forum

Minecraft

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
It plays either in your browser or as a standalone java app, it lets anyone host a server and automatically lists it, it runs flawlessly on most computers, and it's fucking FIRST-PERSON LEGO.
Here's a few screenshots I got when I was hanging out with /jp/:
Currently there's no way to save your maps unless you either host a server or pay for a premium account, but the creator said he's working on client-side saving.
You can save shit as .mine files locally or store them on minecraft's server if you have a premium account.
Minecraft is extremely addictive, and I haven't spent a day without it since I heard about it.
So, do YOU Minecraft?

Server Status:
SMP neonsunshine.org (SS + Bukkit with Nether) - Australia - Ephemeral - 24/7: (more server status info available here)
SMP delicioustrap.bounceme.org (Vanilla hmod) - UK - Neo@lex - nightly downtime:
SMP 199.115.228.159:25565 - US or some shit I dunno - probably dkun or that black guy - probably 24/7:
Pokebis
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Nachy
This is really fun, especially when building something epic with a lot of other people.
Nharox
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
lukewarmholiday
Ive been seeing threads for this everywhere so I guess i'm obliged to check it out.
adam2046
I was impressed when I checked it out, but yeah, I'd much prefer to make shit with people I know.
Topic Starter
Neo@lex

Nharox wrote:

Somebody make an osu! server.

GO!
I'll be able to host one on my laptop after christmas. I can't guarantee it'll be lagless from a Vista laptop with an 8MB UK shared connection though.
Edit: Disregard that, I got the server shit working.
http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?serve ... 5983d0ed7b
Make sure you're signed in before you connect or it'll go into single player. I'll try to keep the server up as much as possible. If it's down whilst I'm online, shout at me in IRC.
CheeseWarlock
I tried this back in the day, when it was in beta and all the cool kids (or at least /tg/) played Infiniminer. I should pick it up again when I have time to waste.

Also three boards have been namedropped in this thread.
Pokebis

CheeseWarlock wrote:

I tried this back in the day, when it was in beta and all the cool kids (or at least /tg/) played Infiniminer. I should pick it up again when I have time to waste.

Also three boards have been namedropped in this thread.
Rules 1 and 2 only apply to raids. And /b/.
Wojjan

Pokebis wrote:

Someone tore Uboa apart in /v/'s Minecraft, though. :?
It just moved.
To osu!minecraft.
Together with mado
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
The link changed again, so here's one that'll keep working until my IP changes.
http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?ip=91 ... port=25565
lukewarmholiday
screenshots of best thing ever will be loaded in an hour if someone doesnt beat me to it.

nardii
Me likes. Also if Neo wants to we could move the server over to my VPS (as long as it's not too resource-intensive) so it'll stay up for sure.
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
I'd like to keep mine local so I have more control over the way it manages files and stuff, but feel free to start your own on a VPS.
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
Well, that didn't last long. Hurr new ip.
I guess I'll update my sig every time there's a new link from now on.
New map tomorrow, hopefully it'll come to around 8 times as big. Server'll be up by 9:00GMT.
Pokebis

neo@lex wrote:

Well, that didn't last long. Hurr new ip.
I guess I'll update my sig every time there's a new link from now on.
New map tomorrow, hopefully it'll come to around 8 times as big. Server'll be up by 9:00GMT.
Is all of our stuff going to still be there?
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
No, but the current map will be dumped and upppy'd.
lukewarmholiday
WE CAN REBUILD HIM

WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
Wait no.
Done.
12x bigger overall without losing anything.

Edit: Server's up.
http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?ip=91.108.74.84&port=25565
Just look in my sig.

Edit: changed link, there was a power cut.
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
Server's dead.
Here's the map. Download: osu_minecraft.osu Change the extension to .mine for singleplayer or .dat if you feel like adopting it to start a server.

It was fun Minecraftin' with you guys.
show more