forum

Wacom bamboo tablet ctl 470 settings?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mackie_old_1
I just received my tablet and what settings should I use?

Also how much tablet area should I use?

Do I turn off raw input?
Mathsma
Use force proportions, find the most comfortable resolution, then after you found the resolution you like, pick an area that you can reach all 4 corners of the PLAY AREA with just your wrist, not the entire screen but just the play area (The play area is a 4:3 ratio, so you if play 1366x768 it will be the 1024x768 section in the middle). Raw input must be disabled for a Wacom tablet to work, only if you own a Huion/osu! brand tablet then you can enable that option.

Your active area will vary from others depending on the size of your hand, the position of your hand, and the way your grip the pen.

I advocate using at least 50% of your tablet (slightly smaller than full area and 1024x768 osu! resolution on a 1920x1080 monitor.)
Topic Starter
Mackie_old_1
My PC can't handle window mode I can only play in full screen it's really laggy in windows mode.
Vuelo Eluko
try OpenGL sometimes DirectX is a bitch in windowed
Mathsma
You cannot beat the full screen/DirectX combo. It has the lowest input latency in comparison to every other alternative. When I used the example of slightly smaller than full area on 1024x768 on a 1920x1080 monitor I was simply showing you about how much your hand should be moving. You can put your osu! to full screen and find an area that uses a similar amount of motion. Remember, that would be the lowest area I would go. I personally cannot go any lower than 70% of my tablet area (full area 1024x768 on 1920x1080) and I prefer 85% of my tablet area (full area 1200x900 on 1920x1080).
Topic Starter
Mackie_old_1
My monitor is 1920x1080 and I play in full screen. I think I will try to play smaller tablet area and try to make it bigger as I progress with the tablet
Vuelo Eluko

JapanesePeople wrote:

My monitor is 1920x1080 and I play in full screen. I think I will try to play smaller tablet area and try to make it bigger as I progress with the tablet
careful, every review of that tablet on several websites complain about the flimsy wire not lasting very long
example

approach that issue however you wish. electrical tape, keeping it completely still and unstressed, whatever.
Topic Starter
Mackie_old_1
i taped my wire / cable with elefctrical tape

i need help hwo do i change my active area???! also its very hard playing omg.......
Topic Starter
Mackie_old_1
sometimes my cursor just teleports when im using it also how do i disable touch click thing every time i touch the tablet it does a mouse click
deletemyaccount

JapanesePeople wrote:

sometimes my cursor just teleports when im using it also how do i disable touch click thing every time i touch the tablet it does a mouse click
Press F10, it enables/disables in-game mouse clicks.
Rewben2

JapanesePeople wrote:

i taped my wire / cable with elefctrical tape

i need help hwo do i change my active area???! also its very hard playing omg.......
Type "wacom" into your start bar search, click on wacom preferences, go to the pen tab, under tracking you will see pen mode, click that box and click mapping. Voila, you're in the menu to change your area.
Topic Starter
Mackie_old_1
it feels really akward playing with the tablet im missing alot of notes on jumps and stuff how do i fix this? tablet area? i was use to playing with mouse with raw input
Mathsma
This cursor jump you experience is likely due to wisptis.exe, read this - p/3014153

If your driver does not have the Windows Ink option, try updating the drivers - http://cdn.wacom.com/u/drivers/IBMPC/co ... _533-3.exe - and check again.

Also just wait a bit when playing with tablet, it's a new input device with different behaviour compared to mouse, it takes time to get used to.

Another thing, make sure to check Force Proportions in your tablet drivers, it makes the movement proportional to your screen and is likely to make the movement feel more natural.
Rewben2

JapanesePeople wrote:

it feels really akward playing with the tablet im missing alot of notes on jumps and stuff how do i fix this? tablet area? i was use to playing with mouse with raw input
Uhh, are you sure it's not just you?