forum

The hell is this "daily Challenge" box for?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Voidedosu

I just happened to see it while adding some players to my own challenge, and I can't find any substantial info on it other than a mention in the changelog that it's now visible.

Firstly, what the hell is it for?
Secondly, if the first answer doesn't explain it, how I can participate or otherwise I guess keep it out of sight if I don't want it?

edit: It could at least have some kind of link or whatever so I know where I'm going, yknow!
Aireunaeus
I also noticed it, yet it looks surprising that we can do challenges in osu after 17 years lol
bathbombman
It's for a lazer feature where a beatmap gets selected to be the "daily challenge" that isn't out yet
Topic Starter
Voidedosu

Aireunaeus wrote:

I also noticed it, yet it looks surprising that we can do challenges in osu after 17 years lol
wait, why are you back to Aireunaues? Is it because IAVS is back?

bathbombman wrote:

It's for a lazer feature where a beatmap gets selected to be the "daily challenge" that isn't out yet
So...any reason why they didn't keep it to the Lazer version of the site or why us stable users can't hide it?
shidqidragon
so for stable users it cannot hide it?
Happy Satoko

shidqidragon wrote:

not officially, but with ublock origin you can right click it and block the element.
maydari
IM TIRED OF FCKIN DAILIES PLS DONT MAKE ME BURN OUT ON THIS GAME TOO.
Arirret

maydari wrote:

Just don't play the daily if you're afraid of burning out?
YyottaCat
It's an obstruction to the eyes tbh...
- Marco -
It's being implemented, and then there will be a video/news post about it that will explain everything. Just be patient for now
cozyin
As long as it becomes functional for stable too, I'm all for it. I'm not switching to lazer until they fix performance issues.
- Marco -

cozyin wrote:

As long as it becomes functional for stable too, I'm all for it. I'm not switching to lazer until they fix performance issues.
stable is feature-locked so it will not happen. Also make sure to send feedback about your performance issues on GitHub
McEndu

Voidedosu wrote:

So...any reason why they didn't keep it to the Lazer version of the site or why us stable users can't hide it?
The stable version of the site is in a read-only functionally defunct state for years imo, not taking beatmap submission system and other stable network services into account

Regardless, I think this is better hidden outside lazer mode
Aireunaeus

Voidedosu wrote:

Aireunaeus wrote:

wait, why are you back to Aireunaues? Is it because IAVS is back?
Yeah lol 😭😭 i had to admit i kinda regretted the name choice lol
BigDun
Dailies. Dailies. Dailies.
Duck o-o

Happy Satoko wrote:

shidqidragon wrote:

not officially, but with ublock origin you can right click it and block the element.
i tried that but it only went temporarily aaaa ;-;
Golden Egg
Oh No, I really hope this does not become like geometry dash and by beating the daily you get pp that you can't get if you miss the daily.
I AM VERY SMART
Sylkian
Holy moly:/

New ranking system - who did the most daily challenges
Topic Starter
Voidedosu

maydari wrote:

You do know you don't have to do them, right?

Golden Egg wrote:

Oh No, I really hope this does not become like geometry dash and by beating the daily you get pp that you can't get if you miss the daily.
That is (hopefully) unlikely because it's a very shitty idea. And if they can't think of any other reward than that, then it should be disabled again until they do.
_Kancho_
I hope daily challenges will always include all gamemodes, not only standard
Kaaruumii

_Kancho_ wrote:

I hope daily challenges will include all gamemodes, not only standard
this, plus i hope its not too hard for others to be able to do but more or so a fun way to find new maps rather than just be a SOOPER UBER ELIT3 CH4LLENGE

edit: its std only shit update
Topic Starter
Voidedosu

_Kancho_ wrote:

I hope daily challenges will always include all gamemodes, not only standard
Ah, yeah, that, too. All of the game modes should get it, especially if it's just one map a day. Picking 4 maps is not that hard.

I just realized it might also be a good idea to bracketize it so that 7-digits could conceivably compete and win without anyone 400K and down won't roll them over with either simply better play or being able to 4-mod/hddtfl SS any map they see. I personally like the way I split the brackets in my monthly challenges, but even going per 100K and dropping a 0 as you lower the digits to the top 50/100 would work (so maybe 1M for 1M-3M, 100K from 999K-100K, 10K from 99-10K, 1K from 9.9-1K, 100 from 999-1)
Puppet
I like these daily challenges but they should indeed be for all modes idk if that means that you should have to complete all of them but maybe they could let you choose or just take your best performance or whatever
YyottaCat
The daily challenge boxes on non-std modes are removed. Could mean that there'll be separate daily challenges for non-std as well.