forum

Anime on Netflix

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART
do you often watch anime on Netflix?

i personally used to watch these from there because i was super addicted to k-dramas and i watched my first real animes in this streaming platform such as Evangelion, Devilman: Crybaby or Assassination Classroom! some anime are REALLY good on Netflix but i didn't watch everything sadly
Reyalp51
>Watching netflix
you lost me there
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

Reyalp51 wrote:

>Watching netflix
you lost me there
skill issue
Reyalp51

Anaxii wrote:

Reyalp51 wrote:

>Watching netflix
you lost me there
skill issue
mid platform issue
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

Reyalp51 wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Reyalp51 wrote:

>Watching netflix
you lost me there
skill issue
mid platform issue
it's mid because it's not only an anime platform or it's mid because it costs money?
Patatitta
half the animes I enjoy aren't on netflix or whatever streaming platform
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

Patatitta wrote:

how unfortunate
Patatitta

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

how unfortunate
I would argue that half the anime on the world isn't available on most streaming platforms, crunchyroll probably gets the closest but they're still missing a LOT of stuff, so I wouldn't say unlucky and more streaming platforms kinda suck
Jangsoodlor
Here in Southeast Asia we have platforms like iQIYI, Bilibili and Muse Asia (who just licensed animes and hosted them on YouTube, literally.) All of which can be access for free. But the quality is inferior to....alternative platforms I'd say. With most capping at 720p. So we don't need Netflix. Ever. IF you only watched Animes.

Here's free legal frieren on THREE DIFFERENT SITES btw

Even relatively obscure old anime like Shinsekai Yori can be found.
Patatitta
shinsekai yori is not an old obscure anime, not at all

still, checking them, they're missing a lot of animes I personally enjoy, + some animes are region-locked and stuff, yeah it may have the big seasonal anime, but they're still missing A LOT of things. And again, if the alternative method is easier, cheaper, and offer a better product, it's kinda dumb to not take it
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

Jangsoodlor wrote:

Here in Southeast Asia we have platforms like iQIYI, Bilibili and Muse Asia (who just licensed animes and hosted them on YouTube, literally.) All of which can be access for free. But the quality is inferior to....alternative platforms I'd say. With most capping at 720p. So we don't need Netflix. Ever. IF you only watched Animes.

THAT'S CRAZY

i already have my own website where i can watch anime but still
Nuuskamuikkunen

Jangsoodlor wrote:

We don't have as many options here. Mainly crunchyroll which offers a few free anime (only 1 season) or a few youtube channels like TMS Latin America which uploaded (mostly old) anime, as well as streaming services like PlutoTV.

There's a few anime on netflix here too but not too many outside the netflix originals, as well as a few ones in Star+ (The excuse of disney for having 2 streaming services in LATAM to make us pay more) and one local streaming service called Anime Onegai dedicated to mostly obscure anime (or popular old anime that never received dub here like Boogiepop [2000], as well as being the first service to dub hentai in LATAM in 20 years).
Ymir
I've watched No Game No Life, Cowboy Bebop and a bunch of Ghibli films on Netflix.
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

Ymir wrote:

I've watched No Game No Life, Cowboy Bebop and a bunch of Ghibli films on Netflix.
and was it good?
Ymir

Anaxii wrote:

Ymir wrote:

and was it good?
Yeah it was good. I haven't watched all of Bebop though.
Hydreigon
Netflix is kinda eh, like what other people said, there isnt much anime selection in Netflix, i use a vpn to change my location and get certain selections and apparently, here, Japan (of course) and some of Southeast asia have more selections of anime to choose from compared to the rest of the world, but for some people might not have access to a vpn so that can be a con

Really there always been better alternatives to watch anime
Crunchyroll, of course, even has its “originals” animes… though they dont talk about Ex-Arm…hmm…
Video streaming platforms like YT now have official anime playing there now, so you dont even need to pay at all
And lastly we got the… 🏴‍☠️
Actually i wanted to watch Evangelion at netflix at first, but i heard there were some bad changes there such as the ED being a different song (just a piano playin in the netflix one) and certain subtitles being changed and being wrong, so i watched it there instead…

-

Also for Netflix’s anime “originals”
There… meh, obviously there are some good ones such as Edgerunners and… uh…
But the rest are just pretty mid or just not good in general

so yeah
Offdensen
i do from time to time but as of right now my hyperfixations got me sucked in
sametdze
its limited
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

sametdze wrote:

its limited
not really
Patatitta

Anaxii wrote:

sametdze wrote:

its limited
not really
it ABSOLUTELY is
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

sametdze wrote:

its limited
not really
it ABSOLUTELY is
it's been a while since i didn't chekc netflix, they surely added some anime in it :shrug:
Patatitta

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

sametdze wrote:

its limited
not really
it ABSOLUTELY is
it's been a while since i didn't chekc netflix, they surely added some anime in it :shrug:
yeah they have a nice library somewhat, but that's only a very small part of the entire industry. You could watch only anime on netflix but I truly believe that you should branch out and see older animes or less known anime, which are the type of thing that all streaming services are lacking on. Some anime are not in any streming service, and i'm talking critically acclaimed anime, not just some random OVA or something like that.
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

sametdze wrote:

its limited
not really
it ABSOLUTELY is
yeah they have a nice library somewhat, but that's only a very small part of the entire industry. You could watch only anime on netflix but I truly believe that you should branch out and see older animes or less known anime, which are the type of thing that all streaming services are lacking on. Some anime are not in any streming service, and i'm talking critically acclaimed anime, not just some random OVA or something like that.
isn't good to watch only anime in streaming services? like those that everyone watches
Patatitta

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

sametdze wrote:

its limited
not really
it ABSOLUTELY is
isn't good to watch only anime in streaming services? like those that everyone watches
no? why the fuck would you ever do that?

even some seasonal animes are missing. + There are culturally important anime that you may miss out on by just watching stuff on netflix. For example clannad after story is not in any streaming service, or 3-gatsu no lion, or suzumiya. Those are all very famous anime and overall very well respected, and you're missing out of them

+ Why would you NOT want to have a bigger library?, are you going to reject an anime that could be potentially really cool and that you're interested in because it's not on netflix? that's just dumb
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

sametdze wrote:

its limited
not really
it ABSOLUTELY is

even some seasonal animes are missing. + There are culturally important anime that you may miss out on by just watching stuff on netflix. For example clannad after story is not in any streaming service, or 3-gatsu no lion, or suzumiya. Those are all very famous anime and overall very well respected, and you're missing out of them

+ Why would you NOT want to have a bigger library?, are you going to reject an anime that could be potentially really cool and that you're interested in because it's not on netflix? that's just dumb
alright mister weeb i get it
Patatitta

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

sametdze wrote:

its limited
not really
it ABSOLUTELY is

alright mister weeb i get it
just watch anime online on sketchy websites like everyone else, don't be loyal to a company
Nuuskamuikkunen

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

sametdze wrote:

its limited
not really
it ABSOLUTELY is

I am pretty sure these three are in Crunchyroll or HiDive but either way, not all anime are available in any streaming service outside japan, like the ones in the lists below (and I mean ANY, even obscure ones like Anime Onegai). (And these are only the anime released AFTER 2000)

https://myanimelist.net/stacks/29552
https://myanimelist.net/stacks/29610
https://myanimelist.net/stacks/35755
Patatitta
Those 3 I named are not on ANY streaming platform, I checked
Nuuskamuikkunen

Patatitta wrote:

Oh no they're lost media now bc I cannot find it in the seven seas either
Ymir
As much as I want to support the animes I like, I'd do so through merch sales. Legal distributors of anime especially to Australia, are lacking.
Patatitta

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

man the pages you use really must suck huh

Ymir wrote:

As much as I want to support the animes I like, I'd do so through merch sales. Legal distributors of anime especially to Australia, are lacking.
yeah this is what I do too
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

lost media anime are actually a thing now? DAMN
Patatitta

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

1- always existed, just like anything on the internet, some things will be lost

2- those 3 are not lost, as they're massively popular anime and it's on a lot of illegal websites and torrents and official blu-ray releases
Nuuskamuikkunen

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

True although lost media in anime is not super-talked about there are entire series that have been lost to time, even in recent times. For example, the first short film of Makoto Shinkai (Kakomareta Sekai) is lost despite him being one of the most famous people of the world of anime.
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

True although lost media in anime is not super-talked about there are entire series that have been lost to time, even in recent times. For example, the first short film of Makoto Shinkai (Kakomareta Sekai) is lost despite him being one of the most famous people of the world of anime.
an entire anime being lost... this is weird ngl
Patatitta

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

tbf, most lost media are just short projects that really weren't anything special or had much impact. In very rare situations is something that was lost media and was recovered good. It's more trying to recover it for the sake of conservation than for it to be your name 2 and no one knew
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

tbf, most lost media are just short projects that really weren't anything special or had much impact. In very rare situations is something that was lost media and was recovered good. It's more trying to recover it for the sake of conservation than for it to be your name 2 and no one knew
i'm sure if people don't want to recover a lost media that is weird or dangerous, then they won't do it
Patatitta

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

i'm sure if people don't want to recover a lost media that is weird or dangerous, then they won't do it
that was not my point at all. My point is that lost media are just kinda very small things that are not very note-worthy. Lost media has always existed on the internet, but not that much of it is actually that relevant. It's just about conservation
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

that was not my point at all. My point is that lost media are just kinda very small things that are not very note-worthy. Lost media has always existed on the internet, but not that much of it is actually that relevant. It's just about conservation
and those who search the lost media are avoiding weird or dangerous ones because it won't be very fun to talk about those
Patatitta

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

and those who search the lost media are avoiding weird or dangerous ones because it won't be very fun to talk about those
what do you even mean with weird and dangerous lost media?, like, that is not the topic, nver been the topic, and now it's the second time you bring it up. No one on the internet is going to a warzone to recover a vhs of some random tech demo
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

what do you even mean with weird and dangerous lost media?, like, that is not the topic, nver been the topic, and now it's the second time you bring it up. No one on the internet is going to a warzone to recover a vhs of some random tech demo
i mean like media that are too gore or illegal (cannibalism, torture, r*pe, etc.)

there will always be crazy people looking for those lost media but most of them will avoid those
Patatitta

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

i mean like media that are too gore or illegal (cannibalism, torture, r*pe, etc.)

there will always be crazy people looking for those lost media but most of them will avoid those
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? why the fuck are you bringing up that ??????????????????????
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? why the fuck are you bringing up that ??????????????????????
wdym???? there are lost media that are lost media because it's literally that
Patatitta

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

we were literally talking about a makoto shinkai lost media thing and I mentioned that it probably wouldn't be that noteworthy and you go like OH BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT TORTURE GORE LOST MEDIA WHAT ABOUT THAT
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

we were literally talking about a makoto shinkai lost media thing and I mentioned that it probably wouldn't be that noteworthy and you go like OH BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT TORTURE GORE LOST MEDIA WHAT ABOUT THAT
i've literally never said that...
Patatitta

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

yeah it's a fucking hyperbole it's called the english language, point is, you were doing your fucking best to move the convesation to the weirdest topic known to mankind
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

yeah it's a fucking hyperbole it's called the english language, point is, you were doing your fucking best to move the convesation to the weirdest topic known to mankind
i didn't move anything, we were still talking about lost media because eblf mentionned it ._.

there's no point to continue this conversation now...
Reyalp51
Anaxii failing to be consistent with his conversation vs patata trying to understand zommer brainrot

This will be an epic fight
Jangsoodlor

Reyalp51 wrote:

Anaxii failing to be consistent with his conversation vs patata trying to understand zommer brainrot

This will be an epic fight

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

"Lost media" does not necessarily be those things you mentioned. Your great-great-Grandpa wedding photo, for example, could also be classified as one.
Reyalp51
anaxii is one of those kids that thing 4chan is a human traffic site kek
show more