forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
winber1

koromo wrote:

winber1 wrote:

i've noticed a noticeable lag difference between using aero and not using it and i use full screen. i still put aero on cuz i'm a bawss
I'm pretty sure you play borderless and not actual fullscreen mode winber.
either way i am a man

pls krowbar
thelewa
input latency from aero does not affect your reading it only affects your aim
Cheese

thelewa wrote:

The only thing that prevent you from playing a map you cant read is your aim.
[-Cloud-]

Cheese wrote:

thelewa wrote:

The only thing that prevent you from playing a map you cant read is your aim.
More like your brain.
nrl

thelewa wrote:

It doesn't affect your pattern reading, but it obviously affects your reaction time, which is important when increasing AR.
Cheese
Absolutely everything comes from the brain so im not sure what you mean.
nrl
He means aim has nothing to do with reading.
Top Bunk
Reading is reading and aim is aim. Nothing else to it. Wow, complicated.
Cheese

SlasherZX wrote:

Genius
meteor22

Cheese wrote:

Absolutely everything comes from the brain so im not sure what you mean.
nobody uses their brain when playing osu
Varetyr

meteor22 wrote:

I hope it was sarcastic, I'm not even sure anymore.

@Woobowiz : I don't want to rush you or anything, but your OP was last edited 15 days ago, which is pretty meh because it's the main point of your topic. I hope you didn't forget ~

NEVER GIVE UP !
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

Varetyr wrote:

meteor22 wrote:

I hope it was sarcastic, I'm not even sure anymore.

@Woobowiz : I don't want to rush you or anything, but your OP was last edited 15 days ago, which is pretty meh because it's the main point of your topic. I hope you didn't forget ~

NEVER GIVE UP !
This game does need more Shibayan Records. Somebody needs to do a marathon of the entire Magico Catastrophe.
jasian
Haven't heard from our Cookiezi-to-be for a few days. Give us an update will ya.
Cheese
What about a No-mod week
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

litejason wrote:

Haven't heard from our Cookiezi-to-be for a few days. Give us an update will ya.
Well, I start another school semester on Aug 20th and I'm trying to squeeze in work between classes, so those 8 hours days will only really happen on weekends now.

Also, the lack of updates DOES NOT mean I'm being inactive, in fact I'm literally practicing and training other aspects whenever I can.

My aim is/was sloppy and I couldn't get accurate scores with it or else I risk missing because I overshot or undershot a jump.

My low BPM streaming is really unstable and twitchy, so I try to remedy it by alternating as much as possible.

My reading continues to be my weakest attribute, but I'm getting better, I've even sometimes played with HR or HDHR and didn't cry at all (except when I fail Masterpiece or Halcyon with HR at the very end of the map, then it's kind of depressing).

I try my best not to play too much DT and instead play 5.2+ star No-mod maps. 5.2 star AR 9 maps teach the game way better than 5.2 star DT maps anyways.

Training will continue until I'm confident enough that 200 pp plays won't be miracles, but rather normal for me.

At the moment, I will play with a "I'll just play, and maybe coincidentally pick up some pp if it comes along" sort of mindset. pp farming not only kills my hands, but it also makes me tilt faster and gives me lots of anxiety when I get close to an FC.
nrl

Woobowiz wrote:

I'll just play, and maybe coincidentally pick up some pp if it comes along
FINALLY
f i z i k

SlasherZX wrote:

you need good reading to get good aim though

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

I'll just play, and maybe coincidentally pick up some pp if it comes along
FINALLY
THREADS OVER GUYS
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

The Saten one is harder :(
Duckk_old
much attention seek :/
Cheese

Duckk wrote:

much attention seek :/
I genuily find this thread entertaining.
Makan1
*lost quote, not bothered to look back, but in relation to HR*
Whether it's "useless" is completely subjective but if the guy is aiming for Cookiezi status hr is obviously something that needs to be learnt.[/quote]

completely agree. Cookiezi was better known for his HR scores and along with his DT. its and its something that isn't done with being 'learnt' it needs to be completely mastered. getting good at DT is a small part of the game and SnowWhite is already better than Cookiezi at DT now, so to reach Cookiezi tier, you will actually be inferior to the best. its all about HR

don't sweat yourself out, dude. you might quite before 1 year if you play this much ww
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
>Memorizing a couple of jumps > cookiezi

i kek'd
Cheese
Cookiezi was known for his aim whether its with DT or HR. And saying SnowWhite CAN go faster then Cookiezi is true in a way but only on good day. The fact that Cookiezi could do his top plays over and over makes him faster in a way. (Not sure if you guys get what im trying to say).
Falling Snow
I dunno if this is still active or not, but I love your ambition. You're a pretty good inspiration.
I did my own little sort of thing if it matters. p/3320405#p3320405
I would've put it in the comments but it'd probably just get lost.
ayumilovexd
is there a beatmap pack for the songs? because i want to beable to play on insane but i just dont know where to start.. :( can you please give me beatmap packs that are helpful and can get you from normal to insane?
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

ayumilovexd wrote:

is there a beatmap pack for the songs? because i want to beable to play on insane but i just dont know where to start.. :( can you please give me beatmap packs that are helpful and can get you from normal to insane?
You only have around 250 plays, you might be asking the wrong question.

I would just download any map you can play without too much struggle until you get the hang of things
RaneFire

ayumilovexd wrote:

Due to osu!'s mapping criteria, you can download any ranked map you want and it should have a difficulty you can play. Just play lots of different maps and play a lot.
Makan1

Cheese wrote:

Cookiezi was known for his aim whether its with DT or HR. And saying SnowWhite CAN go faster then Cookiezi is true in a way but only on good day. The fact that Cookiezi could do his top plays over and over makes him faster in a way. (Not sure if you guys get what im trying to say).
I believe SnowWhite is already at that level where he really does do DT in less than 4 tries and FC it. He gets like a 300~350pp score once a day almost. He is really just that good already...
nrl

Makan1 wrote:

He gets like a 300~350pp score once a day almost. He is really just that good already...
As well he should, 350pp barely even makes it into his top ranks.
FlyingKebab
The moment i saw you had 99%+ acc on everything you play i get so demoralized for a second that well... ****. I guess it just happens to some people. Unless you really grinded easy maps for 10's upon 10's of hours each day.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

FlyingKebab wrote:

The moment i saw you had 99%+ acc on everything you play i get so demoralized for a second that well... ****. I guess it just happens to some people. Unless you really grinded easy maps for 10's upon 10's of hours each day.
Stopped grinding maps days ago now :^)

But the pp will come....eventually.....lots of low accuracy FC's that could be 200+ pp
Makan1

I KNEW IT! ! ! ! Its sooooooooo expected for people to stop 'grinding' maps after they do it for a certain amount of time. So it looks like you're gonna take the chill route and probably never reach cookiezi tier ever. frustration = never improve yblah blah

like I said, don't sweat yourself out. its impossible to reach a skill level that high in 1 a year or 2 no matter how hard you grind, so it would've been a long route of pain and sorrow.
nrl
Grinding AR8 DTs will get him nowhere. This might.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Hard Rock is kind of fun now btw.

But the occasional "Wtf how was that a 100?" still kind of bothers me.....
Vuelo Eluko

Woobowiz wrote:

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

your acc needs work

hue

nrl

Woobowiz wrote:

HR makes map-song mismatches painfully obvious. I notice almost immediately whether a map is ahead of the audio or behind it.
Cheese
Woob do you drag or hover?

Woobowiz wrote:

LYING BITCH

edit: btw woob teach me how to shit acc
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Cheese wrote:

Woob do you drag or hover?
Drag
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
Uhhh, random 209 pp play?

Not sure if fluke or training is working.
show more