forum

[added] Ability to change mania scroll speed in mp lobby

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +23
Topic Starter
Luna
A quick forum search didn't come up with any duplicates - if there is one, please tell me.
Please either let us change mania scroll speed in the multiplayer lobby, or at least give us more time to adjust it before the first hit objects appear. The amount of misses I get right at the beginning of maps in mp because my hand is still on the F3/4 keys is pretty dumb.
Aposke
This has annoyed me as well, recently, and I could imagine it just becomes more and more of a problem the more complicated the maps one can play get.
Another solution (or something that might be handy in general) could be to be able to make certain scrolling speed presets for certain BPM, or to just "tack on" 1 additional second of silence before any o!m map.
Kamikaze
Actually you can switch speeds in mania lobby using ctrl +/-
Catgirl
You can change the scroll speed in the lobby, but only if the match is set on Mania mode. If someone picks a Mania-specific map but has the match set to Standard, you can't change the scroll speed.

Definitely should be changed. If a match is playing a Mania map, it doesn't make any sense to still be listed as a Standard match. This would solve the problem of allowing to change scroll speed as well.
Topic Starter
Luna
Wait, why do you need to use Ctrl +/- in lobby while it's F3/4 ingame? How is anyone supposed to figure that out :x
So yeah, in that case I'll change this request to "make the feature more obvious and let us use it with all mania maps, no matter what mode is selected".
Catgirl

Luna wrote:

Wait, why do you need to use Ctrl +/- in lobby while it's F3/4 ingame? How is anyone supposed to figure that out :x
Both F3/F4 and Ctrl+/- work in-game. I'm not sure why only Ctrl+/- work in the lobby though...
Kamikaze

Luna wrote:

So yeah, in that case I'll change this request to "make the feature more obvious and let us use it with all mania maps, no matter what mode is selected".
Yeah it should be more specific
Oinari-sama

Added :)