forum

How to make a seperate outline for a transparent image ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TsunaMayo729
https://imgur.com/a/HHVNJya

So I wanted to make an outline like this for my spinner bg ( like in cookiezi's skin's, reference in the link above ) so that it'll have the cool effect when the spinner metre is loading up but the best I could do is make an outline that includes the image and not hollow inside like what I'm looking for. Any help is appreciated.
Redo_
Photoshop has 2 properties which work seemingly the same, that being Opacity and Fill. One of the differences between them is that Fill keeps the Layer Styles intact, while Opacity will affect them as well.

So in order to achieve what you're looking for, you just need to add your Drop Shadow/Stroke and lower the Fill to 0%

Topic Starter
TsunaMayo729

Redo_ wrote:

Photoshop has 2 properties which work seemingly the same, that being Opacity and Fill. One of the differences between them is that Fill keeps the Layer Styles intact, while Opacity will affect them as well.

So in order to achieve what you're looking for, you just need to add your Drop Shadow/Stroke and lower the Fill to 0%

Do you know how to do it in paint.net ? ( I can't afford photoshop )
Redo_
You should be able to do it in PhotoPea. It's pretty much photoshop but as a free website. Good chunk of the UI and functions are the same, so you may even be able to lookup PS tutorials and make them there.
GrubDarlng
I don't play standard so I can't fully understand what you're asking for, but if all you need is the top image in the imgur album than I can help with that:

Step 1: Use this video to make an outline: https://youtu.be/kGinOtueA3U

Step 2: Make sure the image on your top layer is the colored one, and all layers below it are your outline layers.

Step 3: Select the outside of your top layer image using the magic wand tool.

Step 4: Press CRTL + I to invert the selection tool, now you can only edit the inside of your original image.

Step 5: With only the original image size selected, you'll be able to move between your different outline layers while keeping your selection the size of the original image. From here you can delete the insides of all outline layers.

Step 6: Remove the the original image/top layer to be left with just the outline. Final result should look something like this:
Topic Starter
TsunaMayo729
omg thanks :D