forum

[<o>] [VISIONS] [SD|HD|16:9] [STD|CTB] [<o>]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lilrawk
╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║ ░!░!░!░   [NOT RECOMMENDED FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH SCOPOPHOBIA OR TRYPOPHOBIA]    ░!░!░!░ ║
╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════╗   ╔══════════════════╗   ╔═══════╗   ╔═════════════════╗   ╔═════════════╗
╚════╗        ╚═══╝  ──────────────  ╚═══╝ [<•>] ╚═══╝  ─────────────  ╚═══╝ ╔═════════╗ ║
╔════╝  ╔╗                                                                   ╚═════════╝ ║
╚╗      ╚╝                           ─═══[VISIONS]═══─                                   ║                                                                                        ╔╝                                                                                       ║
║         ─═══[AN ESOTERIC, HIGH CONTRAST, MONOCHROME, CLEAR CROSSHAIR SKIN]═══─         ║
║                          ─═══[FOR OSU!STD 2.7 16:9 SD HD]═══─                          ║
║                                                                                        ║
║                  ─═══[FEATURING A FULL NEW SET OF IN-GAME SOUNDS]═══─                  ║
║                         ─═══[AND ENTIRELY ORIGINAL ASSETS]═══─                         ║
║                                                                                        ║
║                             ─═══[UPDATED: 06-01-2024]═══─                              ║
╚════════════════════╗                 ─═══[<o>]═══─                ╔════════════════════╝
t░░he░░░░░░v░░░░░o░id║   ─s═══════ta════╦═════════╦════════════r─   ║░es░░b░░░░░ac░░░k░░░.                                    ╔════════════════════╝                  ╚═════════╝                 ╚════════════════════╗
║                      ─═══[NOW FEATURING CATCH THE BONES MODE]═══─               ╔╗     ║
║ ╔═════════╗                                                                     ╚╝  ╔══╝
║ ╚═════════╝ ╔═══╗  ──────────────  ╔═══╗ [<•>] ╔═══╗  ──────────────  ╔═══╗         ╚══╗
╚═════════════╝   ╚══════════════════╝   ╚═══════╝   ╚══════════════════╝   ╚════════════╝
╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║ ─══ VSync [ON] ComboBurst [ON] HitLighting [ON] Shaders [ON] InterfaceVoices [ON] ═══─ ║
╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
║       ─═══ IgnoreAllBeatmapSkins [OFF] for color combos, [ON] for monochrome ═══─      ║

════<x>════
[VIEW]
═════════
[SCREENSHOTS]
═════════
═════════
═════════
═════════

═════════
═════════
═════════

═════════
═════════
═════════
═════════

═════════
═════════
═════════
═════════

[EXTENDED ALBUM]

═════════
═════════
[DOWNLOAD]
═══════[release versions]═══════

[VISIONS].osk 77.7MB
(06-01-2024) (polished all CTB! assets, added smaller alternate spinner in extras, adjusted several menu assets, level adjusted some sounds)

[VISIONS][lite].osk 54MB

═══════[pending versions]═══════

[COLORVISIONS].osk
(unfinished, pending release)

[QUEERVISIONS].osk
(limited beta release)

[GUILDERAN].osk

[BOXOFRAWKS].osk

═══════[sound sets]═══════

[VISIONS] sound set v2
(06-01-2024) (adjusted levels on slider_tick variants, menu sounds)

[VISIONS] sound set v3

═════════[CTB! VERSIONS]═════════

[CATCH THE BONES]
(ctb! assets in current full and lite releases)

[CATCH THE TITHES]
(ctb! assets in current full release extras)

[CATCH THE OFFERINGS][spirit]

[CATCH THE OFFERINGS][juicy!spirit]

═════════

[DEPRECIATED VERSIONS MEGAFOLDER]

═════════
═════════
[ABOUT]
═════════

This is my submission for Skinning Contest #5

═════════

Try out both std and ctb with [ignore all beatmap skins] turned off and shaders turned on for a splash of color without detracting from readability, to an extent. Beatmaps with very dark combo colors can make the approach circles nigh unreadable, (i play hidden so i dont care lol).

i personally use this skin with 85-95% opacity, but you can go kinda nuts with it if you're Like That. i use the cursor at 69%, but i have a pretty big monitor.

═════════

[OK BUT, WHY IS IT LIKE THAT]

This skin came about when i could not, for the life of me, find a crosshair clear skin that i liked back in like, 2019. So, i started making one. Somewhere along the way, it joined a cult, whoops!

i have bad astigmatism in both eyes, and most skins are really hard for me to read. Being a digital artist, i figured i could fix that. That being said, this skin was only ever designed for my own personal use, but since this contest came up, i figured i'd polish it up to share.

i guess the goal here was to make a skin that was equal parts functional and fuckin' weird, but cool. Every major std! gameplay asset has been thoroughly tested and redesigned accordingly for readability. Ctb! has not, and in time, i'd like to give it the same attention too. i just don't play it, so im not sure how this is gonna work. i'll figure it out later.

About the sounds, then. Honestly, it was kinda bound to happen. Band kid. Drumbrained. i own a 22" hangpan, a wooden guiro frog (his name is Guiorge), a tongue drum, a shit TON of brass bells, several kalimbas and ocarinas, a 4" brass singing bowl, a Neewer NW-800 (hooked up to a phantom), and a Novation Launchpad S. Yeah.

═════════

Plans for the future of this skin, making a straight-up-hideous-on-purpose clown vomit recolor, because sometimes it's fun to have waaaaaay too much color. i've done a beta version of [VISIONS] up like this in the past, and it's reads just as easily, it's just obnoxious. i like that. Another two versions, later on, will be themed around two of my ocs, potentially a third, because furry streamer things.

i also plan on doing the sounds over from scratch later this year, as i now have access to a quiet recording area. The current hitsounds are made only of samples recorded from my hangpan and Guiorge, and had to be heavily scrubbed of background noise, reverb added back in to cover the flattening effect. Heavy on the bass because bass good. i have lots of other fun sounds to record and use too now, so it's gonna be a cool project to pry at.

[No cultists were harmed in the making of this skin.]

═════════
[EASTER EGGS]
═════════

[<1>]
[<1>]══[fruit-pear-overlay.png]═[Berlin Archaeopteryx fossil]═[GhoztTime]══[05:31:24]
The roughly drawn crow skeleton is posed in reference to the most well known Archaeopteryx Lithographica fossils, the Berlin Specimen. It's a cool dinosaur.

[<?>]══[REDACTED]══[REDACTED]═[FOUND BY]═[mm:dd:yy]

═════════
═════════
[CREDITS]

This skin is loosely based on an art piece of mine of the same name, which can be found here. It is, however, not at all present in this current release of the skin because i actually forgot i made it at all until i checked my redbubble for a different link three minutes ago. Whoops!

Tools used:
opencanvas 1.1
gimp
audacity
ableton live 11 lite
wacom intuos3
wacom bamboo pen
windows 10
22" hangpan
guiro frog
neewer nw-800
novation launchpad s

Other art not made specifically for this skin (that is used in this skin somewhere) can be found on my webbed sight in the portfolio here, and here, as well as elsewhere online, on my redbubble, and cohost and on my cohost again.

All sounds were custom made for this skin, including an alternate applause.ogg, titled <[@])}}}=-< and credited as [SECONDHAND BONES], which is a pseudonym of mine that i haven't publicly released anything under yet. Gettin' there.

thank u for your time! :>
════<o>════

[It's safe to close your eyes now.]
GhoztTime
WOO !! Best of luck, this skin's awesome
Topic Starter
lilrawk

GhoztTime wrote:

WOO !! Best of luck, this skin's awesome
yours is way cooler tho holy shit the animations and everything

gl too!!!
NyuPenyu
*insert bad to the bone riff here*
furry hater
this is so epic

been looking over this skin's progress for quite a while
hayoung
these hitsounds are so satisfying
Topic Starter
lilrawk

NyuPenyu wrote:

*insert bad to the bone riff here*

furry hater wrote:

this is so epic

been looking over this skin's progress for quite a while
aaaa thank you! it's been a real learning experience that im glad i took on, it's so nice to see others enjoying it as well!!

hayoung wrote:

these hitsounds are so satisfying
(i am melting)

this means a lot to me, i spent a decent amount of time learning there, and at some point i intend on sprucing them all up with a full re-recording and remastering now that i have space in my studio to record properly. The original clips needed heavy editing that took a lot of the hangpan flavor out, but it resulted in that horrible combobreak, so maybe there's a blessing in disguise?

aaaaa thankyouallsomuch ;; (dies)
lamotrigine
yoooo this is so cool and it reminds me of terminal 00 (idk if that was intentional)
Topic Starter
lilrawk

lamotrigine wrote:

yoooo this is so cool and it reminds me of terminal 00 (idk if that was intentional)
Oh thank you! i do not know what that is, i'll have to look it up!