community forum

Performance Points feedback and suggestions (Taiko)

posted
Total Posts
645
show more
Sleepteiner
I believe that higher OD levels should make the star difficulty rating higher. Out of all the maps in the the length<100 star<1.4 range, the only ones that are taking me more than 5 tries to SS are the maps in the 4-7 OD range. Some are taking me significantly more than 5 tries. Anything with that low of a star rating shouldn't be that hard in my opinion.
SKSalt
What was changed about Taiko pp system? I just got free 46pp lol

I want to know more details about that :x
Hanjamon

SKSalt wrote:

What was changed about Taiko pp system? I just got free 46pp lol

I want to know more details about that :x
same here
Yuzeyun

Map : https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=776951&m=1

This is fucking stupid. HR is worth nothing. This proves that HR pp is solely based on OD, literally nothing else. And what's even worse is that I personally checked the algorithms and I did find that HR has the least bonus of all three non-time-based difficulty-increasing mods.
dewero
Well I mean aren't the only effects of HR increasing the scroll speed and increasing the OD and HP? That beatmap is already OD10 so HR doesn't change the OD, so the only thing that's different is the scroll speed, which currently isn't checked by the pp algorithm. So it makes sense that the pp doesn't change.

Also I thought it was already known that HR pp is based only off the increased OD
SKSalt

_Gezo_ wrote:


Map : https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=776951&m=1

This is fucking stupid. HR is worth nothing. This proves that HR pp is solely based on OD, literally nothing else. And what's even worse is that I personally checked the algorithms and I did find that HR has the least bonus of all three non-time-based difficulty-increasing mods.
This map is OD10 but pp is HD>>HR=none. okay.

And I'll present my thoughts below.

1) EZ’s OD is not considered.
Now, when we attach EZ, pp decrease only 10%. But I think that still isn't enough. Please look at this map. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/93236?m=1

(pp=385.38)

In this way, when we attach EZHD, It is easy to supply a shortage. I think that is not good. HR=consider OD / EZ=not consider OD? It becomes easy to take precision and read a map. I want you to consider about EZ's OD.

2) A difference of pp is narrow.
For example about this map : https://osu.ppy.sh/b/896390&m=0
Standard : SD=1.74, HDDTHRFL=about 25pp, SD=2.99. HDDT=about 82pp, SD=4.53, HD=about 130pp, SD=6.18, HD=about 301pp

Taiko mapset is from here : https://osu.ppy.sh/s/371857
Taiko : SD=1.51, None=about 65pp, SD=3.0, DT=about 152pp, SD=4.59, None=about 194pp, SD=6.17, None=about 302pp

I mean that way of rising of pp is too flat. Therefore when yu68 achieved super ultra record, he gets pp less than expectation. Also beginner player can easily to get pp than other mode. This is my request. I want to see the ranking that a little clearer difference than currently ranking.

3) About spam overweighted pattern.
It does not justify repetition, but at least, long doublet 1/4, 1/6, 1/8's pp should be fixed.
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=400238&m=1
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/95733?m=1
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=655794&m=1
Such 3 maps, the pp system does not work anymore.
dewero
The thing is, all of these issues are already known by most of the community, and continually raising them isn't going to benefit as much. What I think we should start doing is develop a formal algorithm to more accurately determine the start rating and pp curves of a given beatmap and to address the many issues raised by this thread. That way, someone can create a new pp-calculator implementing this algorithm that can potentially replace the current system
SKSalt

dewero wrote:

The thing is, all of these issues are already known by most of the community, and continually raising them isn't going to benefit as much. What I think we should start doing is develop a formal algorithm to more accurately determine the start rating and pp curves of a given beatmap and to address the many issues raised by this thread. That way, someone can create a new pp-calculator implementing this algorithm that can potentially replace the current system
Yes, but I had not yet said own opinion about this. So I just posted :oops: (similar to other opinions though)
Yuzeyun

dewero wrote:

The thing is, all of these issues are already known by most of the community, and continually raising them isn't going to benefit as much. What I think we should start doing is develop a formal algorithm to more accurately determine the start rating and pp curves of a given beatmap and to address the many issues raised by this thread. That way, someone can create a new pp-calculator implementing this algorithm that can potentially replace the current system
thats literally what i'm trying to do but the program just won't run
AAAAAAAAAA
dewero
What are you having trouble with? I can help you out if you need it
Yuzeyun
hmu in pm it's about osu-performance
[Ayase Eli]
Do we like, actually know if anyone is even available to work on these issues? Like I know there's that one guy everyone refers to when it comes to pp, but have we even established there is someone to take any of the 40 something pages worth of complaints here to?

I don't mean to be a downer, but do we even have reasonable hope to expect some kind of change to the pp system in the next, say, year...? At this point I'm just much more inclined to sit back and let pp do its thing. Its just like every other game, you gotta play by its rules to win.
Yuzeyun
there was an alternate star rating scaling that never happened to live outside of this thread
dewero
When my finals are finished (after this week :D ), I'd be willing to spend some time trying to come up with a better difficulty calculator
darkmiz
please buff hr

i need pp so much
karterfreak
HR doesn't need any more buffs, screw that.
Yuzeyun
i would qft if it wasn't underweighted on low OD and OD10

rescaling OD curve is the only option for now
darkmiz
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/67204&m=1

why oni > inner oni

why pp farm with so easy patterns
Samatrain
k
[_Chichinya_]

darkmiz wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/67204&m=1

why oni > inner oni

why pp farm with so easy patterns
You need to see the patterns to comment.... the Oni diff have so much color changes and paterns what make the diff more complicated for example we can take the kkk kkkk kkkk kkk kkk part... For a KKDD or DDKK player that part is really hard for a KDDK is not... (AT ALL), What i mean with this? the colors and the position play a important with the SR
Please sign in to reply.

New reply