forum

Universal delay help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OdegardXD
Hi! So i recently got myself the Nothing Buds and i love them. I have also started using them for my PC but i have noticed that there is delay. On games like valorant i can bare with it but on osu it keep fucking me over. What should i set my Universal Offset to? I should prob mention that this is the first time i have ever used wireless "buds" or some sort of wireless earphones for my pc so idrk what the delay is.
Jangsoodlor
Generally, Bluetooth earphones (and Bluetooth devices in general) have a bit of a delay so you should avoid using them when playing games where delays matter.

Important: Universal Offset and Beatmap Offset go the opposite ways. As for Universal Offset, set it in the + range. But if you're setting beatmap offset, you should set it in the - range.
Lyawi
Not sure how good bluetooth transmitters are. At least I know someone who is actively using that, and he loves it. He plays and streams shooter gameplay though. In his case Sennheiser BT T100 maybe want to look into it?
Topic Starter
OdegardXD

Lyawi wrote:

Not sure how good bluetooth transmitters are. At least I know someone who is actively using that, and he loves it. He plays and streams shooter gameplay though. In his case Sennheiser BT T100 maybe want to look into it?
I dont really want to spend money on any other ones as i really like the ones i have myself

Jangsoodlor wrote:

Generally, Bluetooth earphones (and Bluetooth devices in general) have a bit of a delay so you should avoid using them when playing games where delays matter.

Important: Universal Offset and Beatmap Offset go the opposite ways. As for Universal Offset, set it in the + range. But if you're setting beatmap offset, you should set it in the - range.
I tried setting the Universal Offset in the + range but it never seemed to match up. Any tips on what i should maybe set it to and then fine tune it?.
Jangsoodlor

OdegardXD wrote:

I tried setting the Universal Offset in the + range but it never seemed to match up. Any tips on what i should maybe set it to and then fine tune it?.
Maybe try setting local offset in a beatmap that you're familiar AND doesn't have delay issues when using your old earphones first. Use the + and - keys before the song starts or during breaks to add or minus 5 ms of delays. And use Alt + and Alt - to fine-tune them further, if necessary. Once you're satisfied, apply the same offset to some other maps, test it, and then apply it to your universal offset. After that, reset your local offsets.

IMPORTANT: remember that universal and local offset go the opposite ways. So if your local offset is +5, your universal should be set to -5.
Topic Starter
OdegardXD

Jangsoodlor wrote:

OdegardXD wrote:

Maybe try setting local offset in a beatmap that you're familiar AND doesn't have delay issues when using your old earphones first. Use the + and - keys before the song starts or during breaks to add or minus 5 ms of delays. And use Alt + and Alt - to fine-tune them further, if necessary. Once you're satisfied, apply the same offset to some other maps, test it, and then apply it to your universal offset. After that, reset your local offsets.

IMPORTANT: remember that universal and local offset go the opposite ways. So if your local offset is +5, your universal should be set to -5.
I tried messing around but i just couldnt get it to sound right. I give up on this for now...