forum

Super Smash Bros. 4

posted
Total Posts
show more
Norbi
I got the game yesterday, been playing it a lot since then. My FC is in the list, if anyone wants to add me, just do it. I already have people added because of Pokémon X/Y.
-kevincela-

La Volpe wrote:

Any tips on how to deal with Toon Link's spammable boomerangs, bombs and arrows? I had a hard time dealing with one online, I was playing as Lucario.
Just use Captain Falcon

/runs
La Volpe

-kevincela- wrote:

La Volpe wrote:

Any tips on how to deal with Toon Link's spammable boomerangs, bombs and arrows? I had a hard time dealing with one online, I was playing as Lucario.
Just use Captain Falcon

/runs
Lmfao you made my day.
NaomiMinette
Professor Prinny
Hopefully there will be some GCN Virtual Console games in the future at least.
Unfortunately I kinda see why it's only compatible with Smash.
NaomiMinette
I'm just annoyed that they originally said it WOULD have compatibility with other Wii U/Wii games...

Well... anyway... so has any Wii U-specific modes been announced yet? I don't follow Miiverse all that much.
Nwolf
nope
NaomiMinette
Never again will I ever play Cruel Smash

Seriously, it's not worth it after this point ._.
Jindujun93

Blazevoir wrote:

This, oh so very much. I still haven't gotten that mile stone, I'm always dying after having killed 2~3 enemies.
_sparky_

Blazevoir wrote:

cruel smash is awful.... like ugh
NaomiMinette
For what it's worth (though I doubt it'll help), I used Ganondorf.
Jarby
The 4 KOs milestone isn't too hard to get with Shulk if you abuse his down B counter and play defensively for the most part. I initially tried it with Peach for a while by trying to spam side B from off the edge of the stage since they don't go after you, but it's still too risky.
Professor Prinny

Blazevoir wrote:

Makes me wonder what the highest score is in Cruel Smash so far.

Edit: Also, how do you unlock the 3rd challenge panel?
Jindujun93

Professor Prinny wrote:

Get 60 milestones in total.
NaomiMinette

Professor Prinny wrote:

Holy shit, why didn't I think of that.

Well whatever. As I said, I'm officially through with Cruel Smash.

EDIT: I found this really interesting. Don't get your hopes up, though:

Professor Prinny

Jindujun93 wrote:

Professor Prinny wrote:

Get 60 milestones in total.
That's what a lot of people have told me but I have 61 now and still no 3rd panel. Nvm, got it when I unlocked the Duck Hunt Dog.

Blazevoir wrote:

I found this really interesting. Don't get your hopes up, though:

8 player smash... That would be one hectic fight and "Choose a Mii" makes me think of the announcer as a playable character lol.
NaomiMinette
A majority of the Streetsmash Challenges can be cleared on its Practice mode, by the way.
Azure_Kite
A lot of the Youtube comments on there are talking about how good the Wii U's multiplayer experience will be. I lack the heart to tell them that Peer to Peer connections are going to cause the same problems people have had on the 3DS, unless Nintendo does some basic connection quality testing with clients. Which in turn will discriminate players based on connection quality unless there is no "better choice" of opponents.

And if they do that, then there really wasn't much of a reason to avoid doing that for the 3DS. Ah, fun times.
Jarby
I've had pretty reasonable latency playing online entirely with Japanese people, aside from a handful of sketchy matches. Local multiplayer will always trump it, of course, but I'm wondering how much better it will be to play with other Australians online for me.
NaomiMinette
Playing regionally should be (near) flawless, though of course it depends on the players' internet connections. I've pretty much had no issues playing with people in the US (just minor input delays, but that's about it).
Azure_Kite
I'm away from my 3ds, but do you have me in your friends list Jar?
Jarby
Doesn't seem like it, Azure. Send me it on skype or whatever later
NaomiMinette
So... one of my friends showed me this:

La Volpe
Lmao rekt.
Jindujun93
This is probably the best SSB4 kill I've seen so far.
NoHitter
Lost because of lag in Online. 0/10 will never attempt online play again.
Trash Boat
don't give up no hitter, find somebody near your location. it should work

Blazevoir wrote:

So... one of my friends showed me this:

lol what was Pac-Man damage ratio at that time?
NoHitter
Considering I main Ness... yeah it sucks.
I just die because the lag screws with my recovery. (PK Thunder is hard to land :()
4 - 4 is my record so far, and those loses were due to lag...
Lazulite
Anyone up for some battles 3ds version?
I main- Mii Fighter, Lucario, Lucina, Larry (Bowser Jr.), Robin, and Yoshi
Friend Code is - 0001-3826-0355
also can contact me via my skype -SpartanxGunnerx
Jindujun93

NoHitter wrote:

Considering I main Ness... yeah it sucks.
I just die because the lag screws with my recovery. (PK Thunder is hard to land :()
4 - 4 is my record so far, and those loses were due to lag...
As a fellow Ness mainer, I definitely feel for you. So far I had no lag at all whenever I played (and I did play a considerable amount of time online), but I know how frustrating it can be to have lag with him.
Topic Starter
Birdy
In 5 hours, if all goes according to the plan, I should have a copy of Super Smash Bros. in my backpack while travelling to a friend's house.

Awwww yisssss.
Trash Boat
what could be wrong?
Witch Mercy
Waiting for Black Friday to arrive and hopefully purchase a 3ds xl and the game.
NaomiMinette
NessuDessu
:? I only have the Super Smash Demo.... WAGHHH When do you guys think the SBB4 fever would die down so that I can buy it at a not "sold out" store?
Trash Boat
more like 420 months
NaomiMinette

NessuDessu wrote:

:? I only have the Super Smash Demo.... WAGHHH When do you guys think the SBB4 fever would die down so that I can buy it at a not "sold out" store?
Whenever the Wii U version comes out. (No, I'm not kidding.)
Lanturn
Last I heard the eShop has infinite supply, but I could just be going crazy.

I really want a N3DS now by the way ;_;
NessuDessu
Thanks for your advice, I guess I'll just wait until I save enough money or whenever... :(
NaomiMinette
I'll admit I forgot about the eShop as of my last post, but the fever... well... Let's just wait and see what the Wii U-specific modes are.
show more