forum

Needing some tips to shift from 3 stars to 4 stars

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Byasbjr
I've been playing Osu Mania on and off for years but lately got back after wanting to play harder songs in Friday Night Funkin, so I've started practicing new patterns, training stamina and speed, struggling with long notes but starting to adapt, but now I found myself reaching a wall in 4 stars because I'm struggling to read and sometimes my wrists hurt too while playing the dense patterns

How do you guys manage to comfortably read these charts and play for a while without feeling any pain?

(Note: I play with wrists down and when I try to bring wrists up I start missing, I also use a membrane keyboard to play and can't figure out how to vibro with it)
Wimpy Cursed
iirc, 3.7* is when patterns start getting more dense. You're at a point where you need to focus more on consistency, and accuracy is your friend for that. I would suggest finding maps that you can achieve 95% in, then build up accuracy on those maps. This way, you are playing comfortably at your level with minimal strain, and of course, still improving.
Tcaph02
I've been there before too, when i thought that the 4 star wall was huge and was actually on the verge of quitting, but i still tried until i improve and started beating them. One thing for sure this slump is where you need to take in pattern recognition, accuracy and consistency (stated by the person above)

I wont dive too deep on those and just tell you how i did it for reference, Play Maps where you can, with confidence achieve an S rank and slowly build up your way, set goals, and put in effort on improving, don't be discouraged, this will ruin your enjoyment to the game and will make you play worse, as for stamina its really all about playing more because its something you gain overtime. As for the pain your having try not tensing too much or have proper position for your hands.

All in all its all about the enjoyment you have for the game, if you have fun, you will eventually improve, because your playing, which will build up consistency and confidence to challenge harder maps.

So yeah enjoy the game and i hope you can break the wall :D GL!!!
Kaaruumii
play a bunch of different songs you can mostly at least S rank and also try higher 4 stars to low 5 stars on HT
Topic Starter
Byasbjr

Wimpy Cursed wrote:

iirc, 3.7* is when patterns start getting more dense. You're at a point where you need to focus more on consistency, and accuracy is your friend for that. I would suggest finding maps that you can achieve 95% in, then build up accuracy on those maps. This way, you are playing comfortably at your level with minimal strain, and of course, still improving.
Yeah I got some maps I could barely get 95% on and might as well try to play them and try to get S rank on some 4* maps with HT

Tcaph02 wrote:

I've been there before too, when i thought that the 4 star wall was huge and was actually on the verge of quitting, but i still tried until i improve and started beating them. One thing for sure this slump is where you need to take in pattern recognition, accuracy and consistency (stated by the person above)

I wont dive too deep on those and just tell you how i did it for reference, Play Maps where you can, with confidence achieve an S rank and slowly build up your way, set goals, and put in effort on improving, don't be discouraged, this will ruin your enjoyment to the game and will make you play worse, as for stamina its really all about playing more because its something you gain overtime. As for the pain your having try not tensing too much or have proper position for your hands.

All in all its all about the enjoyment you have for the game, if you have fun, you will eventually improve, because your playing, which will build up consistency and confidence to challenge harder maps.

So yeah enjoy the game and i hope you can break the wall :D GL!!!
I found myself relying on instinct to hit the new patterns and eventually losing my combo so I think I'll grind 3*s on HR to make myself more comfortable with them

Kaaruumii wrote:

play a bunch of different songs you can mostly at least S rank and also try higher 4 stars to low 5 stars on HT
Yeah I had planned this before but only when I started dealing with too much density so I'll try that with HT and HR (especially long notes) thanks
Kaaruumii
one more tip i forgot to mention if the notes become extremely super dense and your scroll speed is too slow for you to read and your average mean is usually early (this means that you hit earlier on average) then its not a bad idea to go up by 1 scroll speed