forum

Custom hitsounds problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NightBush
So I put some custom hitsounds in the local skins folder and renamed them (normal-hitclap, etc.) and now all that did was so the hit sounds aren't playing at all, what am I doing wrong here?
JustABeginner
Hi NightBush!
There could be different approach why this may happen.

Do you mean "hit sounds aren't playing at all" by the custom hitsound is using the wrong sound during some maps? If so:
- Try uncheck/disable "Ignore beatmap hitsounds" in the settings.

Else, if you're talking about your hitsound still having the default hitsound - I assume you just started adding the custom hitsound in, perhaps:
- Check your skin folder if there's any other file named normal-hitclap etc. Especially the .wav file type since that is the most prioritised file to be check upon when using a custom hitsound.

- Check where do you locate the skin file if it's the same as the skin folder you been too.

- Reload your skin by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Alt + S keys altogether.

If none of these solutions worked, may you clarify more about the problem to us?
Topic Starter
NightBush
hm, reloading the skins did seem to resolve the hit sounds back to default, which is better than nothing.

I do have a combo break sound and a combo burst image in the same folder (i only use one), the hitsounds are in .wav format and they both work perfectly fine and none of the forementioned things worked :/

the hit sounds i'm trying to put to work are also the only ones in that particular folder.

i also tried messing with the other hitsound settings but none of them seemed to help.
JustABeginner
How about download any custom skins - you may go here: https://compendium.skinship.xyz/ - and then replace the custom hitsounds with yours to see if it also plays on another skin? If the same problem occurs, it could be that it is your custom hitsound.

I doubt it might be this problem but have you check the name of the file if you've spelled them correctly:

normal-hitnormal | normal-hitwhistle | normal-hitclap | normal-hitfinish
soft-hitnormal   | soft-hitwhistle   | soft-hitclap   | soft-hitfinish
drum-hitnormal   | drum-hitwhistle   | drum-hitclap   | drum-hitfinish

Otherwise, may I check your skin?
Topic Starter
NightBush
Hi, I managed to fix absolutely everything by, like you suggested, importing a whole folder so thank you so much for all the help :D