forum

Osu!Elimination Gamemode for multiplayer (just an idea)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[ Scarlet Red ]
Just a little neat idea that I thought would make a bit more fun for multiplayer (a new gamemode strictly for multiplayer)

I think this would be a little neat addition to the multiplayer gamemode list. How about a little gamemode called Osu!Elimination? (just an idea, strictly for multiplayer use)

Now, the main thing that changes about this, with the normal way multiplayer works, is that if you fail, you cannot get back in, when this happens it can lead to one of two outcomes:
a) Click to spectate another player currently in the game (or randomly selects you a spectator)
b) Continue playing with no chance of getting back in the game (it won't let you actually un-fail yourself)
The goal is to be either THE last person to be in the game, or maybe among the few to make it to the end.
Now you're saying: Well, that'll be easy because maybe if the song is easy you'll have no chance to fail it, and that is true, but what if the host could alter the drain (in combination with mods) and make it a bit more...different for everybody. (I am not sure if it's possible to make a gamemode where the drain of the map is modified through multiplayer, but that'd be interesting.)
Just a little thought that's been in my head for this past weekend, and now it's pretty bland, but maybe it could be a thing with a bunch of tweaks, eh?

Don't hate on it if it's completely undo-able haha.
Myke B
Kind of a dupe t/8537?hilit=elimination but it's 5 years old with no attention. It's a cool idea, especially if you could tweak drain, but I think there would be a lot of luck involved with that, with getting random misses and such. I think it would be a better request (and it would probably have a better chance) if you were to ask for a box to toggle disallowing people to get back in after failing :P
Oinari-sama
Similar request t/112907
Topic Starter
[ Scarlet Red ]

Myke B wrote:

Kind of a dupe https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/8537?hilit=elimination but it's 5 years old with no attention. It's a cool idea, especially if you could tweak drain, but I think there would be a lot of luck involved with that, with getting random misses and such. I think it would be a better request (and it would probably have a better chance) if you were to ask for a box to toggle disallowing people to get back in after failing :P
Yeah that would be cool, and a lot easier on the programmer's part
Topic Starter
[ Scarlet Red ]

Oinari-sama wrote:

Similar request t/112907
That IS similar, but mine is quit different in of itself