forum

Tips on improving accuracy in Mania 4k

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyzoa
2nd post in 24 hours.

As I see my stamina improving little by little, I feel like my accuracy in game only deteriorates more and more. Looking at my plays from before and now, my scores remain consistent as I miss less notes, but hit them less accurately.
I know I'm not the only to feel this way but how did y'all handle it? Any suggestions?
Wimpy Cursed
The first thing I do is to make sure my body is alright.

But that is cleared, I'd play HR or just play lower star maps and build on the difficulty.
UltraBlack
Play, specifically maps that are a bit down your best, not too much
Pckables
Play in short bursts. More than 90 minutes for me and I tend to see pretty big drops in accuracy across the board.
Also I play best after getting long, full sleeps.

But also I find that my improvement just kinda wobbles between "Missing Less" and "Better MA ratio." I'll have days where im practically FCing but my MAX count is barely any better than my last top play, and then days where my MAX count will be 200 higher than before, but I can't hold an FC in the slightest.
Either way i'm improving, but it's not going to be consistent in all aspects.
Stomiks
I personally have to hit a specific acc in a map before moving onto the next difficult set, varying around 96-98%. If the current set of maps is too hard I just go back down and try there
TheAngryNerd101
If you're talking about general accuracy, try getting scores above 98% on easier maps. You can also try HR mod and Etterna's different Judge presets to improve accuracy. If you're talking about pure precision (setting SS scores) first try setting those on 1* maps or maps with easy patterns that are also easy to ratio. Etterna's J7 and above Judgements are great for practicing just pure precision accuracy. When it comes to SS ranks I usually aim for 995k or above.
l-_-l
I'd say play on easier maps that are around 1 to 2 star maps and aim for 99% or SS ranks and work your way up.
You could also use the HardRock mod to make the judgements tighter to improve your overall accuracy. Don't forget to take breaks as accuracy can be very boring at times lol.
Kaaruumii
turn off hitsounds and sync the song to the taps of your keyboard
rei et
hardrock low stars
crombiest

Pckables wrote:

Seconding this!
Alumence

Pckables wrote:

Play in short bursts. More than 90 minutes for me and I tend to see pretty big drops in accuracy across the board.

But also I find that my improvement just kinda wobbles between "Missing Less" and "Better MA ratio." I'll have days where im practically FCing but my MAX count is barely any better than my last top play, and then days where my MAX count will be 200 higher than before, but I can't hold an FC in the slightest.
Either way i'm improving, but it's not going to be consistent in all aspects.
so thats why i set multiple 260~ pp plays one day and suddenly went godmode

ill try this