forum

Rate the mapping technique - Round 13: ztrot Formations

posted
Total Posts

Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 (Read post before answering)

5 - Love them!
19.55%
18.27%
20.19%
16.03%
1 - Hate them!
25.96%
Total votes: 312
Topic Starter
m980
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
MegaManEXE
Wow you're on a roll lol

Uh...these things

I really hate them lol. I'm bad at jumps as it is, in particular horizontal jumps and also in particular zigzag jumps. So these are like my worst nightmare.

They're a cool pattern but I see them misused a lot.
anonymous_old
Although I like jumps, I find these annoying. It's basically a zig-zag pattern with hit circles (which I totally suck at) with small distance changes (which don't bother me). So, the fact that they zig-zag is an issue for me.
Ekaru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ztrot
:<
nomedeusuarionaodisp
I'm sure I haven't played any maps that have this, but damn it looks preeeeetty. Trying to jump with them might make me completely confused though... but asdf. They might be really cool if their timing and spacing is well-thought, and if it fits with the song.
Shinde

Cause I just missed a note in one of these on Feel Fine. ihu forever now. Otherwise, easy and usually fun to play. I think you might over-do them a little though Z. Lol.
Lybydose
Somewhat boring if the spacing is low, but awesome if its long enough to make large jumps.
Pasonia
If I am bad with reading maps I would cringe at this, but well, this is perfectly fine to me. It's somewhat similar to those reverse-jump-sliders except it's all hit-circles.
eee
mm201
3. Can be startling at first until you clue in to not trust the spacing.

Then they're okay as long as the jumps aren't dicky.
Nachy
minyeob
Idea's good but
It's bad for score rapers.
Sinistro
Spacing goes up, then down in a single combo? Whatever happened to spacing, am I that old fashioned?

2. If used anywhere else rather than Insane, 0.

Oh hey, my vote made the result bars symmetrical (8-14-10-14-8), kinda like this pattern. Heh.
Lilac
*ahem* I think these have also been done vertically, not just horizontally.

And if you want to know. The "Flyaway!!!" difficulty that had the massive ztrot spacing in it was actually mapped by Starrodkirby86. (Unless ztrot altered it after Kirb submitted the difficulty, which is very unlikely.)
ztrot
It was mapped by myself at one point but, starrod remade the diff keeping the spacing at the key points.
Lilac
Is that so then?

Dang...
Doomsday
2'd. I love jumps as much as the next guy, but jumps that gradually get bigger/smaller in the same combo are just.....no

They can be fun, but most of the time it doesn't work for me. thats why it got a 2 instead of a 1
anonymous_old

Doomsday93 wrote:

I love jumps as much as the next guy
Pfft.
Wojjan
show more