forum

Semi alt vs full alt

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gamja
Hello, I've been semi-alting (alt, but starting every stream/burst with index) for a long time but I'm starting to run into more and more stream/burst patterns where my fingers get tripped up always trying to start with the index finger, esp with higher bpm.

In my head, learning full-alt seems worth because with full-alt, I won't have to worry about starting with the "right" finger. However, I don't know if this is necessarily true and learning full-alt seems like a massive time commitment (relearning how to start streams/bursts with middle finger).

Has anyone went through the same dilemma as me? Did you end up switching to full-alt from semi alt or did you stick to semi alt and eventually get past this barrier with more practice? Most of the top players who alt seem to full-alt?
DM FOR MUTUAL
I play full alt and constantly get tripped up on bursty finger control patterns so idk if it's better

If you want me to break combo just put 2 triples next to each other at 200 bpm and 40% chance I will break, increases by 1 percent for each additional bpm
KS Wicher
Digital hypno had a video about finger Control and explained a method to get better at starting bursts with weaker finger
UruhaRushiaaa
single tap everything alt when you need to
his everything

UruhaRushiaaa wrote:

single tap everything alt when you need to
simplest answer

being a full alt player is imo not as easy as we think
Voidedosu
I singletap almost everything except:

Switching from a slider-end to another object (other slider or a circle)
streams/bursts.
Probably anything over 200bpm.

so I think I'm semi-alt. You just gotta practice it.
Fxjlk
If you are 100% sure you want to master all patterns at every speed you are better off training full alt from the start because it will probably save you some time in the long run. It will slow your improvement in the short term though.

Most players will never play long enough for it to really matter so semi alt is best if you are not that committed to the game. You can always learn the correct way later when your tapping style cant handle the high bpm.
UruhaRushiaaa

Fxjlk wrote:

If you are 100% sure you want to master all patterns at every speed you are better off training full alt from the start because it will probably save you some time in the long run. It will slow your improvement in the short term though.

Most players will never play long enough for it to really matter so semi alt is best if you are not that committed to the game. You can always learn the correct way later when your tapping style cant handle the high bpm.
actually i find that most full alt players progress the fastest considering how broken it is in the early stages for farming dt but soon after full alt players will hit a hump which is extremely diffuclt to get over idk that was my experience anyways cuz i use to full alt at the start but switched one day
Fxjlk

UruhaRushiaaa wrote:

actually i find that most full alt players progress the fastest considering how broken it is in the early stages for farming dt but soon after full alt players will hit a hump which is extremely diffuclt to get over idk that was my experience anyways cuz i use to full alt at the start but switched one day
Ah ok. I'm full alt from day 1 till now and I hit a wall too. Took a while to get over it and it would of probably been easier to progress back then with semi alt.
Voidedosu
*shrug* I wouldn't know, personally. I've just kinda always played this way. The only real change-up I can think of was consciously alternating on any slider. I don't put much thought into it otherwise.
Nanofranne
Alternating is pref. Singletapper most likely utilise semi alt for tapping certain patterns they otherwise can't with singletapping alone. Personally however, I barely singletap
Anaxii 3
I prefer semi alt rather than full alt, full alt is not that easy to practice
his everything

Indomi-chan wrote:

I prefer semi alt rather than full alt, full alt is not that easy to practice
when i full alt, i don't even full alt properly :cry:
KS Wicher
full alt comes in handy when playing high bpm jumps
Akisu
I singletap anything that isn’t burts or stream but if it 250bpm plus than I alt
his everything

JojoXD wrote:

I singletap anything that isn’t burts or stream but if it 250bpm plus than I alt
so you singletap 240bpm jumps???
KS Wicher

Anaxii wrote:

JojoXD wrote:

polo shirt moment, dude singletapped simarik with dt xd
his everything

KS Wicher wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

JojoXD wrote:

polo shirt moment, dude singlepped simarik with dt xd
whatahell
UruhaRushiaaa

Anaxii wrote:

JojoXD wrote:

who dosent? :D
Akisu

KS Wicher wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

JojoXD wrote:

polo shirt moment, dude singletapped simarik with dt xd
Simarik dt is only 145bpm WITH DT if I could read ar 10.3 it would be free setting aside the aim
show more