forum

How to map Lazer Argon hitsound set for taiko to Classic

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
yoyomster
I like these and want to use them in Classic too, but some of the filenames are different.
I'm using the sample set here: https://github.com/ppy/osu-resources/tree/master/osu.Game.Resources/Samples/Gameplay/Argon

Classic uses these filenames which apparently aren't used in the sample set:
  1. taiko-normal-hitfinish.wav
  2. taiko-normal-hitwhistle.wav
  3. taiko-soft-hitfinish.wav
  4. taiko-soft-hitwhistle.wav
  5. taiko-drum-hitfinish.wav
  6. taiko-drum-hitwhistle.wav
And in the sample set are these which Classic doesn't recognise:
  1. taiko-strong-hitclap.wav
  2. taiko-strong-hitflourish.wav
  3. taiko-strong-hitnormal.wav
How should I rename these to get hitsound behaviour in Classic as close as possible to Lazer?
Redo_
You just have to name match them to the hitsounds found in the wiki. So basically just remove the taiko- prefix and you should be ok for the most part. But you won't get taiko-strong-{*} to work in stable no matter what you do.
Topic Starter
yoyomster
Actually I already know removing the taiko- prefix isn't necessary, at least not in my case, since I only intend to use these in taiko mode anyway and already got the other hitsounds of the Argon skin to work in stable this way, which is why I didn't mention them.

I also already knew that the only possible filenames I could use for renaming the taiko-strong-{*} ones are supposed to be the ones used in stable that I already mentioned in my previous post. Problem is I'm no mapper so I don't know the intended use for those in mapping, like what's the difference between the normal, soft and drum hitfinish in taiko for example.

So tbh I was hoping not having to figure out this things by myself just to change my hitsounds in stable, but looks like there's no way around it. I think I'm going to just play a song made for taiko in Lazer and try different combinations with the rest of the possible filenames in stable until I get the same hitsound in those parts of the song there too. Might not be possible to get them exactly the same if Lazer uses hitsounds in a way that doesn't exist in stable, but we'll see how far we get.

Nevertheless, I still appreciate the help. I probably should've clarified things a bit more from the get-go so we wouldn't get misunderstandings like these.