forum

Is 7/5k unhealthy to your thumb?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MyAngelKolibri
I've played quite a bit of 7K, and found myself performing the best under some slight painkiller - it usually is a coffee.

I once thought coffee helps me to play better because of increased focus and stimulation, but in 7k in particular it is even more improtant for me - it lets my fingers flow freely, because I no longer feel pain of impact when I try to go fast.

I've never found a normal position for a thumb on a keyboard, and I don't really think there is one, considering you have to tap spacebar with a side of it anyway, has anyone thought of a solution or am I doing something wrong?
Kaaruumii
what are your keybinds for your other keys? i notice its harder to use my thumb the higher the set of keys im using are so maybe try either raising or lowering the other keybinds it may help
Stickman92
Flipping space bar upsidedown felt pretty good for my thumb.
FoolishGamming
Why not just stretch your thumb?
Topic Starter
MyAngelKolibri

Kaaruumii wrote:

what are your keybinds for your other keys? i notice its harder to use my thumb the higher the set of keys im using are so maybe try either raising or lowering the other keybinds it may help
Dude, absolutely, I checked some top players and have realised all of them have their fingers almost perpendicular to keys, did the same a few days ago and it fixed my spacebar pain, my keys were on a second row and now they are on the bottom one adjacent to spacebar, feels a lot more natural as I tap spacebar with a softer part of a thumb, that's it for this issue
YyottaCat
When you play for a while there'll be a thick layer of skin on the side of your thumb (like the type you get with heavy labor) so you no longer feel the pain. At least that's how it worked for me...