forum

Video Game Difficulty - Survey

posted
Total Posts

Which Video-Game difficulty do you pick when starting a game?

Easy
13.04%
Normal
60.87%
Hard
26.09%
Hardcore / Anything further than just 'hard'
0.00%
Total votes: 23
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Ymir
Wondering which difficulties that forum users like to play their games (in games which have adjustable difficulties). You can only pick one option, so choose the option you think applies the most.
Aireunaeus
I usually use normal as easy stuff gets too easy
Patatitta
depends on the game, but normal
Karmine

Patatitta wrote:

depends on the game, but normal
Same, usually normal or whatever the intended experience is, sometimes for some reason the "base" difficulty is hard (then there's whatever the fuck Valkyrie Profile's difficulty settings are).
On some games like Ace Combat I always go for the hardest difficulty because they offer the best experience.
sametdze
hard mode
Wimpy Cursed
Usually hard mode. I feel like it enforces you to learn the mechanics of a game faster.
Trial and error sort of thing.
stevennnn
Definitely easy! I gotta get the hang of things, no matter how slow or boring it is. I mean, if it's that bad, I'll just adjust difficulty later on.
happycat_0708
if its some sort of a rpg game with some battles
then i pick normal difficulty

but it depends either.
Duck o-o
i always pick hard
hardcore or any other name of difficulty above hard just becomes tedious

althoughhhh in games like terraria where attack patterns change i just pick hardest on whatever mod it is/playthrough
synthwavesquid
i pick hard more often than i should with how it turns out, but it does make things more interesting
Reyalp51
Normal is supposed to be what the devs intended. Difficulty modes in games are mostly trash since most games just give more health to enemies and call it hard mode, and then theres the games that in easy are a joke on normal they are also a joke and then in hard its impossible. Balancing games its hard so the best you can do as a dev imo is just have just one difficulty and maybe an assist mode
Karmine

Reyalp51 wrote:

Normal is supposed to be what the devs intended. Difficulty modes in games are mostly trash since most games just give more health to enemies and call it hard mode, and then theres the games that in easy are a joke on normal they are also a joke and then in hard its impossible. Balancing games its hard so the best you can do as a dev imo is just have just one difficulty and maybe an assist mode
Yeah most game difficulty settings are just bad. Usually games with no settings tend to be more balanced and have good progression.
Some games have real differences between difficulty levels but when it's to the point of locking content behind a difficulty settings that's no good either.
ClevelandsMyBro
the one recommended by the game
reffty_gag
I want to be a normal people