forum

How can I improve accuracy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
loihoangg
Hello everyone, I've only been playing Osu for 2 or 3 months, but I haven't had a single beatmap that's been rated or ssed, even if it's a 1-2 star map. I've tried fnf and my accuracy is amazing. up to 90-95% but in osu I rarely get to 80% why so what do people and I need to do to improve it?
-Crazy Frog
play easier maps. there are maps below 1 stars so you can get used to getting good accuracy on individual notes. beatmapsets?m=3&q=stars%3C1 if you want a specific key count just type in the search bar "keys=4" or "keys=7", whichever you play.

FNF has a very low accuracy to get Perfect on notes compared to osu! (I heard it's like OD 6.5) so you can kinda mash and still be rewarded
Kaaruumii
you should try the EZ mod to have an easier time with accuracy but mainly you should make sure to turn the effects audio to 0% because hitsounds kill your accuracy and its just better to listen to your keytaps synced with the song itself, you will need to adjust the offset to make this perfect but once you do it it will feel much better to play

alternatively you can try etterna with Judge 4 which does a similar thing to the EZ mod in osu
moths
Another thing you could try is changing the HitPosition in your mania skin's skin.ini file to find a height that feels more comfortable
Nanofranne
You simply retry the beatmaps you want until you're satisfied!
boiboss158
I don't know what note speed you have but it might help to turn it up higher. slower notes killed my accuracy when i started out
Stickman92
I averaged about 82%-92% when I was new to 7k. As I improved, so did my average accuracy, which is roughly 92%-98% now.

As for a tip, play both comfortable and challenging maps to improve. That way your acc and skill level should improve together.

Also, have fun.