forum

There is a way to adapt a skin in 16:9 to 21:9?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
el-BATARDOOOO
I have the winner skin of skin contest but he's in 16:9, there is a way to switch it in 21:9 ?
Redo_
You would have to edit the files manually in some image editing software. Alternatively you can switch your in-game resolution to 16:9
Topic Starter
el-BATARDOOOO

Redo_ wrote:

You would have to edit the files manually in some image editing software. Alternatively you can switch your in-game resolution to 16:9
and how can i edit it ?
GrubDarlng

el-BATARDOOOO wrote:

Redo_ wrote:

and how can i edit it ?
Depends on the image editing software but it'd be mostly through whatever resize option you have.

If the file fits the screen perfectly itd be 1600x900 pixels so just stretch it to 2100x900. I can't guarantee it'd look good though.
Redo_
That's absolutely not the way to go about it, well somewhat. This would result in an even uglier state than just leaving the elements misaligned. You pretty much have to perform a surgical operation, cut and stitch elements together, remake backgrounds, etc. This process requires quite a lot of time, effort, and skill in order to pull it off well.

You could on the other hand, find the creator of said skin and ask them if they would be willing to provide you with source files. That way you have access to all the layers and can adjust them freely.