inviting people into private chat

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3,766
show more
Marcin
Well I think the problem isn't allowing everyone to be able to create their own channels, but how chat op's system work. Right now every chatop is able to use !kill command, this could be used to silence people which are not in their channel.
Bells

Alpaka wrote:

You can use #spectator which allows you as many people as you want.
Perhaps but its limitation comes in when you want to spec someone else you get booted from that chat.

Like im organising a local competion with some people in my country and we'll obviously be speccing different people a lot so the spec chat becomes a non viable option.

We going to have to use skype but it would just be nice to not have to use a 3rd party program to do something that could be done ingame
Lally
support (╯o w o )╯ 彡 ☆
Kanye West

Alpaka wrote:

You can use #spectator which allows you as many people as you want.
Yeah but then if you actually want to play/map/mod rather than spec someone, you leave the chat.
ReVeNg3r
2x promoted 8-)
Ableh
support this
she_old

Kanye West wrote:

What's the difference between this and a third-party program such as Skype?
Skype (usually) doesn't get logged by someone not in the chat
primrose
Support (I don't have any star :o )
Lally
bump o3o more support here
D33d
No stars, but supporting. Not everybody wants to switch to a separate chat client for the sake of having a small group chat.
ieb
Great idea
Miya
I like this, support :3
We can also do tag modding by this private chat, oh i love to see it. Having different channel to discuss an issue is kinda anoying =3=
Dark_Ai
yap yap a f*cking nice idea
Huskatron
+1
Kirino Kousaka

Ephemeral wrote:

This would be useful for IRC modding collab maps.
Wow, I've been wanting this. And finally here are people with the same idea \:D/ Support.
Shinzui
Here, have 8 stars. This would be perfect.
nrl

theowest wrote:

There must be an limit of some sort. Or else this would start to require moderating if things happen.
If the channels are created by users they can be self moderated by the user who created the channel by simply restricting the channel to be invite-only. The creator of the channel could have the power to silence users within the channel, remove users from the channel, blacklist users from the channel, limit the size of the channel, set whether invites can come only from the creator of the channel or from any player in the channel, and pass control of the channel to another user within the channel. Self-contained, non-persistent, private, and self-moderated. I don't see any problem with it other than implementation, and while this obviously isn't a super critical thing to have it would be a really nice feature if it were implemented that would surely see plenty of use.
shARPII
go go for this feature!
(have 3 stars for this)
Maneuver
support
Graphite Edge
support +1
show more