forum

What is your recently or latest bought Manga?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
her everything
Inspired by AxisPraxis's thread in the VG Subforum.

I bought a few mangas lately. Mostly because i had the money to buy them and generally find the physical ones aesthetically better compared to digital.

In the last few days, I have bought Black Lagoon (2003) and Berserk (1989) as some of my friends reccomended me to read it. Today, i bought Nichijou (2006), because it has those stickers in it, to decorate my Laptop. Sadly, i accidentally tore one of the stickers in half and looks weird.... Nevertheless im happy with my results lel
Patatitta
last manga I bought was the last volume of girls last tour, one of the greatest manga of all time, a few months before that, I bought the first volume of ping pong, another great manga

I only buy for collecting purpouses, I always read digitally really

also nichijou is based, my favourite comedy manga/anime/thing
Topic Starter
her everything

Patatitta wrote:

last manga I bought was the last volume of girls last tour, one of the greatest manga of all time, a few months before that, I bought the first volume of ping pong, another great manga

So basically girls last tour is done? I should read it aswell. It looks cool and has this slice of life comedy vibe lel.
Patatitta

My Angel Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

So basically girls last tour is done? I should read it aswell. It looks cool and has this slice of life comedy vibe lel.
nah I only bought the last volume since it's the best, I don't have the kind of money to buy the entire collection, GLT is really fucking good, not exactly comedy tho
1soupra

My Angel Anaxii wrote:

I bought a few mangas lately. Mostly because i had the money to buy them and generally find the physical ones aesthetically better compared to digital.

In the last few days, I have bought Black Lagoon (2003) and Berserk (1989) as some of my friends reccomended me to read it. Today, i bought Nichijou (2006), because it has those stickers in it, to decorate my Laptop. Sadly, i accidentally tore one of the stickers in half and looks weird.... Nevertheless im happy with my results lel

For me it was kaiju no. 8 volume 7 and 8. IMO its a pretty cool series, but its definably not for everyone. I just like seeing fights.
Spectrogan
Bought the Komi can't communicate manga last day(vol. 6)
i read volumes 2-5 from my sister, but after seeing the anime, I was flabbergasted
Im desperate to buy the manga but i feel like its not worth it
So i kinda need help from otaku nerds
just tell me to either continue with the manga, or the anime
Patatitta

Spectrogan wrote:

Bought the Komi can't communicate manga last day(vol. 6)
i read volumes 2-5 from my sister, but after seeing the anime, I was flabbergasted
Im desperate to buy the manga but i feel like its not worth it
So i kinda need help from otaku nerds
just tell me to either continue with the manga, or the anime
my advice is that if you ONLY read manga in physical, you should just watch the anime as the komi cant communicate manga is long and either you spend a lot of money or you read it over a very long ammount of time. However, the anime isn't a full adaptation, so you can just watch the anime, and then just read all the volumes that are not adapted

so yeah, just watch the anime and then continue with the mangas.

for future purchases of other series, to avoid this problem I would recommend buying the mangas that doesn't have an anime adaptation just yet. There are many great ones and you wont be faced with this moral dilemma
ClevelandsMyBro
bought the first 2 volumes of takagi san and the second volume of chainsaw man for a train ride
Topic Starter
her everything

1soupra wrote:

My Angel Anaxii wrote:

For me it was kaiju no. 8 volume 7 and 8. IMO its a pretty cool series, but its definably not for everyone. I just like seeing fights.
Looks like an interesting manga. Action always have the best scenes
——
I have bought Vinland Saga and Jujutsu Kaisen chp. 0 the reason i bought the 0 instead of 1 was because i wasn’t sure if i miss on the 1st chapter if i skip it
Patatitta
what volumes of vinland did you buy?

also yeah, JJK zero is like a weird prequel thing, not needed
Topic Starter
her everything

Patatitta wrote:

So far I’ve bought the first one. The retailer didn’t have the remaining ones yet

Damn i could literally buy the first one then when the prequel isn’t really needed
Patatitta

My Angel Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

So far I’ve bought the first one. The retailer didn’t have the remaining ones yet

Damn i could literally buy the first one then when the prequel isn’t really needed
buying the entirity of viland saga in physical will end up being over 300€, keep that in mind if you want to keep on that route

also wait, whenever you said you bought black lagoon, berserk and nichijou, what volumes did you buy exactly?
Topic Starter
her everything

Patatitta wrote:

My Angel Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

buying the entirity of viland saga in physical will end up being over 300€, keep that in mind if you want to keep on that route

also wait, whenever you said you bought black lagoon, berserk and nichijou, what volumes did you buy exactly?
All 1s. The retailer didn’t have every volume of them and some are like chapter 10s n stuff
Topic Starter
her everything
Gonna buy jjk volume 1 rq lel
Patatitta
bough the first volume of usuzumi no hate, was very surprised it was published here and I wanted to support the author since it's a pretty recent manga and all

Topic Starter
her everything

Patatitta wrote:

bough the first volume of usuzumi no hate, was very surprised it was published here and I wanted to support the author since it's a pretty recent manga and all

Reminds me of seraph of the end. Nevertheless looks interesting to read

Btw i have bought jjk volume one lel
Patatitta
not even remotely similar to seraph of the end, completely different genre
Topic Starter
her everything

Patatitta wrote:

not even remotely similar to seraph of the end, completely different genre
Hmm at least the atmosphere reminded me of it
MeltedWaffles
"I want to end this love game"