forum

Spectate Replays

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +50
Topic Starter
Tehu Tehu
i didnt go deep in osu!'s code , but im sure its possible to STREAM a replay to a friend or watever
i mean , replays are small files [500kb max at marathons]
so it can be a P2P thingy , not related to osu!'s servers , only our bandwidth..
the internet nowadays is fast enough, so i dont see a problem to do this..
in code , its similar to streaming for a spectator.. , the only difference is just that its ur REPLAY playing and not you..

if this feature is already exists , im sorry
VoidnOwO
Do you mean that when you watch a replay, other people should be able to spectate you and see it too?
Oinari-sama
Are you offering to make an app that streams replays?

If you are asking peppy to add a feature, it should be posted in the Feature Request instead.
Topic Starter
Tehu Tehu

BRBP wrote:

Do you mean that when you watch a replay, other people should be able to spectate you and see it too?
yes , thats exactly what i meant
instead of sharing it via file sharing websites like mediafire and stuff..
im sorry for that "spam" , i didnt know theres a "Feature Request" forum.
thank you
XPJ38
Just a notification that I wastelanded your second thread and moved the first one here to keep the answers above.
Topic Starter
Tehu Tehu

XPJ38 wrote:

Just a notification that I wastelanded your second thread and moved the first one here to keep the answers above.
thank you.
TheVileOne
BUMPing this
Stefan

N3rbex wrote:

yes , thats exactly what i meant
instead of sharing it via file sharing websites like mediafire and stuff..
You cannot spectate anyways if you do not have the Beatmap for it. If you talk about ranked Maps: You actually can see the username which's replay is been spectated.. well it makes it a bit faster at all but not sure how necessary it really is.
TheVileOne
I think the user wants to be able to watch a replay and any user who wants that replay can watch them and it will download the replay. I changed the title because it was misleading. Chain spectating should apply to replays as well (including watching auto).