stand to be improved, if possible. I imagine the fadein is a lot less tolerable on slow connections.
Lewder
thanks for the response, i'd be completely happy if there was a way to disable lazyloading on a personal level in a settings menu so only people who actually look to be able to disable it do disable it and if the proxy was more stable
silmarilen
i still find a lot that images arent loading at all, even opening the url directly in a different tab doesnt work (it asks me to save the image instead)
Topic Starter
Birdy
I find myself seeing Not Found a lot when trying to open an image that doesn't load.

Tell me that's not an issue that should be fixed.
silmarilen
what about puush links? since they get deleted if they arent viewed for a month, wont this be a problem with this new thing?
Topic Starter
Birdy
Also gifs tend to break and/or be SUPER slow with loading.

Greatest example would be my gifbox, another (which is why I realized it's not about the amount of gifs but the fact that it's a gif) is a sig I just finished in my graphics thread.
Granger
What annoys me the most is the fact that when you jump to a post, you'll jump there but then the images load, causing posts above to expand and push the post you want to see out of your window.
I find that seriously inconvient...
Topic Starter
Birdy
That applies to trying to click links, for example, too.

They randomly get pushed away, sometimes on the very moment you've tried to click something else.
Topic Starter
Birdy
Let's not forget that this is still an issue. GIF loading, for example, seems to be even worse than 3 days ago.
- Marco -

Granger wrote:

What annoys me the most is the fact that when you jump to a post, you'll jump there but then the images load, causing posts above to expand and push the post you want to see out of your window.
I find that seriously inconvient...
true
Lewder

Topic Starter
Birdy
About that GIF problem, yes.

Also it seems to be dropbox-friendly even less.
cr1mmy
I hope somebody will return picture links back in normal state.
Flagcounter dead from 26@may.
http://flagcounter.boardhost.com/viewto ... pid=235661
Lewder
Flagcounter is a "nice" thing to have to people that care about it but it alone isn't near enough initiative to revert to the way things were.
What SHOULD be initiative to at least provide people the option to opt out is that the features added annoy a LOT of people, they break more than just redundant flag counters, and are offline a lot. Lazyloading, for example, gets a lot of complaints and relied on community support to fix what a notable amount of users considered unbearably annoying fade-in. The community should not be the one to fix what the service adds, especially when a vocal albeit lesser part of the community complains about it, undoubtedly with another minority that also is disappointed with changes however is most likely either lacking in communicative skills or motivation to complain.
TicClick
it's dead for good, because it can only be loaded via the proxy. That happens once a day and adds only one hit from.. EU? USA? There's no way to count user hits anymore
AutoMedic

Lewder wrote:

Flagcounter is a "nice" thing to have to people that care about it but it alone isn't near enough initiative to revert to the way things were.
What SHOULD be initiative to at least provide people the option to opt out is that the features added annoy a LOT of people, they break more than just redundant flag counters, and are offline a lot. Lazyloading, for example, gets a lot of complaints and relied on community support to fix what a notable amount of users considered unbearably annoying fade-in. The community should not be the one to fix what the service adds, especially when a vocal albeit lesser part of the community complains about it, undoubtedly with another minority that also is disappointed with changes however is most likely either lacking in communicative skills or motivation to complain.
Flag counters are a stupid way of saying a couple of things

1. "OMG IM SO FIRETRUCKING FAMOUS"
2. "I WANNA BE FAMOUS"
3. "I HAVE MORE FLAGS DAN U SCRUB IMMA BASH U WITH MEH TABLET & KEYBOARD M8"
4. "OMG SOMEONE VISITED MY PAGE HURR HURR I GOT AN ORGASM"

TL;DR
Flags are a pathetic way of saying "I'm famous" or "My stalkers, lol" rather than someone actually looking at your stats
cr1mmy

Sonatora wrote:

Lewder wrote:

2. "I WANNA BE FAMOUS"

TL;DR
Flags are a pathetic way of saying "I'm famous" or "My stalkers, lol" rather than someone actually looking at your stats
You should NOT be interested why others use flagcounter; don't use it, if you have big baguette because of it :P
And the subject of discussing is this i.ppy.sh sh*t, it's bad thing >:(
I still believe peppy will fix it.
Lewder

Sonatora wrote:

Lewder wrote:

2. "I WANNA BE FAMOUS"

TL;DR
I'm sorry if I tickled your autism in one way or another, if you actually read my post you would understand that it's much more than just that, and that flag counters are just one of the things that broke and it just so happens they're a good recurring example of "a thing" that broke; want us to use something else as an example? There are plenty in this thread and yet another plenty in my head.
Topic Starter
Birdy

Sonatora wrote:

Lewder wrote:

2. "I WANNA BE FAMOUS"

TL;DR
I feel bad for you. I'm so, so sorry.
silmarilen
whenever you want to link a picture that was posted on the forum you get something like this
https://i.ppy.sh/8909dc06dada9be780cd3b1144a0ed9ec1148c09/687474703a2f2f7075752e73682f396a7855742f356335646432666662322e706e67
yay
Topic Starter
Birdy
Yay.

Good luck linking that anywhere.
Topic Starter
Birdy
This keeps getting pushed back and back, bump.
Catgirl
I don't know why I didn't notice this topic sooner, because I have a lot of complaints with this new system.

In addition to my FlagCounters not working (which has been mentioned several times already and I really don't mind too much), I had to spend an hour and a half yesterday compressing down a .gif for my userpage because i.ppy has a content size limit for images. Embedding an animation I created, uploaded, and hosted myself is now nearly impossible because it has to go through the cache which has a 4MB limit for size. (Not to mention I feel bad for possibly wasting valuable space if images will eventually be deleted over time like with puush.)

Also I often have a slow connection, and the images from i.ppy take a considerable amount of time to show up, and half the time I don't even realize there was an image until I get halfway down the page and images randomly load and scroll the entire topic down a page or two.
Cocaine dog
Adding my own problem even though it's probably mentioned;

Flag counter isn't working, it's only adding people from the US and I've had people from several regions check in if it works which it obviously doesn't..

Picture:

Halp
Topic Starter
Birdy
Yeah, that's actually my main complaint with flagcounter, too. I want to know where my visitors are from - if I didn't, I'd probably use a fancier visitor count. Which I don't need, quite frankly.
Stefan

Sonatora wrote:

Lewder wrote:

2. "I WANNA BE FAMOUS"

TL;DR

at least I am honest.

On-Topic: I don't know why some people are butthurt by Flag counters. Yo do not have to react on these things, right? So let people keep using it. However let us stop this silly discussion about Flag counters and aim for the main problem here.
Topic Starter
Birdy
Yeah.

Loading .gifs takes longer than forever.
.gifs occasionally break entirely.
Links are fucked beyond belief.
Linking i.ppy links with img tag doesn't work.

Nudge if I forgot something.
DENKOUSEKKA
I'm not sure if these are related but could this problem in this thread be related to this one? t/219567

cr1mmy
This problem still have no attention by moderators/administators.
It's sad.... :(
Catgirl

Cocaine dog wrote:

Adding my own problem even though it's probably mentioned;

Flag counter isn't working, it's only adding people from the US and I've had people from several regions check in if it works which it obviously doesn't..

Picture:

Halp
Apparently the image proxy is hosted in New York, so you will only get one flag counter view per 24 hours (or whatever setting you have it on) from the US even if 500 people visit your profile in that time. I have confirmed this because I have a second flag counter for US regions, in which NY has climbed to #1 even though it only had like 3 viewers before this change.
peppy
I will fix re-linking images on forum
Flag counter breaking is intended (protects users from DDoS etc.)
Lazy loading can and will be improved (scrolling to a particular post) and is not related to the image proxy.
Large gifs (>5mb) breaking is intended (I don't want that 20mb shit on here; use external links).
Load times are faster than ever, as all images are CDN'd to all countries now.