forum

[added] Re-opening #Hebrew

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +634
show more
Hezu_old_1
I SUPPORT
Hebrew channel all the way!!! :)
and i voted
vote people VOTE!
CookChefSteak
h-hey.. p-peppy-kun... we're here.. waiting....
Tarix

CookChefSteak wrote:

h-hey.. p-peppy-kun... we're here.. waiting....
HEEYYYY NOTICE US SENPAI :<<
#hebrew we are waiting for you #neverforgetz
Avishay
#hebrew INTESTIFIES
Topic Starter
MrPotato
Peppy start acting Kakoii and giff us #hebrew!
CookChefSteak
PEPPY-KUN

haiii
OVER HERE
Avishay
Um, I dunno how the voting system works, but I added the 24 votes I had just now :O
xenotic1
We need that channel
MikuHana
That would be pretty awesome tbh >,>

Notice me senpai~ :o
Tarix

MikuHana wrote:

That would be pretty awesome tbh >,>

Notice me senpai~ :o
Senpai never notcie peppy-senpai pliz review this :<
Milkshake
( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
dcv
im spent
i dont even speak hebrew
how did I get here

may every language have their own cancerous chat
fuck yeah equality

goodbye
Topic Starter
MrPotato

Kayo wrote:

im spent
i dont even speak hebrew
how did I get here

may every language have their own cancerous chat
fuck yeah equality

goodbye
<33333333333333
PEPPY-KUN NOTICE US!
Soarezi
Giving stars because of milkshake-sembai
Milkshake
thnek u soaz chan
kisata
i give star 2
Milkshake
omg thenk my frends
NotThat
So how does this work? I see the same thing going on the #Balkan thread as happens here, with the local community making noise and a show of hands in hope to get their channel. Personally I would suggest changing how the in-game channel system works to allow creating and joining custom channels, this would allow communities to form themselves without the need of mods intervening. Alternatively just create a 'language' category within the main channel list that expands into the dozens and dozens of different languages so that users can find the channel suited for them. Ideally allow users to enable auto-join to their favorite channel whenever Osu! loads up.

I realize Peppy is very busy and that these things take time to implement. Until the chat system can be looked at, can we have the few extra language specific channels we are asking for on forum added? Should only take a minute to do so. The communities can be happy, spammage on forum is kept to a minimum, in-game activity rises, everyone is happy. Win-win, surely.
Noobita
you guys are so cute... thinking that anyone gives a fuck about this except us c:
Jethh
Fair enough, good luck guys.
Tarix

Noobita wrote:

you guys are so cute... thinking that anyone gives a fuck about this except us c:
i always knew you thought im cute ♥
Topic Starter
MrPotato

Noobita wrote:

A MAN CAN ALWAYS DREAM
NotThat

Look at all those people, this looks like a thriving community.

...If only I had some way to speak to them.
Lust
send them a private message then!?!
NotThat
One on one conversations, sure. How about a multiple participants conversation?

Do I really need to make the argument for the importance of chat rooms?
shavit
עכשיו הלא קשור: הפועל זונההההההההה
TheVileOne
I say let them have their channel. If they act up without a mod present, it can just be removed like the Romanian channel. There seems to be at least some people who would use it regularly.
Topic Starter
MrPotato

TheVileOne wrote:

I say let them have their channel. If they act up without a mod present, it can just be removed like the Romanian channel. There seems to be at least some people who would use it regularly.
The thing is, we have our own skype conversation with arround 30 people already in it and active in the call, but we dont have everyone's skype and not everyone has one, so we figured why not suggest #hebrew to re-open. there should be a decent amout of people to be active in it since our skype call is always alive and active. I hope ONE DAY maybe just ONE DAY we might see our own #hebrew.
A MAN(OR A WOMAN) CAN ALWAYS DREAM!
NotThat
I saw the channel selection menu got a face-lift in today's patch. Was very disappointed to see still no #Hebrew channel.
How about creating a channel so we can use the new chat interface?
Avishay
#balkan thread request has been opened 6 months before this thread was and we have 140~ more stars, so..
NotThat
So obviously this isn't happening and the not understanding part is making this quite frustrating. From my perspective opening a channel would be the easiest thing in the world to do. I'm not quite sure why the in-game chat system doesn't include player made chat rooms, but I can understand if that would be something that requires extra work to implement. The only official response and reasoning I've been able to find is 'chat rooms require meeting a certain thresh hold of activity in order to be kept open', but I don't understand the cost of leaving such rooms open if the local community wants it.

Is it some sort of over-arching view that all in-game chat must be moderated, and moderating many small chat rooms requires resources?
Is there a requirement of having a mod around that can speak the local language?
Is it a desire to keep the channel list nice and pretty and down to a minimum?
Is it a desire not to split the already limited Osu community down into even smaller sized bits? Because I can tell you right now I would easily chat more in #Hebrew than I currently do in all of the other channels combined (I very rarely type a line or two in #Osu.) Not because I have a hard time with English (although I know for a fact we have members of the Israeli community who communicate only in Hebrew), but because of the feeling of camaraderie you have with the people who happen to live in the same place you do. The game already incorporates this to some extent by letting supporters view the scores rankings of their own countries, as well as binning players based on nationality on the website. Giving them their own channel is only a logical step in this view.

Help me understand so that maybe I won't have to feel so bad for not getting this huge quality of life change that ATM seems to me would be trivial to implement.
PyaKura
you guys sound like you're homeless ;-;

Give them their home ;-;
Coffee Hero
Here, have stars
Corin
My stuff has been complaining to me lately about files to generate stats for and I don't have the heart to remove the old logs.
Starred. :3
Milkshake
hi corin
Corin
hi milkshake, how r u
karibie
nu ppy yalla
NotThat
Opening #Hebrew.

Why not?
CookChefSteak
peppy kun y u so mean pls gibe some attentions we are poor little homeless creatures and we need our vewy own chat channel :~3
Weeapro
PLEASE FIX THIS I HATE THESE ARABS IN MY CHATROOMS HOLY SHIT.

jks :P
ilysm eyal <333
show more