forum

How to search for beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
doraemon0627
How can I search for beatmaps using filters like "star>3" with osu api?
And could you explain what "cursor_string" is?
CuredyYT
might wanna go to wiki you can look at at the shortcuts there
Blushing

CuredyYT wrote:

the wiki doesnt include api documentation, only docs/index.html#introduction includes it.

doraemon0627 wrote:

From the glance that i've done, it looks that querying based on specific info isn't exposed/expressly permitted. Youd have download the data from beatmaps (like a lot of them) then you could filter based on their json data, but im not exactly sure you are wanting to do that everytime you want to search for a beatmap.

Sooo, why not just use the website? You can put in the search "stars>3" in the search bar and itll give you filtered results.
Topic Starter
doraemon0627

Blushing wrote:

CuredyYT wrote:

the wiki doesnt include api documentation, only docs/index.html#introduction includes it.

doraemon0627 wrote:

From the glance that i've done, it looks that querying based on specific info isn't exposed/expressly permitted. Youd have download the data from beatmaps (like a lot of them) then you could filter based on their json data, but im not exactly sure you are wanting to do that everytime you want to search for a beatmap.

Sooo, why not just use the website? You can put in the search "stars>3" in the search bar and itll give you filtered results.
Thanks for the reply. Actually I figured it out. You can just use "/beatmapsets/search" and get a query string form the web page and add that to the end like "/beatmapsets/search?m=3&q=star>3"