forum

lets start playing osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
yqx
Hi guys, I just started playing osu and I wanted to introduce myself as well as see if anyone has any tips for me. All help and welcome appreciated!

Question: when should I do my first like hard level?
Hachiman Ryouta
Hi and welcome to osu! and to the forum. I am not an std. player so i can't help you with tips sorry. But if you ever feel interested in mania i can help and share my beatmaps with you.
Topic Starter
yqx
std???????
Hachiman Ryouta

yqx wrote:

std???????
Yes, Osu! Has 4 Rhythym games: standard, mania, catch, taiko.
Topic Starter
yqx
OHH I THOUGHT SOMETHING ELSE- never mind actually
reinosk
i played all osu modes, quit std and now only mania. playing std without using a tablet is very difficult for me lol

yqx wrote

yqx wrote:

Hi guys, I just started playing osu and I wanted to introduce myself as well as see if anyone has any tips for me. All help and welcome appreciated!

Question: when should I do my first like hard level?

i found this blog, maybe you can refer to it

https://guidescroll.com/2016/10/osu-improving-yourself-guide/
sametdze
play all game modes and see which one you like. there's a little tab somewhere on the bottom of the song select where you can select your game mode. personally i only play standard, so i would only know stuff about the gamemode where you click the circles.

now, for your question, i'm assuming you mean the hard mode that comes with songs/beatmaps, and not what you find hard. those hard mode beatmaps/songs are usually 3 stars. in order to test yourself to see if you are ready, try playing it. if you're able to hit the first 10 circles while scoring either 100 or 300 points, i'd say you'd be able to manage it. if not, you gotta work a little harder. honestly, this goes for every new difficulty when you encounter.

have fun playing osu! maybe you will be top player??