forum

Any gacha gamers?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
stevennnn
Who else plays gacha games? I know the live service aspect can be a turn-off to some, but having regular updates and new content is the main reason I keep coming back to them. They're also convenient as they're almost always available to download on your smartphone. The gambling aspect, though...

I play Project Sekai (Japanese server) and I'm in a install-delete relationship with Honkai Star Rail lol
Ymir
I loved Genshin Impact, though it wasn't my first Gacha game it did feel like one that I truly enjoyed. I deleted it though because I just can't keep sacrificing storage space on my laptop for the updates.
I do have Blue Archive, but it's been a few weeks since I've played it and I need to get back into it.
As for other Gacha's I never really found them enjoyable. I played Summoners War when I was like 10 years old, but it's a pretty shit game.
Patatitta
I played genshin a lot a year or so back but i'm not getting back any gacha ever again
AxisPraxisMDS
I recently Started Playing Limbus Company Because My neuron Activated Cuz That One limbus company Fanart
Rizumu Tenshi
Dang, I've got QUITE the history with gacha games, to the point I may not even recall all of the ones I play(ed).

So, uh...the list is too long I'll split it upon THREE(?) boxes.

Service Terminated
  1. Love Live! School idol festival
    My introduction title to gacha games, but it's a rhythm game at the end of the day.
    As a gacha, however, it being a 2013 game meant gacha standards back then are considered unfathomable--1% for the highest rarity, awaken using a DUPE of the card, and so on...
  2. Aikatsu! Photo on Stage!!
    Imagine flashing a dedicated custom ROM for this game. That's how I took the game seriously, but with the resources I could harvest as a non-paying player. The game had quite the flaws, though, but it was a nice jubeat to pick up...if you didn't mind the Hoshimiya Ichigo bias.
  3. Battle Girl High School
    This game had it rough for the entire duration of its service, game in itself not my experience. It also doesn't help that I started at a late time, probably when its downfall started. This one wasn't a rhythm game, yet it had timing-based actions...
  4. PriPara: PriPuz
    I already miss this game. It was the perfect time-killer when I got nothing to do in university. Gameplay was also pretty simple, but the major mistake here was attempting to sell a gacha game to the younger audience.
  5. Precure: Tsunagaru Pazurun
    PriPuz but if the board was a bit of a hexagon. I'm NOT really a fan of Precure, though...
  6. Dragalia Lost
    Never forgiven, Nintendo. Nintendo + Cygames really was quite the combination, and the game DID deliver, but not only did I find not really anyone to share this with, but I also had my own problems *cough*-phone-*cough*-theft-*cough* which kept me from playing this to the very end.
  7. Kirara Fantasia
    First of all I'm NOT a yuri fan, let's get this out first.
    Probably one of the more unique RPGs out there......at least until Honkai: Star Rail took the same concept and packaged it in a Chinese predatory telemetry game. This one was kind of high-profile, though, despite the incompetitive devteam, because quite the series like GochiUsa and Bocchi the Rock were in here (Manga Time Kirara after all). This game was QUITE stingy, however, and it took years for it to catch up a bit to few regulations, and even then it was still quite exhausting in all aspects. At the end of the day I quit it because I needed my guys as well (Acchi Kocchi also joined this game, but without Io and Sakaki, and that was the nail in the coffin).
  8. SHOW BY ROCK!! Fes A Live
    What happens when you "merge" three games' gameplay style? This happened. It was workable, but same problem as Dragalia Lost. It even ended its service before I could get a new phone......
  9. Sevens Story
    I also miss this game. While its gameplay is basically Fire Emblem, it actually had quite the content going for it, but then this game had one strong point: Collabs. Too many collabs, even. Imagine assembling Noumi Kudryavka and Filo and Princess Kukuri in the same team, and then Mimi......
  10. World Flipper
    Pinball gacha. You know what pinball means. This one I managed to see to the very end, but hey, it left some offline memorial (and so did SHOW BY ROCK!! Fes A Live). So long as the storage is fine, I'm not thinking of deleting that.
In Service (Quit)
  1. Granblue Fantasy
    When the game is pretty generous but at the end of the day it's a grindfest, and a neverending one at that...at least I pulled all the Yaias I need and decided to call it "thanks, I'm done", because even Yaia doesn't interest me nowadays. And I'm not down to a game like this, my time is limited.
  2. Puzzle & Dragons
    This isn't Enhance, thanks. I didn't do much here, actually, because the gameplay was only interesting to an extent. Ronove, though...
  3. THE IDOLM@STER Million Live! Theater Days
    iM@S as a whole doesn't really click with me, but this game really takes the "idols" aspect seriously, even as a rhythm game. It's an easy one, though.
  4. THE IDOLM@STER Shiny Colors
    How to NOT design a game that can appeal to everyone. Not only is this game SUPER stingy, but almost all banners require PAID jewels, and almost every idol in this game, Produce and Support, is limited, with no reruns, so...
  5. BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!
    This game is what made me realise I'm a malexfemale guy. As a rhythm game it doesn't even appeal anymore...or at least until the really difficult SPECIALs got added, but even then I don't mess with those. Arcaea Instincts. Also I can just make do with Sonolus so Bandori can just F off.
  6. Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Fantastic Days
    Priconne if it was a Konosuba thing. Details in the third "In Service (Active)" box.
  7. Genshin Impact
    Genshit. Period.
  8. Project Sekai: Colorful Stage! feat. Hatsune Miku
    Another craze started with this game, but this one itself no longer appeals to me. Oh and it ruined itself with the Gekichumai collabs (the maimai/Chunithm/Ongeki ones), so I guess I'll just pass on the Wonderhoys and save myself the trouble with, well, Abstruse Dilemma and Arghena......
In Service (Active)
  1. Princess Connect! Re:Dive
    The only gacha game I take seriously.
    This game changed the gacha scene. For good. It also paved the way for how Blue Archive would run, to name a close example. It uses a star-based rarity system yes, but if you think of it, 5 stars overall but the highest gacha rarity is 3 means, well, you can work it out to get the remaining 2 stars for this, aka "Ascension". It also uses some other materials, like Unique Equipments and 6-star Ascensions to keep things balanced, arena and clan battles, to ensure no one complains about stuff like a certain yukata black cat breaking the game or some damned Unlimited Maho Works. It kind of has few controversial stuff nowadays, though, but it's still enjoyable.
    Do note, however, that this game is practically an AFK Arena of some sorts, where almost everything is automated and you just focus on building your characters, so...oh and this is how most games of this style handle things now, including Konofan up there in the second box.
    As a side note, this game is where my Mimi comes from.
  2. Uma Musume: Pretty Derby
    Cygames gone stingy. You could say it's the same as iM@S Shiny Colors, but at least there's zero limited stuff here......right...? The races as well are FULi AUTO, if you catch my drift here, but it's all RNG here and I hate RNG, so I don't take this game seriously. A future game looks to be built on this game's system, though.
  3. THE IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: Starlight Stage
    The only iM@S that clicked...and rotted. Nothing much to mention here, actually, aside from the idea it has a PC client that's truly playable.
  4. Blue Archive
    Priconne in Korean. Pretty harsh, though.
  5. Honkai: Star Rail
    No I'm not really active in this one, I simply got Clara and am resting so easy after that.
Obscure Mentions
  1. Pretty Rhythm: Shake (Service Terminated)
    I have no idea how to describe this one......
  2. Girl Friend (BETA) (In Service/Quit)
    Cookie Clicker RNG. And this one is age-old, with its verification and stuff, oh and its insane pay-to-win level. Glad I left this one...
  3. Girl Friend Note (Service Terminated)
    LLSIF but with the middle lane being some light thingamajig instead.
  4. 8 beat Story (In Service/Quit)
    When you merge LLSIF and iM@SCGSS.
  5. Idoly Pride (In Service/Quit)
    I don't remember this one!! Sorry!!
  6. World Dai Star: Yume no Stellarium (In Service/Active)
    PSekai??? Jokes aside, there's one feature here that's actually pretty interesting, and that's when you got mid-slide flicks that DON'T change lanes.
  7. Tokyo 7th Sisters (In Service/Quit)
    Multiple renewals and the game is still kind of standing, I gotta respect this. The latest renewal turned it into a complete Chunithm Mobile, though.
  8. THE IDOLM@STER POP LINKS (Service Terminated)
    PriPuz. Period.
  9. DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme Venus Vacation (In Service/Quit)
    Automatic BEACH volleyball anyone?
  10. Yuru Camp: Tsunageru Minna no All-in-One!! (In Service/Quit)
    Uma Musume but if you're a fan of Yuru Camp. Available worldwide, unironically.

Lately I try to focus on JUST the one gacha game I take seriously (third box), and rather kill time (when nothing to do) with visual novels and actual retail games and proper rhythm games like Arcaea and Phigros until something shows up (Angular 17 I'm looking at you).

EDIT: I forgot two games.
ClevelandsMyBro
not anymore because genshin destroyed my will of playing gacha
MusicRitman
I play gachas sometimes, but I usually stop playing after a month or so.
ToryxBanana
Eyy fellow pjsk player! I do play Genshin Impact, but way less than pjsk. Wuthering Waves recently came out and the graphics seem to be really good, but I do not have the storage for it. If you're on the lookout for new gacha games you could try it?
MangaGrumpy
me lol
Polyspora
no.
I AM VERY SMART
The only gacha game I played was yokai watch punipuni
Jangsoodlor
I play blue archive
I AM VERY SMART
I hate modern gacha games like genshin, hokai or whatever

It's just stealing
Topic Starter
stevennnn

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

It's just stealing
Girl every gacha ever made is stealing according to ur rules
I AM VERY SMART

stevennnn wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

It's just stealing
Girl every gacha ever made is stealing according to ur rules
Exactly

Everyone should spend their money on useful things instead of gacha games

Unfortunately, people are blind 🤡
xch00F
I spent a bunch of money on pad several years ago and it was causing problems so I nuked my account, made a new one where I used nothing but farmables to clear a bunch of content and made some people (ie whales) incredibly mad by being objectively better than them at the game
tried this with arknights too, that one's a pretty competent tower defense game imo
most gachas are pretty bad tho
AnnaRazy
out of all gacha games, i only play cookie run
i also tried genshin back in 2021, but i quicky quit that game
I AM VERY SMART

AnnaRazy wrote:

Isn't cookie run similar to clash of clans?
AnnaRazy

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

AnnaRazy wrote:

idk, never played clash of clans
Jangsoodlor

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

AnnaRazy wrote:

it's more similar to flappy birds actually
98Alex99
I've been playing Genshin since it released and I still enjoying it to this day (but I had to take some moths off because the game was so boring in the dead versions). Because the story is so good and the characters they release are really cool I keep coming back from my hiatus times.

I tried out other gacha games like HSR, HI3, ZZZ, WuWa, Punishing Gray Raven, Blue Archive and Tower of Fantasy (yeah I played that buggy game when it was released, cleared the map to 100% completion and left lmao) but I only kept playing Blue Archive. The reasons I kept playing BA are simple good story, good music, good characters, good community (god I love the community), good gacha system, no insane time-consuming grinding (as there ain't RNG in this game) and it's the most f2p friendly game I've seen​. The other games had that "something" (it may be a character, combat or gacha system etc.) that made me want to give them a try but end up borign me because I can't dedicate my life to playing all of the gacha games only because of one or few aspects of the game (and ain't no way I'll be farming again like I did in genshin all these years).

So in the end I only play Genshin and Blue Archive and do it daily, it takes only 30 minutes of my day and gives me hours of joy when I have more time.
Rezq Gokou
I quit them for Deadlock
Patatitta

Rezq Gokou wrote:

I quit them for Deadlock
AxisPraxisMDS
LIMBUS COMPANY
Ymir

Rezq Gokou wrote:

I quit them for Deadlock
You must really love loading screens.