forum

Hello, New Mapper! (bokeru's mentorship)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bokeru
Hello, new mapper!
How are you doing? I'm assuming, you're in this forum for some important reason. You've started to place some circles and now you're in need of some help. Well, help you will get!

I'm no popular mapper, so I'll guess you don't know me. I'm bokeh, originally known as Xandit, and I've been a mapper for 6 years, and am well versed in a variety of mapping types. I love to philosophize about mapping and dig into the way things work, as some of you may see in the future! I also, really, really love helping others improve and grow to love the medium they like more. I'm.. quite deeply invested in mapping, lets just say, and really want to ignite something in the mappers I can help as much as possible.

I'm offering, to those willing to put in consistent effort, a mentorship where I teach YOU how to map. One that's activity based, one that's focused on building intuition and important skills on making a good map. You in?

Looking for those who are pretty consistently available and willing to do an assignment every 1-3 days!
What I'm looking for in a mentee
The biggest two things I look for in a mentee is drive and consistency. I don't assign big, heavy assignments; usually they're only one section of the song, unless stated otherwise. If you could put aside a couple hours a day to commit to really learning and improving, this whole thing is going to work great for you.
You are more likely to get in if:
  1. You listen to electronic music
  2. You listen to k-pop
  3. You are a furry
  4. You like tech maps (usually on the heavier side)
    if you're invested in mapping, though, you may get in without any of these in mind!
Apply Here!
with love,
bokeru / Keiran Redmond
sparxo
helo
dtrdpixl
bump bcuz best mentor fr 🗣️🔥
Aranel
bump
PentagonGlxy
bump
binarie
vouch
Gsun
bump?
-Doodle
hi bokeru i want to be high elo mapper can you teach me high elo style
Happy Flower
Hello
!
niat0004
vouch, became tourney mapper thanks to mentorship
EnderCraft
Wheeheehoo, based mapper mmmm

bump
mqwilliamscom
bump. Just sent response :p
beethow
still no answer btw
qwt
i submti
Gsun

bokeru wrote:

Hello, new mapper!
How are you doing? I'm assuming, you're in this forum for some important reason. You've started to place some circles and now you're in need of some help. Well, help you will get!

I'm no popular mapper, so I'll guess you don't know me. I'm bokeh, originally known as Xandit, and I've been a mapper for almost 6 years, and am well versed in a variety of mapping types. I love to philosophize about mapping and dig into the way things work, as some of you may see in the future! I also, really, really love helping others improve and grow to love the medium they like more. I'm.. quite deeply invested in mapping, lets just say, and really want to ignite something in the mappers I can help as much as possible.

I'm offering, to those willing to put in consistent effort, a mentorship where I teach YOU how to map. One that's activity based, one that's focused on building intuition and important skills on making a good map. You in?
What I'm looking for in a mentee
The biggest two things I look for in a mentee is drive and consistency. I don't assign big, heavy assignments; usually they're only one section of the song, unless stated otherwise. If you could put aside a couple hours a day to commit to really learning and improving, this whole thing is going to work great for you.
  2. You listen to k-pop
  3. You are a furry
    if you're invested in mapping, though, you may get in without any of these in mind!
Apply Here!
with love,
bokeru / Keiran Redmond
Bokeru, keep up the good mentoring for the struggling new mappers, I will map STD for fun instead and have yourself a nice rest of your life without me. Thank you for everything you taught me inside and outside of the game.... Goodbye.
Rikuka
goodluck
I AM VERY SMART

bokeru wrote:

2. You listen to k-pop
  3. You are a furry
i'm everything except that i'm not a furry sorry :(
Hinel
Buuuuump! :p

beethow wrote:

still no answer btw
Perhaps it takes a while to get a response? ;w;
Topic Starter
bokeru
i got like 5 mentees from already this wait calm down how many new responses has there been???

edit: every response has been looked at up until this point, so for the most part if you haven't been responded to you haven't gotten in, sorry!
qwt

bokeru wrote:

i got like 5 mentees from already this wait calm down how many new responses has there been???

edit: every response has been looked at up until this point, so for the most part if you haven't been responded to you haven't gotten in, sorry!
blocked!! :D
I AM VERY SMART

qwt wrote:

bokeru wrote:

blocked!! :D
damn
Hinel

bokeru wrote:

Aww, ok :c
Topic Starter
bokeru
alright, open again, but make sure to read the post! also, really really prioritizing those in the more likely to get in box (all responses have been cleared so if you want you can reapply)
Hinel
buwump
Topic Starter
bokeru
Bonking
Topic Starter
bokeru
bonking 2