forum

Super Smash Bros. 4

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jindujun93

La Volpe wrote:

The controls feels wierd, but i guess i'll just get used to it. I love the game so far.
This. Though I'm glad you can at least change the controls around a bit, I'm just too used to blocking with L and jumping with B.
A few things that do annoy me though is that there are only two tracks per stage, and that if the finals of Smash Run are a fight, it's always on time instead of stocks. Other than that it's pretty great, though.
Bara-

Trash Boat wrote:

thats the OHKO bar, fill it up and deliver the Ultimate Punch! and hows called that duo from Duck Hunt?
How do you fill the bar? By hitting others? Getting hit?
Also, how to unleash?

just another question, but I don't qant to spoil
In classic, in what diff does Crazy Hand start to appear?
And when doen Master Core?
Is there something even stronger (a boss, maybe at 9.0)
Jindujun93

baraatje123 wrote:

Trash Boat wrote:

thats the OHKO bar, fill it up and deliver the Ultimate Punch! and hows called that duo from Duck Hunt?
Also, how to unleash?

The bar does fill by hitting the enemy as well as getting hit. From what I can see it does go down to zero if you don't use it once it is full, though. You can use it by simply using neutral B - that's all there is to it.

Crazy Hand definitely appears at 3.0, I'm not sure whether this is the first difficulty you can challenge it on, though. Maybe the condition is just to use coins to increase the intensity? If you want to be safe, just go for 3.0. Haven't played too much on higher difficulties though, so I can't say on which one Master Core will be available, though I've heard it's apparently from 5.1 upwards.
Trash Boat
but whats that duo from Duck Hunt?
La Volpe

baraatje123 wrote:

Trash Boat wrote:

Also, how to unleash?

When I tried classic mode for the 1st time I got both Master Hand and Crazy Hand at once during the final fight. (I think I was playing on 7) :p
OzzyOzrock
The A.I. for some of the characters for this game is insane. Duck Hunt and Ganondorf took me a bit to unlock since they'd keep kicking my ass hahaha. Oh and don't get me started on how fast they react to shield or counter.
Bara-

OzzyOzrock wrote:

The A.I. for some of the characters for this game is insane. Duck Hunt and Ganondorf took me a bit to unlock since they'd keep kicking my ass hahaha. Oh and don't get me started on how fast they react to shield or counter.
Had the same with lucina
Got 150 dealt, and I got 20
Then he/she got so many combo's he/she killed me with 170
Oh, is Lucina a he or a she?
Jindujun93
I don't think you need to put Lucina into spoilers, since she's on the official website, baraatje. But yeah, she's the only one who was somewhat troubling - the other unlockables were pretty easy to beat, actually. Lucina with her counter, though...
Bara-
Oh
Lol
I also had big troubles with 'Ike' in classic mode (final battle)
Charged B complete
Counter
Died at 17% (got bumped up to 70-80 due to that counter)
La Volpe
Any tips on how to deal with Toon Link's spammable boomerangs, bombs and arrows? I had a hard time dealing with one online, I was playing as Lucario.
OzzyOzrock

La Volpe wrote:

Any tips on how to deal with Toon Link's spammable boomerangs, bombs and arrows? I had a hard time dealing with one online, I was playing as Lucario.
That's his bread and butter for a bit, but I can see why it'd annoy a Lucario. Closest bet is getting close, though watch out for down-aerials at that point lolol.
Ekaru
I barged in on rust's room for a few rounds

It was fun

A bit laggy, but fun
Kouya-
I was planning on buying this last Friday until I had a random fever and I haven't gotten it yet .

So, for now I'll stick with the demo which has 5 uses left =~=
NaomiMinette
Professor Prinny

Blazevoir wrote:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/super_smash_bros_for_wii_u_release_dates_confirmed
Sucks that Europe has to wait 2 weeks longer than the US.
Nwolf
Europe always has to wait longer

at least we got 3DS ver earlier than the rest (except Japan)
La Volpe

OzzyOzrock wrote:

La Volpe wrote:

That's his bread and butter for a bit, but I can see why it'd annoy a Lucario. Closest bet is getting close, though watch out for down-aerials at that point lolol.
I'll have to practice because I was never able to touch him.. I just let him build some damage on me and then I would abuse Lucario's passive.
NaomiMinette
I found this really interesting (character spoilers inside!)
If you switch skins on Bowser Jr., the other Koopalings are there. Even the announcer provides voices for them!
Bara-

Blazevoir wrote:

I found this really interesting (character spoilers inside!)
If you switch skins on Bowser Jr., the other Koopalings are there. Even the announcer provides voices for them!
This is known for quite some time
Just as Olimar - Alph
Also, there are alt costumes for Robin/Wii Fit Trainer/Lil Mac
Male-Female/Male-Female/Normal-Wire
NaomiMinette
I already knew about Robin, Wii Fit Trainer, and Lil Mac having those. And the reason why I used [box] tags was because the particular character that I mentioned wasn't announced on the official website prior to the launch.
Mianki
I haven't been able to play that much because of work but I've cleared Classic with 10 chars. And I've been playing For Glory 1 v 1. My records for that:
Matches played: 25
Matches won: 1
Matches lost: 24.

My god I suck at Smash. Mostly been playing For Glory with Lucina, Link, Greninja
Jarby
Finally able to play online. Add me, fuckers, I main Peach btw: 4897 6167 0433
Norbi
I got the game yesterday, been playing it a lot since then. My FC is in the list, if anyone wants to add me, just do it. I already have people added because of Pokémon X/Y.
-kevincela-

La Volpe wrote:

Just use Captain Falcon

/runs
La Volpe

-kevincela- wrote:

La Volpe wrote:

Just use Captain Falcon

/runs
Lmfao you made my day.
NaomiMinette
Professor Prinny
Hopefully there will be some GCN Virtual Console games in the future at least.
Unfortunately I kinda see why it's only compatible with Smash.
NaomiMinette
I'm just annoyed that they originally said it WOULD have compatibility with other Wii U/Wii games...

Well... anyway... so has any Wii U-specific modes been announced yet? I don't follow Miiverse all that much.
Nwolf
nope
NaomiMinette
Never again will I ever play Cruel Smash

Seriously, it's not worth it after this point ._.
Jindujun93

Blazevoir wrote:

This, oh so very much. I still haven't gotten that mile stone, I'm always dying after having killed 2~3 enemies.
_sparky_

Blazevoir wrote:

cruel smash is awful.... like ugh
NaomiMinette
For what it's worth (though I doubt it'll help), I used Ganondorf.
Jarby
The 4 KOs milestone isn't too hard to get with Shulk if you abuse his down B counter and play defensively for the most part. I initially tried it with Peach for a while by trying to spam side B from off the edge of the stage since they don't go after you, but it's still too risky.
Professor Prinny

Blazevoir wrote:

Makes me wonder what the highest score is in Cruel Smash so far.

Edit: Also, how do you unlock the 3rd challenge panel?
Jindujun93

Professor Prinny wrote:

Get 60 milestones in total.
NaomiMinette

Professor Prinny wrote:

Holy shit, why didn't I think of that.

Well whatever. As I said, I'm officially through with Cruel Smash.

EDIT: I found this really interesting. Don't get your hopes up, though:

Professor Prinny

Jindujun93 wrote:

Professor Prinny wrote:

Get 60 milestones in total.
That's what a lot of people have told me but I have 61 now and still no 3rd panel. Nvm, got it when I unlocked the Duck Hunt Dog.

Blazevoir wrote:

I found this really interesting. Don't get your hopes up, though:

8 player smash... That would be one hectic fight and "Choose a Mii" makes me think of the announcer as a playable character lol.
NaomiMinette
A majority of the Streetsmash Challenges can be cleared on its Practice mode, by the way.
Azure_Kite
A lot of the Youtube comments on there are talking about how good the Wii U's multiplayer experience will be. I lack the heart to tell them that Peer to Peer connections are going to cause the same problems people have had on the 3DS, unless Nintendo does some basic connection quality testing with clients. Which in turn will discriminate players based on connection quality unless there is no "better choice" of opponents.

And if they do that, then there really wasn't much of a reason to avoid doing that for the 3DS. Ah, fun times.
show more