forum

[CONTEST] Black Vultures Metal Mapping Contest

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nishihara
Welcome to the First Official Black Vultures Mapping Contest!
Hosted by SaltyLucario | skro | nishihara
Judged by Malphs | Shmiklak | riot1133 | moonpoint

Song List:

1. Aether Realm - The Tower
  2. Amaranthe - Army Of The Night
  3. GazettE - FRENZY
  4. Artifical Language - Unself Portrait
  5. Aephanemer - Old French Song (Bonus Track)
  6. Serenity In Murder - Revolt
  7. DragonForce - Ring of Fire
  8. Whispered - Unrestrained
  9. Brymir - Landfall
  10. Vulvodynia - Eternal Wasteland of Galaxies
  11. Satyr - Bird
  12. Children of Bodom - Sixpounder
  13. Foreground Eclipse - Last Liar Standing
Rules

1. Submissions must be singular difficulties only, hitsounds are not required
  2. You must not use storyboards
  3. You may collaborate, although if you do keep in mind this will not affect judging
  4. Collaboration submissions are limited to 3 mappers per submission
  5. If you are part of a collaborated submission, the submission counts as your submission as well. You cannot submit another map hosted by you
  6. Your set cannot contain any NSFW, offensive or otherwise harmful content
  7. Your beatmap MUST follow the osu! ranking criteria and the osu!standard specific ranking criteria
  8. Your submission should not be uploaded to the site before judging has concluded
  9. Your submission must be anonymous, your osu! username must not be present anywhere in the beatmap before judging has concluded
NOTE: Your username may be used in the beatmap's "creator" field as this will be anonymized before judging proceeds

Links

1. Black Vultures
  2. Submissions
  3. Beatmap Files
Join the Black Vultures Discord server for updates and results in the #contest_hall channel once judging has concluded!

Judging Criteria

1. Song Representation - How well your beatmap represents your chosen song (X/10)
2. Creativity - How unique the ideas / concepts in your beatmap are (X/10)
3. Structure - How well the ideas and concepts of the beatmap are presented and executed (X/10)
4. Judge's Impressions - The impression your beatmap left on the judge (X/10)

Prize List

First Place - AUD200 + Submission pushed by judging Nominators (Make sure your map is rankable!)
Second Place - AUD125 + Submission pushed by judging Nominators
Third Place - AUD75

NOTE: If you do not wish to make a full spread for rank you may also just take the cash prize. If you decide to push the set forward I will hitsound the map for you if you wish.

Schedule

21/01 - Song List Release (12AM AEST)
21/01 - Submissions open (12AM AEST)
02/03 - Judging phase (12AM AEST)
17/03 - Results announcement (12AM AEST)

Your beatmap's ranking time may vary vastly depending on the nominator's backlog / schedule

Good luck everyone!
soirT
yoo this shit fire cant wait to win lose this awesome contest!
Shikoruto
lol
Dcs
ayooo
Eterdesp
seems smtg cools
Malphs
epic
chocomilk
oh hell yeah
xanthochroid
Can not wait
Quakey
sick
Topic Starter
nishihara
Hey gamers, song pool is out now :pepebusiness:
Fall
wheres torchpassing by kardashev
soirT
I STRONGLY AGREE WITH FALL
Topic Starter
nishihara
submissions open early go wild
Selithrarion
Vulvodynia - Eternal Wasteland of Galaxies 2:44 - 2:56 wow it feels so good after the guitar solo🥰🥰 ehhhh why every song here is so long ;(
can i cut songs or take instrumental version instead of vocal one?
Topic Starter
nishihara

Selithrarion wrote:

Vulvodynia - Eternal Wasteland of Galaxies 2:44 - 2:56 wow it feels so good after the guitar solo🥰🥰 ehhhh why every song here is so long ;(
can i cut songs or take instrumental version instead of vocal one?
these songs are on the shorter side of most other metal songs, we wanted to make this accessible as possible to mappers who dont map metal lol

theres also 2 min songs in the pool u can choose from :) but please do not modify the songs because our intention is to rank the winning entry
skro
Hello guys
SaltyLucario
hey, since this is first time we're hosting a contest, i've set up a poll about the song pool. we'd love to gather thoughts on it and how would you improve it. everyone feel free to fill it, even if you do not plan to participate this time around :) hopefully next time we can come up with a pool that'd convince you to participate!

here's the link to the poll
his everything
i wish i could be in
Topic Starter
nishihara
Hey everyone! Just a clarification, if you get someone to do hitsounds for you it will not count as contribution to the submission as only the map itself is judged. You may choose to split the prize money with the hitsounder but hitsounds will not bne accounted for in judging.
Topic Starter
nishihara
less than 2 weeks remain! submissions will close and no late submissions will be accepted
show more