forum

thread for scuffed tournament ideas

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
The Flower Man
hello guys just for fun can you guys come up with some scuffed but interesting tournament ideas that probably would never get hosted anytime soon
davipermain
uhh, maybe a tourny but all the maps are farm and speed maps? lol
DarkVertex
Players have to sing along with the beat map, judges will decide whose vocal performance is best and will count as 1 point, and winning a match is 1 point,
RoterVogel
A tournament with one big mappool instead of having a different one for every stage of the tourney. Maybe make adjustments to the pool for the 3 most hated maps of the pool, but keep the majority the same.
Topic Starter
The Flower Man

DarkVertex wrote:

Players have to sing along with the beat map, judges will decide whose vocal performance is best and will count as 1 point, and winning a match is 1 point,
thats like osu idol tournament but only covers
ERA trooperr
loved maps only.
DarkVertex

SakuyaMyAngel wrote:

DarkVertex wrote:

thats like osu idol tournament but only covers
Didnt know that was a thing
ITotallyGetThat
these are all separate ideas, in no particular order

1. qualifying just gives you a spot, no seeding. matchups are randomly drawn after the map pool is released, every round
  2. XvX team size Y, or something like it. any number of players can play in the lobby but only the top X per team actually count
  3. Best-of-24-hours matches. Team size is much larger than normal, to ensure better team timezone coverage. (strict rules against stalling)
  4. one round all of the maps are djpop maps
  5. customize regular pool maps to replace any breaks with spinners
  6. no pool scaling, all pools at a similar level, all rounds Bo13
  7. something like the FA Cup, where it's open rank but it starts with only the lowest ranked entrants and add higher ranks each round
  8. tournament where all communication is handled on a subreddit instead of discord
  9. At each pick, ref rolls for 3 maps. current picker chooses which one to play (roguelite/deckbuilder/draft-type game)
  10. scheduling gimmick: match schedule rolled randomly, no reschedules allowed
  11. 8-digit tournament
  12. lazer tournament
  13. Oops, all X! Each round the map pool is all one skillset, which changes each week.
  14. ETX/o!mm league. at a specific 3-hour window on some weekday, short signup period. players grouped in divisions of 8 by rating. everyone plays 3 matches, swiss-style pairing
  15. "coming soon" - map pool can only select from maps currently in qualified or pending loved (oh, someone already said only loved maps)
ThatAvocado_Boi

ITotallyGetThat wrote:

1. qualifying just gives you a spot, no seeding. matchups are randomly drawn after the map pool is released, every round
  2. XvX team size Y, or something like it. any number of players can play in the lobby but only the top X per team actually count
  3. Best-of-24-hours matches. Team size is much larger than normal, to ensure better team timezone coverage. (strict rules against stalling)
  7. something like the FA Cup, where it's open rank but it starts with only the lowest ranked entrants and add higher ranks each round
  8. tournament where all communication is handled on a subreddit instead of discord
  9. At each pick, ref rolls for 3 maps. current picker chooses which one to play (roguelite/deckbuilder/draft-type game)
  11. 8-digit tournament
  12. lazer tournament
  13. Oops, all X! Each round the map pool is all one skillset, which changes each week.
  14. ETX/o!mm league. at a specific 3-hour window on some weekday, short signup period. players grouped in divisions of 8 by rating. everyone plays 3 matches, swiss-style pairing
  15. "coming soon" - map pool can only select from maps currently in qualified or pending loved (oh, someone already said only loved maps)
is even 8 digit tournament possible?
Femboi

davipermain wrote:

uhh, maybe a tourny but all the maps are farm and speed maps? lol
I'm currently working on a tournament with all farm maps but its a solo project right now :( So the pools Ive made are mostly just things that i think are free pp and things that other people have told me
Lightin
Tournament maps where the entire mappool is made with hitsound diffs
I AM VERY SMART

Lightin wrote:

Tournament maps where the entire mappool is made with hitsound diffs
nobody uses those hitsounds
thanh792001
A tournament where it doesn’t matter if the match started or not, host will be the decider. In exchange, players will have the ability to farm coins and when they have enough, they can kick the current host and replace with another one.
Idoly Pride
Revenge Tournament

It consists of eliminated players becoming "poolers" with the intention of creating an "anti-pool" to take revenge on the player who eliminated them.
like "xxx player eliminated me with speed abuse, so I'm going to put the worst speed map possible in the pool so he can lose it in the next match"

exemple
Quali = official poll by the tournament poolers, RO32 and RO16 = pool made by ppl who did not qualify, QF = pool made by those who got eliminated in RO16.....
Holast
1v1 no rank range sv1 but no map pool and ChatGPT decides which mapset, difficulty and mods are played out of all possible combinations in the game
niat0004
Iranian-locked tournament.
I AM VERY SMART

niat0004 wrote:

what
ThatAvocado_Boi

niat0004 wrote:

Region locked isn't scuffed tho
mqwilliamscom
I have yet to see this but I think it would be scuffed/banger idea.

A 4v4 with an any-gamemode mappool.
ThatAvocado_Boi

mqwilliamscom wrote:

So, basically, MMT (since that's a thing), but 4v4..
thanh792001
Osu Best Pool Name Tournament

So basically hosts release a pool, and teams have to provide the best possible title for that pool. The winner will be decided by host with multiple criteria.

In turn, players can play the pool and farm coins in the tournament mp links. And when they have enough coins they can exchange them to change some maps in the pool or ban certain grading criteria and/or even hosts.
mqwilliamscom

ThatAvocado_Boi wrote:

mqwilliamscom wrote:

So, basically, MMT (since that's a thing), but 4v4..
oh I had no idea 😐
Sayaka
A catch tournament
ILUVPUERTORICO

trooperr wrote:

loved maps only.
that seems like a really good idea for a 4k mania tournament that would be 2v2 max teams of 4!
Topic Starter
The Flower Man

thanh792001 wrote:

A tournament where it doesn’t matter if the match started or not, host will be the decider. In exchange, players will have the ability to farm coins and when they have enough, they can kick the current host and replace with another one.
what the fuck are you on
I AM VERY SMART

The Flower Man wrote:

thanh792001 wrote:

what the fuck are you on
on drugs maybe
Izutsumi
pick your own pool but its all 4 modes and each player adds 2 maps (To4 2v2 so it would be a pool of 16 maps
I AM VERY SMART

Izutsumi wrote:

pick your own pool but its all 4 modes and each player adds 2 maps (To4 2v2 so it would be a pool of 16 maps
sounds good
RealDeathmatch

ITotallyGetThat wrote:

11. 8-digit tournament
  12. lazer tournament
wait some of these ideas are actually awesome, I'd play in the no seeding one, the XvX one, djpop one, spinner one, ref rolls for 3 and the FA pick one. Tournament hosts pls host these objectively terrible but amazing ideas
Jester678
An open rank tourney where you cant have people in the same rank range as you on your team. (1-9,10-99,100-999, and so on)
I AM VERY SMART

Memejester678 wrote:

An open rank tourney where you cant have people in the same rank range as you. (1-9,10-99,100-999, and so on)
what does that mean?
- Sky -
A team deathmatch tournament, two teams of 16 will compete in a 3v3 format until one team runs out of players.
- Seeds 1-4 will be captains
- Two players on each team will recieve two lives, this will be collectively determined by the team (Accounts for 3v3 with 16 players)
- If one team wins a song all members on the losing team who played the song will be eliminated.
- Teams will be distributed via even/odd seeds. All even seeds will be one team; all odds the other. (This can be debated)
- Mappool will be a predetermined set of 13 maps, after every two maps the difficulty increases. 13th and final map is tiebreaker.
napadenie somov
tag4 tournament
I AM VERY SMART

napadenie somov wrote:

tag4 tournament
based
Chara223

DarkVertex wrote:

how do i report a comment for being too cool?
Yoisaki Kanade
Players are given a set amount of arbitrary currency have 3 hours to create and FC a map from a pool of songs. Afterwards, they use a certain amount of currency each round to 'bid' on another player to play their map, using what that player is bad at to choose.
Players then play the map they were assigned to play, and get assigned a rating based on their performance on the map multiplied by a rating based on the quality of the map they played, along with a rating on the quality of their map weighted equally to the earlier criteria.
A certain percentage of the lowest rated players get kicked out.
Azasapag
- players make the pool
- staff plays it
- players bet who will win/lose/what score will they get
- "players" who gets the most points wins
mothmoon
multimode tournament
but the modes are the lazer karaoke ruleset, touhosu, and gameboy emulator running beatmania gb
RudderFish07
- pool some off-timing maps that have been made by some 7-digits
- players have to wait 1 hour after the scheduled tine
- players have to play osu! with their feets
- a 0.5vs0.5 tournament where each player play half of the map
B0ii
halftime tournament