forum

osu! Public Release b1118

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ph0X

peppy wrote:

(+) Added toggle for forcing skin cursor over beatmap customisations (Options > Skin Selection).

(+) Added filter/search field to extended chat panel.

(+) Holding down shift while taking a screenshot will automatically upload it.
Saw these in changelog through the week, couldn't wait to finally try them.
Replay comments sound quite interesting too, didn't see that one coming :)

Just wondering, where does it upload the ss to? up.ppy.sh? And does it give you the link to it somewhere?
I usually use QuickShot which takes a screenshot, uploads to imageshack and gives you the link in your clipboard, but from what I've seen, you not the biggest fan of imageshack ;P
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3195/11012009162850.png
anonymous_old
(+) [peppy] Holding down shift while taking a screenshot will automatically upload it.
The one thing i was waiting for. <3
anonymous_old

Ph0X wrote:

Just wondering, where does it upload the ss to? up.ppy.sh? And does it give you the link to it somewhere?
I usually use QuickShot which takes a screenshot, uploads to imageshack and gives you the link in your clipboard, but from what I've seen, you not the biggest fan of imageshack ;P
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3195 ... 162850.png
Try it.
Gens
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ThePassingShadow
Did an osu! moderator really change my post to say that ? Wow... Grow up.
anonymous_old
Ekaru
Except the way ranked maps are going in the direction of tablet...
Bring it to the Map Difficulty Discussion topic, please. Anyways...

Shift + F12 is way more useful than I thought it would be. o.o; Makes modding much easier.

Replay comments are win. Really nice patch overall.

EDIT: Guided distance snap is nice too. I'll probably be using that for most of my maps now, actually.
Ph0X
Personal oppinion, but i beleive that replay comments is slightly pointless without replay seekbar :\.
Nowhere it says if a replay has any comments in the first place (probably does and I havn't noticed it yet).
Most comments come and go way to fast for me specially when I'm not even ready for it.

So yea a seek bar where you can see the different comments a different spots, pause to see then or just jump to them would actually give life to this new comment system. But right now, it's a cool idea, but I really don't see much potential in it.

[/2cent]
K2J

peppy wrote:

(+) Added new editor snapping mode (guided distance no-grid snap). When holding shift to bypass grid snapping, you can now snap to 45 degree angle lines. Hold ctrl and shift to bypass this altogether.
Woo hoo!

Also, what's the difference between "map" and "song" when commenting? Like, in case someone mapped the same MP3? I thought it was based on difficulty (e.g., map = [Easy], but song = [Easy] thru [Insane]), but apparently not.
anonymous_old
Putting some mark where comments are on the progress bar/pie would be nice, yes.
anonymous_old

K2J wrote:

Also, what's the difference between "map" and "song" when commenting? Like, in case someone mapped the same MP3? I thought it was based on difficulty (e.g., map = [Easy], but song = [Easy] thru [Insane]), but apparently not.
Song equates to map set.

For each map set (song), there are maps (difficulties).
For each map (difficult), there are replays (plays).
K2J
But that's not how it happens. I selected "Map" and it shows up for all difficulties.
FurukawaPan
Topic Starter
peppy
There will be more notification about the existence of comments in coming releases.
WyndII
OK, I've been waiting for this.lol
Comment support is awesome =D
It became a pause button too.
Also, if someone commented on a user's replay or map, can the user or the creator be notified?
Malajax
Better input support? Does that mean something like the ps2 tatacon wouldn't be so bad now?

I'd love to have a great taiko clone that actually supports it.
anonymous_old

Malajax wrote:

Better input support? Does that mean something like the ps2 tatacon wouldn't be so bad now?

I think it means better support for languages like Japanese which require/use special methods of input.
Malajax

strager wrote:

Malajax wrote:

I think it means better support for languages like Japanese which require/use special methods of input.
Nuts. I'd love to get more use out of this thing.
Topic Starter
peppy
you can use some kind of [lucky:aec99]joy2key[/lucky:aec99] program in the mean time for support of any controllers.
show more