forum

Multi-Gamemode multiplayer?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +600
Topic Starter
Chippy
The title literally explains what this is. I have a lot of friends who play different gamemodes, and its a shame I can't play with them just because they're proficient in another mode that I don't play. I was thinking maybe like a co-op where your scores add together to form a large score? I know that since the scores aren't equal between gamemodes, there would need to be adjustments to the coop score between gamemodes for this mode(for instance all gamemodes having the same score/combo ratio as standard). I feel like this would be really fun and bring the osu community together more. Of course another issue brought up would be the fact that there are gamemode-specific maps, so only all-gamemode maps would be applicable in this.

TL;DR : A Rockband-type multiplayer mode for osu!
iiyo
I actually like this idea, I don't really promote things often and i'm very un-emotional and not social person (i'm a kuudere) but this caught my eye and that's saying a lot, I hope this get's through it sounds like a nice idea!
Topic Starter
Chippy

Sabi wrote:

I actually like this idea, I don't really promote things often and i'm very un-emotional and not social person (i'm a kuudere) but this caught my eye and that's saying a lot, I hope this get's through it sounds like a nice idea!
Thank you so much :D
Yukiteru Amano
Will the selection for gamemode be done like with mods? Also the score dilemma shouldn't be too hard though make it unranked :)

I like the idea of everyone being able to play with one and other regardless of modeicity :p
Topic Starter
Chippy

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

Will the selection for gamemode be done like with mods? Also the score dilemma shouldn't be too hard though make it unranked :)

I like the idea of everyone being able to play with one and other regardless of modeicity :p
I figure having a separate tab called "Mode" under the free mods tab would be nice. Then it could show like an icon of what mode people are playing next to their name or something :p
Gifu
This would be the blessing for my situation ^_^.

I really like playing osu with my friends but my
Speciality is taiko, with electronic drums.

Osu! Is a real hobby for many and this add to the game would make osu More social and get a bit differently approaching people to the game.

Cant wait to set up osu! "Band" !

Big thank you to you for making this suggestion, this deserves our votes!
deadbeat
duplicate.....
learn to search. seriously. whatever, i know you won't anyway >_>
Topic Starter
Chippy

deadbeat wrote:

duplicate.....
learn to search. seriously. whatever, i know you won't anyway >_>
I'm still yet to find it after looking for 10-20 minutes, and i looked for like 15 mins anyways before the post, must have skipped over it or something
Marcin
Did this REALLY got 240+ SP in over 18 hours?
Tekklorn

Marcin wrote:

Guess people really want this to be implemented, which is fair enough this is a good idea
Topic Starter
Chippy

Marcin wrote:

I'm in shock, myself. I didn't think this would be such a popular idea owo
Piine
I think the tl:dr solved everything XD
Oinari-sama
This post from an older thread seem to make more sense. I'll leave the link here since this thread's got way more stars.
Kuro

Oinari-sama wrote:

This post from an older thread seem to make more sense. I'll leave the link here since this thread's got way more stars.
Ah... hello old post :3
6ixr
this would work well expect the multiplier system between each gamemode is different so there might be a problem there, other then that this seems like a good idea
Kaeru

IchigoSaki wrote:

this would work well expect the multiplier system between each gamemode is different so there might be a problem there, other then that this seems like a good idea
They would address that, of course.

I think this would be a great, especially if you can form a band of players and have a separate leader board for bands. You register a name for your band and each map that supports this mode would have a top 50 ranking for bands. Instead of pp, you get bp (band points) and you level up your band with accumulated score. Of course, in order to actually get on the rankings and earn bp, you need a player from each mode (a standard player, taiko player, ctb player and mania player).

Maybe in addition to this, there can be a title for each player. I'm thinking: Clicker, Drummer, Catcher and Keyboardist. Bonuses would also be nice when the players are playing in sync (like sync combos or 300s). Oh, and spectators should be able to spectate everyone at once. It would be nice if all the players could see everything going on, like in Rockband, but that would obviously be a lot more difficult.
YielShelion

Kaeru wrote:

Oh, and spectators should be able to spectate everyone at once. It would be nice if all the players could see everything going on, like in Rockband, but that would obviously be a lot more difficult.
That would be cool.

Combined healthbar, accuracy, score, and individual score, accuracy, combo is a good thing to add too.
Bara-
maybe force all things to have max score of 1.000.000 like mania?
So an SS gives 1.000.000 in or something like that.
Otherwise it would be WAY to hard to implement it.
Also disable spinners then, to make it more fair for mania, since the other modes give bonuses for spinners.
I Give Up
Downside: not all maps have available different modes with equivalent difficulty. Mode specific mods will probably have to be disabled as well.

Upside: rank is not affected since players will only be gaining ranks for the mode they are playing in. Scoring is not a problem either.For instance getting 800,000 osu!mania is 80% of max score, which is equal to 2,000,000 osu!standard if the map has 2,500,000 SS points. Same rings true for other modes if I'm correct.
Bara-

Anich682 wrote:

Upside: rank is not affected since players will only be gaining ranks for the mode they are playing in. Scoring is not a problem either.For instance getting 800,000 osu!mania is 80% of max score, which is equal to 2,000,000 osu!standard if the map has 2,500,000 SS points. Same rings true for other modes if I'm correct.
This is actually not the case.
Do you know how scoring works?
High combo --> more score
This is true for Std/CtB, but not really for taiko, and DEFINITELY NOT for Mania

Then make every object, if there are 1000 objects worth 1000 points or such, and 'disable' combo multiplier
show more